MapleStory

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
PennyLane

Re: MapleStory

Post by PennyLane »

I messed up my bishop by putting a bunch of ap points into MP when I was starting out. Potions were expensive so I'd sit in my relaxer to fill up my mp and figured if I had more mp I could train longer. My bishop also has the regular amount of luk that a mage needs to equip items. So she's weaker than other bishops but I still had a lot of fun playing on her before I made my dark knight. =) Just put everything into strength from now on and who knows one day you might be happy you have all that dex. Just last week I was annoyed that I was lacking a few dex points needed to equip a certain pair of gloves.

I did notice you log on last night on knitterbone and I said hi....but it looked like you logged off right away! If I catch you on again I'll send you a chat invite or something if buddy chat doesn't get your attention haha. If it weren't for my guild I would ignore the chat box too....so many people spamming nonsense with megaphones.

Those random tickets are pretty fun. I used them for a day and got some new looks that I liked, but didn't feel like me. Once I got one that had my normal eyes, skin color, and hair color I used a VIP ticket to get my regular hair back. I like changing my hair style a lot but I always keep everything else the same, including the color. I actually have a guildie who is holding a Nexon sponsored contest for the worst look on his blog (http://mapletimes.tk/) Top 5 ugliest win 5k maple points =D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Haha! Yeah, I have gotten some bizarre looks out of the tickets. That contest is really great. I did take screenshots of some of the ones that made me do spittakes. The number of times it paired purple hair with green skin was actually interesting--I kinda liked all the girl-Hulk looks I sported briefly. ;)

What do you do to get, e.g., dex on equipment? Some guides say to get a stat to X and then stop raising it and just use stat-boosting equipment from then. But even the hidden potential items I see only have a couple stat points on them.

And sorry about missing your message. Not intentional at all! I was just using her to do some stash-juggling (made her a miner so I took the ores I had on another character and gave them to her). Mostly yesterday I played the dual blade character I have because I was so addicted to the beauty coupons. I wanted to see everything!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Well, with the hidden potential items the stats get better depending on the rank of the item. You probably see (rare) on most of your items that you used magnifying glasses on. If you use the cubes in the cash shop to reset the lines then your item has a chance to move up a rank to epic, and then unique. Higher ranks have better stats. Also higher leveled items get better stats. People like getting the % stats on their equips.

I have dex because I have equips like a scarlion helmet (like a zakum helmet) that adds 15 to each stat, and a horn tail pendant that adds 22 to each stat. Then I have equips that add things like 9% to all stats. Warriors also just got a new 2nd job skill in the Ascension patch that adds 30 to str and dex when maxed.

Here is that money making guide I mentioned to you: http://www.basilmarket.com/MapleStory-G ... y-199.html
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

One interesting thing I've discovered--the thing where I get disconnected "for the hack reason" is because I use my skill Body Pressure, which enables "body attacks," meaning things take damage when they touch me (it's nice to pay monsters back for that!). It's a great skill; it can do as much damage as my second attack (which is decent and kills mobs a few levels below me). But I guess using a skill that lets me kill things without any effort is hacking. I have to be careful when I turn it on, because it seems like having it on and then walking into another room and killing something by accident is, you know, totally hacking the game.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

That skill used to be soooooo good for leeching tiny warriors. If someone had a high level friend they would go to a map with monsters that give lots of exp and walk around bumping into everything. Then the high level friend would kill it all and they'd get lots of exp =D
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Do you know if any of the PQs can be done with just two people? I finally coerced my husband into trying Maple again and we both have brand new baby cygnus knights. It'll be easier to prove it's worthwhile if we don't have to ask a random third to join us, hehe.

(Of course, though, as soon as I convince him to see what Maple is like for himself, the servers are crashing like clockwork every half hour. This is terrible.)
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

All PQs need at least 3 people except for the mu lung dojo, which can be done with 1-6 people. That's the thing where you fight all the bosses one after the other. I can PQ with you sometime, I have a bunch of characters at different levels =)

Cygnus Knights are kinda bad for a main character. They're fun, but their max level is only 120 so you can't really kill bosses or anything on them. =( Most people only level them to 120 for the attack boost they give other characters on the account (1 extra attack for every 5 levels the cygnus gains). Also you need a level 120 cygnus to make an Ultimate Adventurer. I don't know much about those..only that they start out at level 50 and they can equip things 10 levels earlier...like they can equip a level 80 sword at level 70. They really are fun, I like PQing on mine, but he might get frustrated if he levels it to 120, which you see isn't that hard to do these days, and finds out that he can't do much with the character.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I'll befriend you with my wee wind archer, once I can get online again. Her name is Opalesce (I've started just stealing my Subeta pet names for games like this, heh).
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Nice name! I once named one of my maple characters after a neopet I snagged from the pound =)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

What is with Maple lately? I only ran into that awful lag the one time, playing alone, but every single time I convince my husband it's MapleTime, it suddenly becomes unplayable. Every. Single. Time. And only one time playing alone. What the hell is this. It's harder every time to convince him to give it another chance!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

The lag has been sooo bad at times lately. Before the Ascension patch they took the game down for a few hours to "update the servers" so I think something must have gone wrong with that.

Looks like they're fixing the lag and dc problems now with this 12 hour server check!
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

http://maplestory.nexon.net/News/News.a ... ageIndex=1

The monster familiar thing sounds fun =)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Sounds like a lot of interesting stuff!
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

This sounds like it's worth checking out. Maple broke the camel's back for me again when they erased all my quests (pretty much the main reason I played), and the connectivity/Windows 7 issues never seem to be resolved. But I'll go back for a while just to have a cute monster by my side. Which are the smallest and largest familiars available, I wonder? And what about monsters like Nependeath that normally can't move around? Hmm.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I read that right now only level 70 and under monsters can be caught as familiars. Last night I managed to catch 3 pretty easily...they don't do much but they are cute =) I'm not sure if Neps can be caught...but when maple goes back up after this server check in an hour I can look into that for you! What server do you play on?