Big Pokemon Announcement on May 10th

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Re: Big Pokemon Announcement on May 10th

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Mayhem wrote:
AngharadTy wrote:Think they'd remake Crystal at some point?
I doubt it. They didn't remake Yellow.
Yeah, but Yellow was pretty lame, in as much as different story line goes. It would have been terribly out of date for them to remake Yellow now (as in, when they did FireRed and LeafGreen), since it followed the storyline of like, season 1 of the anime? Which was way old by then.

Crystal at least had a more changed storyline, so there's probably a slightly-larger chance they'd remake it, I'd think. Probably still not a -huge- chance, but you know!

That said, I'm very pleased they're remaking these <3 I would be soooo excited if there are individualization options for breeding ahmggggg *_*
<3
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Joy. :) As long as it isn't exclusively for DSI, I'll be ok. *still has original red DS*
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'm totally excited for these games, especially since I've never played them before xD The mindless fun of Pokemon never gets boring to me, hee. Though now the idea of a Pokemon Snap for the Wii has been placed in my head and.. damnit, i want it.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Yay, I can catch the three dogs/cats/gerbils/whatevers and their stats won't be horrible. And battle Jasmine again :3
derp
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Not too sold on the names, but heck, it's not like they really matter. :D GSC remains my favourite gen so I've been waiting for these for what feels like forever!

(Shiny Ho-oh! I can finally get one!)
Madge

Post by Madge »

Woohoo! I'm very excited about this :)

My current quest of beating Diamond a buttload of times, each time with a team consisting of a different type is a pretty awesome thing to do. It definitely keeps pokemon challenging. I'm not sure why I just mentioned this. Oh! Right! With the shiny gold or whatever they're going to call it, I'm going to totally do that again. HOURS of fun :D.

It's funny, I was just mentioning to my boyfriend Paul last night how I would love a remake of GSC, so the fact it is happening is really awesome.

I am totally going to make it the third DS game I ever buy. And if they make it for DSI I'm going to have to spend a fortune on a new DSi (but it gets cheaper with tradein of old DS...) and also a new ROM cart.

But this is exciting! And so much better than a pokemon MMO (sorry, Ty!)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I definitely don't think they'll make it DSi-only. The carts are the same; the things that are DSi-specific are digital content. And I don't think they'll be making this a downloadable game. It might have DSi-only features; I could conceive of that.

But I suppose I am wary of saying things like "haha, no way would the company do something so stupid" after Neopets and customization. They killed my faith in capitalism. *sniffles*

Also, I suppose I'm less excited about the GS remake because I played Silver and Crystal. After playing Ruby, sure, and I had no way to trade at the time, so it wasn't a full experience. But it's not new to me. I am sad that there's no Pokemon massive, but at the same time, it'll be nice to continue to see the sun on occasion.
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So Pokemon Sunday has aired, with a few video clips. From the screen caps I've seen it's looking very nice. One of the new features it looks to have is for your starters to follow you around, Amity Park style, only everywhere. They've just shown Chikorita so far, but I'm guessing it'll work for all evolutionary stages as well. I also gathered that there are weird weather patterns in the hometown, it looks windy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvatNAUK ... annel_page < Here's a video if anyone wants to check it out :D
Madge

Post by Madge »

Does anyone know what the thing about 2009 was? Is it getting released this year? This I find hard to believe. Or is the Japanese release this year, and the worldwide release is going to be in a year's time or so?

In any event, still very excited about the whole thing!!!

It's going to be SO AWESOME :D. Gold/Silver are where the franchise peaked, IMO. :D :D
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I think it said that it was the 10 year anniversary of Gold/Silver, and it is -supposed- to be coming out in Fall 09 in Japan. So, like sometime a long time away from now for the rest of us D:
<3
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I mostly LOL'd at the end, where they had previews for the anime and it of course showed Ash magically fighting the Ice gym leader with his Grotle and Gliscor! Cause Ash can do anything as long as he believes in his Pokemon!

I want a kirlia to follow me around :<
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Cause Ash can do anything as long as he believes in his Pokemon!
AIM FOR THE HORN LULZ.

I...won't buy them. I already have played G/S/C and I know what happens. I didn't buy FR/LG for the same reason, I still had a working copy of Gen I games, at the time of their release. :) So, I don't need them, and I'm both sad and grateful at once
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So, some new scans from CoroCoro... Apprently they've designed a new female character, instead of just going with Crys. The new girl is pretty cute, but I love Crys! She had the weird blue hair and everything D:

Scans: http://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/uploa ... rocoro.jpg
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I hated the girl from the original games, especially her hair. D: I'm not too fond of this girl, either (I hated May, too). I wanna kill that hat, and what is it with girls and weird pigtails? And why do they reuse the same boy character for every game? Although, I liked the dude with the white hair. He looked pretty cool.

I was so releived that Dawn was cute, but now we're back to crappy character designs. Back to using the male sprites. :/

I don't know why this enrages me so much.
Jessi

Post by Jessi »

I'd hardly say they reuse the same boy character every game O_o; I never played the original RBY or GSC, but the boy in Ruby and Sapphire looked totally different to me than the boy in Diamond and Pearl and the boy in FireRed and LeafGreen.

I find the new girl adorable, personally, but I'll be going back to Travis for this game most likely XD Playing as a girl was weird!