Misticpets - Brand spanking new petsite

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Pillow

Re: Misticpets - Brand spanking new petsite

Post by Pillow »

Ah, what a cool present! ^^ I got to the giveaway area and got a WinterGreen box. Not exactly sure what I'll do with it. I like the WinterGala designs a bit more, but the WinterGreen Anya is really really cute, though I doubt I'll really change mine into her.

And with your mention of limited edition pets, I ran over and made a quick Gurahdi with a semi-crappy name. I love griffin-like pets, so it's nice to be able to get one. I'll be saving up to be able to change him to Terror colour when I can ^^ I'm also tempted to get an Obsideon or the deer-Suicune (I forgot its name), but four pets is okay for now (I'm not even exactly sure what the limit is either o.O).
Vertalus

Post by Vertalus »

anyone know where the giveaway is?
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The giveaway is located here:
Games --> Non-flash Games --> Giveaway
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Vertalus

Post by Vertalus »

thank you!
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Thanks for the heads up, Seerow! I got a WinterGreen box, which is nice enough though nothing in the colour jumps out at me yet. I also created Tac the Jinx. Finally got one. :)
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

Is the imposed limit still five pets per account?

I got a Winter Gala box... I like it, but I like the Winter Green box too. Sigh. D:
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

They've added a koala-like pet called the koko. This should be important to you all. Sadly, it has a tail that comes out of where its genitalia should be, rather that its spine. It also has hands for ears, seriously.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

D=

I am sooooo disturbed....
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

On a somewhat less disturbing note, I've noticed they've changed their Exploration maps. Some of the newer flash maps are neat, but clunky for when you when to get someplace fast. The main map is still weird. Some lands take up entire continents, most of them go nowhere, and others have 3 or 4 different areas. What's so bad about a map that isn't of the entire planet, especially when all the places you can go can easily be contained within a US county if not a state. You're just setting yourself up for nowhere else to actually explore. And the random anthro even though npcs acknowledge that you are human. And there's still no text for the icons in the sub navigation window. And lots of places don't have links backs to the main sections of the site. And...I suppose I'm only mentioning it now after going through all the items on the site and finding a sentient chocolate pet. The art can easily beat the best of the best on Neopets and Subeta, but so much stuff is..broke. And they want real money to get all the cool colors for your pets when there's not much of anything to do still. Gah, I wish it were fun.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Good to know I wasn't the only one who was horrified by that pet (though I hadn't noticed the tail thing, the ears were enough to drive me away from it). @.@

Can't say much about the map right now. Haven't looked at much of the site lately, but I sure hope they can pick up the pace. The place looks promising most certainly, but needs lots of work.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

So I went to go send out my lovebug/cootie this morning and found myself logged out. That happens sometimes so wasn't really concerned. After logging in with what I know is the correct username and pw, it says my account does not exist in the database?

Anyone else have this issue? I don't think I was banned since I honestly can't recall doing anything wrong on Mistica and never received a warning or anything 0_o

If my account was purged from the system for a reason, I'm going to be pissed. I had six pets painted the way I wanted them and that took a lot of real life cash and work on site as well. Not to mention I had a lot of rare items since I'd been there since the day the site opened. Arg, I emailed support, lets hope they have a good support system.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Well, judging by the fact that I can't sign up with a username I'm pretty sure would be free, I don't think it's just you. (Saaad. I wanted the pretty arts. D: ) It keeps telling me Duplicate entry something-or-other whatever that means.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I'm hardly an adequate sample size, but it seems I am able to log in, at the least. Kinda neat that I remembered my password. I really hope you get that straightened out!
Image Image
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Ah, it works for me now. :) Now to figure out how to work this thing, hehe. I wonder what was going on earlier?
BoaConstrictor

Post by BoaConstrictor »

...the Koala is outright appalling by my feelings... :(

I can't find the chat on the help(not)-site anymore, the forum there is down as well. :twisted: Googling I found this thread.

I was going to be the first posting/inquiring about this problem this morning, but somehow I never got an activation mail for registering (I've always only read never before posted on here for years).

Activation somehow worked now, finally.

I was kind of glad to read Seerow's post later on, since I was suffering the very same problem.

I got logged out this morning while playing and still can't get back in:
"The username you entered is not yet in our database!"

Could anyone of those, who can log onto misticpets, let us know, what is going on there?

I don't want to bombard them with mails, if they are aware of and working on the glitch anyway.

If you haven't guessed, I'm Boa there.

edit:
Efferd posted on the helony forum (forum.petgames.de), here's the quote from misticpets
Our user table crashed during the night! We have gotten it up, but a few accounts have gone astray. The information is there, we are working to repair it.

Thank you all for your patience during this time.

~Admin Team
Misticpets.com

User ID's are important.

Please get yours and retain it for your records. Smile

GO to REFERRALS on the left hand navigation.

Look for your referral link:
Your referral link is: http://www.misticpets.com/?r=xxxxx

xxxxx is "MY" User ID.
o.k., .... :?
now... how are we supposed to look up and remember ou User ID, if we cannot log in?! :mrgreen:

edit # 2:

finally able to log back in!