Meteor Games: Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: Meteor Games: Vikings, Pirates, Ninjas

Post by mellaka »

You can now change your basic appearance for a small charge. The barbershop where you can do so is at The Spit for pirates, Port of Helmsguard for vikings and Kishu Palace for ninjas. I was glad to see this because character creation was glitched on the first night, when I made my viking, and I've been annoyed by her nose ever since. So yay she got a new one. They're also planning to add premium hair/eye colors and hair styles for real money.

And, pets are now animated and show up next to your character, except for worms. I already had a puppy for my viking, but went out and bought a gray squirrel for my ninja and a gray kitten for my pirate. So cute =P
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

My ninja has worms. A worm. I still can't afford any of the other pets and I'm still nowhere near to building my boat because I still cannot check back more than once or twice a day. Although, I did fix my ninja's eyes, but I still hate how she looks like she's having a seizure every time she looks up. Still. And what's with the random buck teeth?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I bump thee! So, does anyone know what our stats do if anything? And more importantly, how does the inventory system work? I am utterly confused. I have a ninja, a pirate, and a viking and they all seem to have different maximum inventory sizes. But, I don't know if it's because of their stat distribution or their class or what.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

Huggles wrote:I bump thee! So, does anyone know what our stats do if anything? And more importantly, how does the inventory system work? I am utterly confused. I have a ninja, a pirate, and a viking and they all seem to have different maximum inventory sizes. But, I don't know if it's because of their stat distribution or their class or what.
The inventory was recently expanded to hold 12 items, but it will hold quest items as you get them too. But, if you have more than 11 items in your inventory you can't buy from shops (but you can buy from auctions). Adam says there's more in store for inventory expansion options (bags or something), but that they're having trouble with it right now.

And I don't know if stats do anything, but there are a couple quests on Hydra Island that require a minimum stat. I don't remember for sure, but I think one is 25 strength and another is 25 intelligence. There is also a non-required quest that requires possibly 35 strength.

Edited to remove referral info since they are no longer accepting info through support queries.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Anybody else still playing? They've got a few mini games up, have added an Egyptian themed island, and there's other new stuff too. I can't remember exactly what, but they're there. They also gave out meteor shop credits to everyone. I can't remember if you had to claim them to receive them. But, if not, you can buy the cheapest energy potion there with 3 uses.

And maybe it's just me, but the fact the the only two black npcs are some dude with a bunch of 80's gold chains, and a chic who rolls her eyes who I'm just waiting to hear say "Oh no he didn't", smacks of the kind of black portrayal you'd expect from people who'd never met one in real life. Like say, the Japanese. Everything in the game is over the top and ridiculous, but they seem out of place when everyone else's race looks entirely random.
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

I'm still playing but am annoyed about the latest energy changes. People were already complaining about not having enough to do and having to wait too long for recharges ... so they make each recharge able to accomplish less?

Edit: Adam said he's tweaking energy again, so hopefully it will improve.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I finally got around to signing up here (I'm a Viking called Magnus the Bold). Not sure what I'm supposed to be doing. I did a load of quests (which just seems to involve clicking on them, is that it?) until I ran out of energy.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Yes. That is it. There are a couple mini games to play either from the games icon at the top, or when you click on the name of a location. But yes, it's just clicking. With funny flavor text. Sometimes I sit and watch my puppy's animation. Longer than it should reasonably be amusing.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So, what do you DO in this game exactly?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I just told you. You click buttons to do quests. There are also some mini games. They claim it's a social networking game. Although I haven't tried myself, you can play it on things like myspace and facebook. It's like what Keith says Subeta is supposed to be, but it actually is. Think Fuzz Academy, but with more ninja.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I've been spending more of my internet time on VPN than any other site lately. I'm not really good, though :P 2 of my characters are at lvl 11, and need to build boats... which looks tedious. And then I made another character to kill more time waiting for energy on the other 2 to go back up!
One of my favorite parts of the site is playing Witchery 101... that game's addictive.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
mellaka

Post by mellaka »

They've now changed it so you can regain energy from playing mini games, which seems like a great addition.

Unfortunately, I've been too busy playing in the Altador Cup to do more than my few quest clicks every half hour or so.
lavender

Post by lavender »

Getting energy from games is a great improvement. Yay!

Here's a question - how important is your status with factions? I've built my boats, but I'm wondering if I should hang around to improve my faction status' or just move on...
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Depends on if you're bored or not. I was so I went ahead and now I'm to the point where all I have left are factions to raise. If you can stand it, I'd stick around to get at least one raised to the max before you move to another island. If you go for them all, you're likely to miss out or be last to qualify for any new special events whenever new content for higher levels is released because you needed to do X quest someplace you haven't been yet.

The energy change is great. I do quests and use up my energy across all of my characters. Then I go back to one and play a game to get 50% of my energy back. Then I do quests again. Then play a game. By the time I've sent five scores, my other characters' energy is half full. I burn through quests on both, and then I start the game cycle on another.
lavender

Post by lavender »

Alright. Thanks Huggles! :)