Pokemon HG/SS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Pokemon HG/SS

Post by AngharadTy »

I did a wifi Battle Frontier session with Topher and it was very fun!

But I can't do it with Platinum. Even though I should be able to. I've beaten that game and then some--but the option isn't on the list in the wifi plaza. Does anyone know whyyyyy? =(

(I thought maybe it was because I had Mew on my team, but I exited and deposited and came back, and still no.)

I also wish there were a way to simply view someone else battling, if you're all in the wifi plaza. But apparently there's not, unless I'm missing something. Right now I feel very confused, so I might be missing a lot. Who knows. ;P
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Worth double posting:

Right now until May 5 you can use the Mystery Gift to get a special Pikachu-ful area to use in your Pokewalker. You can get Pikachu with surf and fly there, if you walk a lot and are lucky! So definitely pick this up soon.

I hear it works in Canada, Europe, and Australia, too. Sweet!

Bulbapedia's page on the Yellow Forest
Image Image
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I got a Light Ball and a Thunderstone from the Yellow Forest so yeah. Worthwhile. :)
Faun

Post by Faun »

The heartgold game That we ordered for my birthday still hasnt come. Hopefully tomorrow. I cant wait to play it.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Tiki
Human Avatar: 8869

Post by Tiki »

I've been so slow with finishing the second half of the game. I think I just don't want it to end, LOL! Still 2 more badges in Kanto, and then I suppose I'll start breeding pokemon and raising them to level 50 with the best "natural" moveset they can have, since I can't trade dozens of TMs.

And here's my team, just for fun. Tropius is off to the side because he's just the HM slave.
Faun

Post by Faun »

MY GAME HAS COME AND I LOVE IT! Im only on bugsy, but this game is awesome. Ive got the guide book thingy, which is pretty useful. :3
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Omg, I loved how hard Red was to beat in this game. + the upgraded Elite Four.

What is there to do after you beat Red? Get a starter from Prof Oak, catch some legendaries?
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm saving up all my extra events (Gizamimi Pichu, Arceus, etc) until after I beat Red. There's always the battle frontier too. And the Pokeathlon, Pokedex... I'm not going to run out of things to do anytime soon. Still haven't beaten Red though...
Madge

Post by Madge »

I've decided I'm gonna replace my Meganium with a Scizor. It's just really bloody hard to train up pokemon when the super elite 4, since I can only beat 2 of their pokemon at any one time :(
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Yeah, the super elite 4 threw me off at first, I had to train against gym leader rematches and I'm still not sure I can beat them consistently yet.

Also, here is a Snorlax bento:
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Hah! That's great!! :D :D Too cute to eat.

How do you get gym leader rematches? Do you just go talk to them again?
Larkspurlane @ neo
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

You have to find them outside the gyms on specific days, Bulbapedia's got a nice list of when: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokegear
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Thank you Joey!

I just got back from a road trip & I wasn't driving so I tried my hand at EV training for 8 hrs straight. Blissey was my guineapig and thus far it seems to have been a failure (she's level 70+) -- when do you start seeing the results of EV training?

I was trying to follow the first build here: http://www.arkeis.com/cf_blissey.htm and um. Those 252 def EVs? WHERE ARE THEY? She's still at like 80 in defence. Unless they start popping up closer to level 100.
Larkspurlane @ neo
Crystalame

Post by Crystalame »

You really don't see the Def EVs on Blissey. Her total max defense, with a positive nature, max EVs and max IVs is 130.

Also, you should probably go to Smogon for things like that.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

http://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/blissey

I like a graphical representation of stats. Look at that defense bar. It's very sad. But the sp def! She's for using against special sweepers.

I also second Smogon for guides to movesets and the like. I only recently heard about the site, but it's gold.
Image Image