MapleStory

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Re: MapleStory

Post by Griffin »

I'm on Broa with all the cool NCers. My main character is Kassiel. And after installing and uninstalling and reinstalling and wrestling with my browser I just got the game to open. >: I'm in Orbis with a million quests to redo... blah.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Did *all* your quests get wiped? At least you could do the really worthwhile ones again! I got a scroll worth ~10m on one of my little alts a couple days ago and rubbed my hands together in glee.
Image Image
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Not all of them, but enough to drive me crazy. There are many beginner quests I must've done over 10 times by now, and then there's BS ones like Arwen's glass shoe, killing a zillion drum bunnies and aliens and oh god, the jump quests. I don't care how much the rewards have been increased, those quests were painful. Before the big bang I had all this crap done and I was proud of that. :c I really only play for quests. And cuteness.
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

http://maplesushi.wordpress.com/2009/10 ... ga-quests/

scarlion quest line =)

If you like quests, do you like party quests? Party quests got SO MUCH BETTER. Lots of exp from those now!
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Does anyone know where I can go to get a price check? I looked around Basil Market but I'm not sure of the appropriate place to ask. I'm trying to find out the worth of a Maple Claw and Maple Crossbow.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I use Basil Market to price my things. When you do find out what a maple claw is worth, let me know? My husband's character is a dexless thief so he's hard up for weapons other than the maple ones, and I wouldn't mind buying him one.

That said, the game crashed, so I'm gonna see if I can figure out dinner!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Ty I have a level 64 maple claw your husband can have.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I told Derek what you said and he went "aw!" Someday I am gonna be big enough to have worthwhile things to offer in return!
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

I'm tired of channels crashing @@ So jealous of your chair though =D

And don't worry, I find stuff and throw it on mules hoping someday it'll be useful to someone lol

Oops I forgot to post this info before. I checked in my monster book. Only monsters up to level 70 drop familiar cards, and not all monsters in that level range do, including neps. =( If you have a monster's card in your codex you can check it's drop list to see if there is a familar card on it.
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Last night I discovered that familiars are godly. I don't know how useful it is to higher levels (I'm only 58), but having a Jr. Boogie summoned makes it so I can spam lightning or teleport and my MP keeps going back up to max! Then I got an Octopus which recovers both HP and MP just as effectively. It's like I don't even need potions anymore. I just wish they didn't disappear every time you change channel, go into the cash shop, etc. and you can't get it back until its extremely vague vitality orbs refill.

There's a full list of familiars and their effects here. It looks like even bosses have familiar cards, but they're probably not available yet. I can't imagine someone dragging a Papulatus around...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Ooh, thanks for the list! Finding one I like can be my new goal. I've gotten a couple of various sorts just from regular questing. And the pumpkin from halloween, which is just cute.

Question: is there a level limit for using familiars or can I give ones I don't need to my little characters?

edit: Raco "increases STR while summoned" all right--by 2 points. That was worth the two hours it took to find it. (Although I got a water thief first because I like them. That made it more worthwhile.) Do more cards make the bonuses better? Cause uhhh 2 points, pff.
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Oh wow, I didn't know familiars could be so great. I have a few but only got them for the fun of having a werewolf follow me around =D And yeah, my werewolf is supposed to raise my STR by "a large amount" and I get a whole 4 from it lol. More cards do make the bonuses better but I don't know by how much.

Pap does have a familiar card, of it's second form =) Which is smaller than first form pap but still sounds fun to have. I've killed a few pap but no luck yet.

Thanks so much for that link, much easier than flipping through my monster book =)
Griffin

Post by Griffin »

Yeah, it looks like the stat bonus ones aren't so great. I got a Royal Fairy, which is pretty, but +2 INT isn't a worthy substitute for constant HP/MP recovery :p

Something I've been putting off: should I cap my LUK? It's 60ish right now. I like wearing regular armor and hate Zakum Helmets and bathrobes with a passion. But I think I'm going to be sad if my damage is gimpy compared to others.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I wasn't able to do the jump quest before Zakum, so Pennylane rustled up a group to fight Targa and Scarlion. Those helmets are awesome! I laugh at my hat every time I log in. If you guys do that fight and need another hand, let me know (I should be working a ton this week but I can schedule a playdate!).
Image Image
PennyLane

Post by PennyLane »

Honestly, your damage is going to be lower than others unless you buy tons and tons and tons of cubes for your equips. Cubes are nice and all but when there are people around who will buy them until they have 18% stats on all of their equips, you're going to do less damage. I am dexless and have used cubes on my stuff and my damage is a lot lower than other people's because I get decent stats on them and decide on being happy with that instead of risking losing it to try for something better. Nexon really loooooooves making money. @@

So you may as well add the LUK and be happy looking at your equips =)

And yes, when you get to 90 we can definitely do a scarion/targa run to get you a helm!

Can either of you get on maple today? Like a ton of people I haven't been able to since last night. For some reason they blocked a lot of ISPs and haven't fixed things yet.