Ichumon--New petsite/RPG

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Skitty

Ichumon--New petsite/RPG

Post by Skitty »

Ichumon.com
ImageImageImage
BRAND new petsite, just opened this weekend. All the best names are available with less than 1000 pets total created and less users then that.

I got the pets named Sirius, Cat, Doctor, and God, and my friends got some equally awesome names.

They've still got some bugs and issues to be worked out, but it's to be expected with how new it is.

The art is nice on the pets, a little lackluster on some of the items. The users seem nice and the admins respond VERY quickly. The most interesting aspect about it, however, is the RPG element--you can take your active pet into a Neoquest-esque map and fight random monsters (VERY Neoquest, but that's not a bad thing) to level up, then spend stat points to train your stats however you'd like. Also, you can form parties with other players currently playing the game in order to earn experience bonuses.

I'm already mildly addicted to it... it's quite fun.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Ichumon--New petsite/RPG

Post by Joey »

It kinda looks like mysticpets stole subeta's layout...
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Ooh, a Final Fantasy-like petsite? Sweet.
Veo

Post by Veo »

Started my own account - Veo there. Snagged names like - Bahamut, Tritoch, Shiva, and Ifrit. Happy.

edit - Random events like Neopets? Avatars like Neopets? That world at the header looks like from Neopets too . . . . Lulz.

At least the art is prettier, and you aren't afraid to post on the forums in fear of getting frozen. So far, I like it. Granted Neopets has the plus of getting updated all the time, but it will be interesting to see where this site goes . . . . :3
Last edited by Veo on 02 Aug 2008 08:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

The RPG bit sounds interesting so I signed up. Managed to hatch my pet after hitting the limit on the Higher/Lower game (damn, that was tedious), the quests and donating one apple. Bought a random weapon and the RPG bit died. ._. Nice timing.

Edit: It's back and seems interesting so far. Beaten two monsters just using my single weapon, then got wiped out by the third. Don't like that you can't run from fights and healing costs 1000iP.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Is there a help site or a place on the site itself that shows what the eggs evolve into? I hate when sites use eggs then don't show you what they will actually look like :(

The art is VERY similiar to Misticpets' art. I wonder if some of the artists used to work there heh.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Skitty

Post by Skitty »

I think Ole, the main admin (I think?) might be repairing a glitch that was going on there earlier today. He made a news post that mentioned that he was going to fix some glitches a while ago.

I find that the best cheap weapons for beginning are a Beta Ring (you get it for free if you sign the Beta Rock, I think) for defense and a Carrot Blade. Good to have a feather of some kind as a backup weapon too.

EDIT: On the Help Forum there's a thread made by Truckerman that lists what the pets evolve into as well as the "New Born" color for all of them.
Last edited by Skitty on 02 Aug 2008 08:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Seerow wrote:Is there a help site or a place on the site itself that shows what the eggs evolve into? I hate when sites use eggs then don't show you what they will actually look like :(
There's a thread in the forum showing them: click.
Veo

Post by Veo »

The Lepardos is so cute!!! :3

Also, be sure to go here - sign the Beta rock. free stuff = very much winzars. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Veo on 02 Aug 2008 08:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Nothing off-site so I don't have to sign up and potentially not like it? ;)
Image Image
Veo

Post by Veo »

I just leveled up! *Veo loves this site now*

However, I just realized something. They don't cap how much you increase your stats by. In DnD for instance, they would never let you throw all your skill points into one skill because you'd break the game doing that. A level one rogue with 40 points into "pick pocket" would be a very rich rogue very quickly. XD

Just a thought. Until then - (lets Tritoch have health and strength) - battle on! :3
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I caved in and signed up. The name possibilities were too much. And the armadillo pet fed my adoration of glyptodonts and... Well, what was I supposed to do in that kind of situation?

I got Dream, Never, Silver, and River. And now I'm thinking Dream should probably have been "Ver" instead. xD
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

So far, I concur with Joey's insightful observation. Things that amuse or annoy me:

1. The creativity displayed in terms like mystical magic. "There is a mystical magic around this land, and we have been developing our research on it ever since we first discovered it. This mystical magic allows us to breed and care for magical pets, called Ichumon." As opposed to non-mystical magic.

Okay, so I'm nitpicking, but surely those sentences bother someone else here? Also, in this context, Ichumon makes me think instantly of Digimon.

2. Random anthro. *le sigh* Maybe I haven't played enough and I'm missing some key information, but I doubt it. No one seems to get why it makes no sense to make to show two completely different forms of the same animal with no explanation as to why they're different. I know you know it irks me and maybe not you, but I said it regardless.

3. 10 species? Do they have other poses perhaps? Colors? I can't say I care for any of them.

4. Descriptions! The description for the pet I'm kinda interested in, the armadillo, has them clocking in at a whooping .2 mph or something? Maybe it's sarcasm, but that's comparable to a snail for their size. Buh?

I know they have eggs instead of the final form images, which I agree is dumb, but geeze.

The Lepardos is a Leopard style Ichumon.
What's a leopard?
Have you ever seen a unicorn? If not, you could own one! I can't own one if I've seen one? Bummer.

5. User profiles open new tabs or windows. Clicking on a pet from a profile opens another new tab or window. No. Bad. *swat* Clicking on items in your inventory is dumb. Once you've selected an action, there isn't a Go Back to your inventory link and it doesn't reload your inventory. Actually, for most actions there isn't a link to take you back to the previous page. You click-click-click to get somewhere, then once you do that thing you have to click-click-click to get back to that subsection.

6. Links aren't different colors, at least not for me, which is annoying and confusing. The text is also unusually tiny.

7. No tutorial. Just because everyone else doesn't have one doesn't mean everyone else doesn't need one. Actually, The Kingdom of Loathing has a very simple and decent one.

8. I'm sick of the entire world being on an Explore map, especially when you can't visit most of it. It's nice to have for reference when you're the one creating the world, but it makes the world feel very small. Imagine if there was a game called Earth Pets and when you went exploring, you were taken to a map of the entire planet and the only places you could explore were: the Mall of America, Disney World, 1 city block of Antarctica, the Taj Mahal, and a farm in Ohio.

9. The Higher or Lower game you have to play in order to hatch your pet, unless you want to spam the forums, doesn't tell you they aren't playing with a normal deck of cards. Their card was a 10, I clicked lower for mine, and my card was a 15. If you're going to not play with the standard deck of cards used everywhere on the interweb, at least take a sentence or two to mention it in the rules of the game.

10. Marriage Requests—For the love of Bob. These better be blockable.

11. I've just realized how annoying restocking is when you're new and have no idea what items even exist nor what you should get for your pet. Buy stuff here! Haha. JK. There are no items here.

12. I like how Itchies can be leveled like adoptables. Adoptables are minimally amusing on their own, but I can see more potential as parts of a larger sphere of influence.

13. You have been attack! On the surface, the battle system is very much in line with what I'd choose. I don't like using Neopets' two weapon at a time rule. It's weird and illogical. You aren't automatically healed after a battle you win, so you have to go to the healing shop constantly? Ending your battling shows up as a tiny text string underneath all the battle log rambling.

14. There is no 14.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Huggles wrote:10. Marriage Requests—For the love of Bob.
Hey! You can't swear to yourself! That's sacrilegious!
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yes I can! Bob loves sacrilege!

Also, I don't like the implications of the giant grey heart on pet lookups. Just because my pet is not married doesn't mean she isn't loved and happy. Kaotika would be miserable if she were married— you stupid, ignorant, hamster dancing, noob loving, little lemmings.