Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
NeoKuwagata

Re: Super Smash Brothers Brawl Website!

Post by NeoKuwagata »

It's being passed around that the final roster from piecing together various sources is actually Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Link, Young Link (Wind Waker), Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Samus, Pit, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, Kirby, Dedede, Meta-Knight, Ness, Lucas, Captain Olimar, Fox, Falco, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch, Captain Falcon, Ike, Marth, Snake, Sonic, and R.O.B.. Based on what we know this far, I consider this to be the most likely lineup yet. It's nice to see the only non-returning characters, if this is true - would be Dr. Mario, Pichu, Roy, and Mewtwo. And of them, only Mewtwo is a unique character
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

In the Nintendo magazine I am subscribed to, they hinted that Crystal from Starfox might feature, who I think is more likely than Wolf, and she might be instead of Falco. Because 3 Starfox characters would seem a bit much. Not that I'd have anything against it ^^
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I'd be a little disappointed if Mewtwo didn't come back, but OMG LUCARIO. That almost makes up for it. :D And yay, Ness! I would've been DEVASTATED if they left him out ;_;
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Still no love for K.Rool.
Oh how I was wish he was in super smash brothers, not just because he's great- but because donkey kong hasn't got any bad guys in the game.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Man, I'd love for Wolf to be in Brawl. Him and Geno were the main ones I've wanted, but I'd be happy if they could manage Geno as an Assist at this point.

My friend and I were joking about Phoenix Wright being a playable character. How awesome would that be?
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

I seriously hope that list is fake. Am I the only one who doesn't want WW Link (or Young Link) to be in this game? Seriously, we already have one Link. That's like Dr. Mario. We don't need that one.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Well, technically Wind Waker Link and Twilight Princess Link aren't the same person, unlike the Young and Adult Link in Melee. :P Besides, WW needs more love... I'd be disappointed if it didn't get ANY representation at all.

Dr. Mario and Pichu were pretty redundant though; I'm honestly not surprised they're (apparently) not coming back. They'd probably work better as alternate costumes or something. Hey, Wario's getting two different costumes, so why not...
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Ierosbats wrote:
NeoKuwagata wrote:Mewtwo isn't listed with the Pokemon characters though, so it appears he's out.
Auf wiedersehen!

Why, yes! My fandom knows no boundaries. Thank you for noticing.

On topic, however, I'm thrilled Jigglypuff has been more or less confirmed. I wasn't particularly concerned that he'd be cut, but I was beginning to wonder if amidst all these spiffy new features whether or not I'd have my regular character to play. Now I'm really, really curious what his final smash will be.
Sing + Marker FTW? I know if that was his? (I always thought of Jiggly as a she =P) final smash, then I'd play with him all the time (and run off the stage with rollout like fifty times, RIGHT JESSI?)
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Illuen wrote:Sing + Marker FTW? I know if that was his? (I always thought of Jiggly as a she =P) final smash, then I'd play with him all the time (and run off the stage with rollout like fifty times, RIGHT JESSI?)
ROFL yeah, you fail at Jigglypuff hardcore.

I'm probably the only person here that uses Pichu as their main character. In fact... Pichu is pretty much the ONLY character I can play SSBM with (except Sheik. and now Marth). No, not Pikachu. I need Pichu. I don't care if he hurts himself. It's the only character I'm decent with - ask Will. He saw me kick major ass with Pichu.

That being said, I'm personally very disappointed I'll never see Pichu again in a SSB game, and I have no idea who I'll play with in this one, heh.

ETA: For the record, young Link and adult Link in SSBM technically aren't the same character either - Young Link = Majora's Mask Link, not OOT Link. Of course, it doesn't matter, it's practically like playing the same game, move and interface wise :P
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

MM Link and OoT Link are the same person, MM takes place straight after Ocarina. I've never known anyone main as Pichu before, this is exciting.

Today's update was pretty cool, that is to say.. strange. I can't believe this game is out in less than a week.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Actually, the game was delayed until march. Not next week anymore. :x
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

But it still comes out on the 31st in Japan :P Which of course means the internet will be BOMBARDED with new info in only about nine days or so...

Haha, if Jiggy's final smash was the marker attack that would the greatest thing Smash Bros has ever done, EVER. (and the marker doodles would gradually cause damage... somehow... as long as they were on the victims, like the flower thing in SSBM...)
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

haha, no I know, I meant in Japan, meaning all the contention can stop.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Why is everyone obsessed with the marker? I realize you have a lot of childhood memories, but jeez, save it for a taunt, no need to use a writing utensil as an ultimate attack...
Also, may I just say that today's update scared me a little? The remix of the Mushroom Kingdom theme is beautiful, but the stage... It's like that scene in The Lion King where Simba goes back to the Pridelands only to find that it's been destroyed. My childhood memories have been demolished... It's... A little creepy, actually.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

A) Way to imply that marker-lovers are old folks; B) it's Jigglypuff--silly is standard. Jiggly's final smash is not going to be a nuclear blast. What's wrong with wanting something amusing and fun? Oh, right, it's a game--I forgot how serious it was. ^_~
Image Image