Misticpets - Brand spanking new petsite

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Misticpets - Brand spanking new petsite

Post by Seerow »

Whoot, looks like the problem was solved! I'm very very happy to have my account back and everything seems to be in place.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Sorry for double posting, but well, this is worth it!

ImageImageImage

These are just a few of the awesome masks for their Mardi Gras event. You get them by completing quests for the Rougarou. You can do 10 quests a day and there are a total of 20 quests for him. He works like Chase though and if you don't bring the item within 10 minutes you have to restart.
According to the news, he'll be open for about a week, so if you want the pretty masks I'd do it soon.

It seems he does ask for a few specific items though and as such they are no longer for sale in usershops :( It's being tweaked so hopefully it's more randomized or something.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

Thanks for the info. I was able to do 5 quests before he asked for something for 250k, and since I spent most of my 60k on the other ones, I guess I'm done.

I'm too lazy to read through 24 pages - is there a reliable way to make points on the site? I think I stopped playing because it felt like there wasn't.

Edit: Or I guess a more accurate statement would be that I never got into playing because it seemed there wasn't a reliable way to make points when I first joined. I do stop in when I remember to check the giveaway, that's about it.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I just play Draklaita Blocks every day for the 30k points you can win. 30k a day is enough for me to get by on since I don't really buy all that much.

With the new quest out, it seems restocking might be a bit more profitable for awhile at least.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I adore Tetris a ridiculous amount, but I can't play Draklaita Blocks. It's way too finicky and rarely ever allows me to tuck a block under another one (causing me to have stupid gaps). Not good for my blood pressure. ;P
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

That suck Ty :( I rarely have any issues getting blocks to tuck in under one another. Sometimes they will stick and won't move at all, but that doesn't happen very often.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Thanks, I played it a bit last night.

But I still can't do the quests - I guess he always asks for the same things? I got to the 3rd quest when he asked for something for 250k again, so I restarted and he asked for the same exact items each time.

edit: The prizes are nice but it's frustrating too. I got up to level 7 this time before he asked for an item not in shops. It sounds like maybe it's going to be over soon? Well, I tried.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

New color was released today, Apocalyptic. Which is essentially a zombie pet.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ahbruis, Stignightus, Inarbu, and Yehxil are the ones released so far, though it seems like more will be released later.
I rather like the Ahbruis and Yehxil, though I don't see me ever getting any of these pets.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I like zombies. Also, no off-site links will show up for anyone who hasn't got them in their cache. ;D
Image Image
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Subeta may not be having an Easter celebration, but Misticpets is :) There are 10 eggs hidden throughout the site. You can
go hunt them down yourself, or just follow the links provided in the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler: open/close
Purple Easter Egg - Nonflash Games
Green Easter Egg = Mail Page
Blue Easter Egg = Bank
Pink Easter Egg = Who is Online Page
Yellow Easter Egg = Zarabeythe's Profile
Yellow-Pink Easter Egg = Battledome
Pink-Blue Easter Egg = Disown a Pet (You don't have to disown)
Pink-Green Easter Egg = Societies
Blue-Purple Easter Egg = Referrals
Blue-Green Easter Egg = Terms and Conditions Page

Don't forget to visit the Giveaway page for a pretty envelope thingy.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Thanks for posting about it. I completely forgot about the site for a few weeks.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Ohhh, I won the very last box given away in the Daily Box Giveaway thingy that's been going on. Definitely wasn't expecting that to happen, but it was a really nice surprise.
I didn't actually get a box, instead I used the 90mp reward money and combined that with my left over 10mp and bought a Pet Slot Token. Yay for more pets :)
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Gah.

Why do sites insist on completely screwing with their layouts. I honestly do not understand it.

Misticpets completely redid their layout, akin to how Neo screwed with theirs, and I hate it. Everything seems really small and I don't know where anything is anymore :(
That, and I really loved the unique layout they had before. I miss my gorgeous forest scene!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

*logs in*

x.x

You're right; it's completely screwed up, and just awful. If I played this site more, I'd probably be super pissed. But since I don't, I'll just gnash my teeth at them from afar.

Although, while I'm here: is there the equivalent of the Neolodge anywhere? My pets are constantly dying, and while I mostly don't care, I'd like to keep them fed, against the day these folks decide it matters in some way.

Thanks! *glares at layout some more*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Wow. Way to homogenize. The forest bar was one of the best things about the site. And now it just looks like every other bog-standard bar-on-left websites. That is a damn shame.
Image Image