Big Pokemon Announcement on May 10th

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Big Pokemon Announcement on May 10th

Post by Mayhem »

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M ... this_month

"Several media outlets have revealed that the announcement of a major, popularly-discussed Pokémon game will be made later this month. Pokémon Sunday is set to unveil the title May 10.

The show's official Web site describes the contents of next week's episode as "a worldwide first announcement and a worldwide first big scoop". The upcoming issues of CoroCoro and Nintendo Dream, which are Japanese magazines, have likewise been disclosed and are known to contain information regarding a "much-talked-about big title", although it is not directly stated that a Pokémon game is involved. Both magazine issues will be released after the airing of Pokémon Sunday.

Furthermore, the most recent episode previewed the annnouncement by showing two balls: one gold and one silver. Based on this as well as the fact that the game is said to have been the center of much speculation, many fans believe that the announcement will pertain to two titles: the Pokémon Gold and Silver remakes. It is also theorized that Junichi Masuda will appear on the show to make the announcement, since he did so both last month and the month prior in regard to other game-related scoops."

Personally, I don't think a 5th gen is going to be announced. It's too soon, and Platinum hasn't even finished releasing worldwide yet. It's not a Mystery Dungeon game, the new one for that was already announced.

A lot of people think it's going to be a GSC remake, which I would be down for, but I am personally hoping for something much bigger. Some people are hoping for a Pokemon Snap, which would be pretty neat with the Wii controls. I've been wanting a Pokemon MMORPG ever since I discovered the internet and if not that, a fully 3D adventure the Wii would make me squeal like a little girl.

WHATCHOO THINK, GUYS?
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Goldenchaos

Re: Big Pokemon Announcement on May 10th

Post by Goldenchaos »

I really hope its not a 'side' pokemon game..I do want a GSC remake, though, mostly I just want a complete facelift of the series that deviates from the norm ..and has more options to actually be inovative
Image Image
ImageImage
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'd love a GSC remake. :D If it's anything other than that, it doesn't matter anyway. I don't have a wii, and I don't plan on getting one anytime soon.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't want it to be a pokemon massive because I want to move out of my computer chair sometime this decade. Also I want a pokemon massive. *droooooools*
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've got my hopes up for GSDS. Lately I've been feeling nostalgic for Johto, thinking about remaking my old team and stuff. And being able to catch my own Lugia and Ho-oh without playing the gamecube games is a perk :D
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I'm hoping for a new gen, myself, though there are hints for it being Gold/Silver. :x
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I don't want a GSC remake, because they were, by far, my least fav gen. and we can catch like, most of Johto's pokes anyways in D/P/Pl. Fire Red / Leaf Green was made because Kanto pokémon weren't as easily catchable in R/S/E(Besides the obvious ones like Geodude, Zubat, Machop and Magikarp). And, I've already played it, I know what happens, and I didn't like it. Waaaaay too long. Waaaaay too useless HMs (oh, hai to u, Whirlpool)

(/opinion)

So, either a interesting sidegame, or the start of announcements of a 5th gen.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Whyyyyy haven't they made a new Pokemon Snap for the Wii yet? The controls would work perfectly. I still adore the N64 version and bought it on Virtual Console as soon as I could. I love it but it's sooo short. Battle Revolution sucks so hard, GIVE THE WII SOME POKEMON LOVE. Ranch doesn't count.

That said... I'd be really surprised if this announcement wasn't for GS remakes. The gold and silver party balls, the Johto starters' inexplicable participation in the new Arceus movie... There's been quite a few clues over the past few months. I'm excited, Gold is still one of my absolute favourite games, Pokemon or otherwise, and Ho-oh is my favourite legendary by far. I just hope they don't do something stupid like release it exclusively for the DSi. (Not that I'm not planning on getting one anyway but... still. That would be kind of irritating.)

BUT SERIOUSLY. WII POKEMON SNAP. GET ON THAT.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

You know, I never thought of the possibilities of a Wii version of Pokemon Snap but... dear god, that'd be the ultimate in AWESOME for me. So awesome.

I am hoping for a G/S remake myself, however :3 I didn't start playing Pokemon until 3rd gen, and even then I started after all the games were released (all of them - R/S/E and FR/LG.. probably quite a bit after too), so I've never gotten to play through Gold and Silver :3 My only beef is I really don't like about 75% of the Pokemon from the G/S/C dex, but I can live with that xD I'm not really ready for Gen 5 yet, and I have a feeling that's not what this is, since Gen 4 is hardly over, IMHO.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Looks like G/S remakes have been confirmed - HeartGold and SoulSilver apparently.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/game/g090508_01.html
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

Yeah, it's on the official JP Pokemon site, too.

I was hoping for something different, but I'm still happy. I can't wait to see what they include in this one. Someone I was talking to said that there might be some new breeding mechanics. And a way to individualize pokemon, like Pikachu with a notched ear or something.
Varicolored on Subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Individualization would probably make me buy new-Silver straight off. (I dislike gold in general.) Think they'd remake Crystal at some point?
Image Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I was hoping they would be called sun gold and moon sliver, like the song, but I'm happy as a shellder that they're being released!
Mayhem

Post by Mayhem »

AngharadTy wrote:Think they'd remake Crystal at some point?
I doubt it. They didn't remake Yellow.
Varicolored on Subeta
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. But I liked Crystal a lot. Pout.
Image Image