Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Pokemon D/P Trading (And Battling?) Thread

Post by Joey »

Yay, I have Ty's stones xD
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thanks for the help, Ty. I ended up just waiting to get strength (I didn't realize it came so early in this game).

In fact, all the HMs seem to come earlier in this game compared to RBY and G/S. Might just be me though...

Anyone want to suggest a moveset for my now level 50 Garchomp? I have no idea what to do with it. Currently it has (I think) slash, crunch, dragon claw, dig. I just want something to get me through the elite four & other in game battles, not some uber hax competitive battling team. :D T.I.A.!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Garchomps are great with earthquake. One of mine has earthquake/dragon claw/crunch/substitute. The other has earthquake/dragon claw/sand storm/substitute. Earthquake is my solution to everything! Even flying things, if I equip the right item. ;D
Image Image
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Earthquake, will do! :D Thank you!

& what item makes flying types vulnerable to ground moves? :o

Edit: also, I'm guessing that the draco meteor move isn't a good choice since Garchomp's all about the physical and not the special attacks, right?
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Hmm, I just got up and I'm suffering vertigo, so I can't remember. Also may be insane. Either is possible. Oh, wait, if you have Iron Ball and a move to exchange held items, that does it. I knew there was a reason I didn't do it with my Garchomps!
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Ingame, it does not matter, really. You can beat the entire storyline with just your starter.

In competitive battling, it's more of an issue, and again, it depends on the IVs and the nature and you can always EV train to compensate.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, if this weren't stickied already, I'd be all scandalous resuscitating an ancient thread. :-P

Anyway, I'm back into playing my Pokémon Diamond, beat E4, all that jazz. I did let my Dragonair evolve to Dragonite. Sadness and such, but I will have her former good looks in memory and enjoy the expanded moves benefits. She can use Fly now and at least isn't a terribly obnoxious shade of orange.

I was on Route 229 hunting for a male Scyther. Too bad the name I associate with them is 12 characters long, so I finally caught one and named him Slash. He's going to be my Defogger and False Swiper.

Anyway, I came across my first shiny ever (I think)...a shiny female Gloom. I'm not enamored with them, so if anyone wants her, let me know and we'll figure out trading. I can change her name to whatever you want beforehand.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't tend to ever mind Pokemon getting resurrected... certainly not for shinies. *rubs Fjorab for luck*

I don't think I ever even raised a plant, outside of the grass starter. Hee.
Image Image
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Image Image
ImageImage
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Thanks! I should probably sign up for some form of Pokemon newsletter so I don't miss out on things... but I dunno where to go for that, so I appreciate the news. ;D Another Darkrai! ee!
Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Argh, quit tempting me to buy Platinum and start over! :-P
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Platinum is awesome, I definitely don't regret buying it. I keep buying Pokemon games, though. I'm their ideal customer. "So 99% of the game is the same, but that 1% is kind of different? I can collect things all over again? ...should I buy two?"
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

Ohhh. If anyone has a Togepi with the Serene Grace ability that they'd be willing to trade me, that would be marvelous! I saved at the wrong point, got a Togepi with Hustle, and it's put me off my game for AGES xD (I wanted Togekiss in my team, but not with HUSTLE!)

Actually, speaking of shinies, I got my first ever one in my platinum game that I'm on now. A shinx! Got it right at the start too, so it's been in my team and is not a shiny luxio called Bee :3
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I have a relaxed one, which is currently named Usako, but I think it's mine and I could rename it. I could be wrong or crazy. It's not the best nature, but it does have serene grace. Maybe someone has one with a better nature, but you can PM me if you want mine. =}
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So similar to the Member Card promo, in a week or so you can get Oak's Letter, which will let you catch Shaymin :D http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/O ... n_Platinum