Pokemon HG/SS

For posting threads about MMOs, console games, other virtual pet sites, gaming news and suchlike.
Aqua

Pokemon HG/SS

Post by Aqua »

For some reason I thought there might be a topic on these games already and was surprised to see there wasn't. D:

Apparently HeartGold and SoulSilver have leaked early, as serebii.net and pokebeach.com have both gotten ahold of the game and have been posting updates/spoilers relating to them.

The sprites have also been ripped and can be found here: http://veekun.com/forum/thread/919

I've found myself getting more excited over the game and will probably preorder it when it's announced for North America..
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Pokemon HG/SS

Post by Joey »

I've been excited about this like crazy, but I've been avoiding spoilers too. I know they've said it'll be out around spring here, I'll be getting gold.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

I've been reading all the spoilers. *bad* I know not everyone does so I didn't post one thing I was going to in the first post.

I'll probably go for silver, as my original game was on silver (though I have gold as well).
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I'll be getting Silver, because I like Lugia? XD I never played the original Gold and Silver (I didn't start playing Pokemon til R/S/E, and even then it wasn't until they were out for several years!) - so I'm just excited for what will be a new game for me xD Lindsey is nice and let me pick which one I wanted, since she's played the originals, and like I said, I uh... want Silver cause Lugia seems to be associated with that game. Awesome logic is awesome.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Well I figure the spoilers can't be that bad, cause it's a remake and all, but I figure it would be nice to go back and have that discovery of new stuff like back when I first played. Though I've also already been spoiled on a couple of things already.

My original was gold, but it died a corrupted battery dying death a couple years back. My crystal just got corrupted, it may still work. But my silver is still good! It has all my awesome pokes that I had saved from gold before it died completely. Including my team that was named for Nsync. :DD
Kari

Post by Kari »

Definitely getting Silver whenever it's released in the US. Both of my old Silver carts have died, and my Gold cart is close to dying.
derp
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

I'm so insanely excited over these games, even though I'll still be holding out for the UK release. xD I was originally planning on getting Silver to replace my old (dead) one, but now I'm leaning towards Gold, for no other reason than it has Ho-oh on the front. Just waiting to see the version exclusives before I decide 100%.

I've also found I enjoy it more when I know every little aspect of the games so I'm following spoilers like mad. The sprites weren't ripped last night, and I like most of them although I'm a little disappointed that they didn't the Hoenn/Sinnoh ones. I know they didn't in Emerald/Platinum (for the Kanto/Johto lot) but I was still hoping. The news that the following Pokemon can be shiny is also fun. I'm so going to trade everything from Diamond and Platinum to my copy and make it my main game.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I can't wait until these games come out in the US. Well, I can, but I don't want to. As things stand now, I'm planning to get the silver version because I like lugia more than ho-oh. But I'll probably check version exclusives before I make a [more] final decision.

But, yay for non-ugly pidgey sprites!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ooh, I will probably get Silver. Unless there's a new Pokémon I REALLY prefer in one or the other, I go for the "cartridge color" I like the best.

And thanks for the link. I'm only really interested in the images.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I think I'm definitely going Gold cause I want an Arcanine so badly. I might have to do some trading cause I want a Umbreon as well as an Jolteon, and seeing as you can only get one Eevee...Yeah, I'm in a tight spot. P=

Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone willing to trade because I'm new to the whole Pokemon gaming world (I only watched the show and collected the figurines). xD
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

There's quite a few of us here who'll happily trade with you, when you have a game and all. ^_^

And you can usually reset until you get a female Eevee, and breed her to get all the Eevee you may wish for. I've done that a few times now!
Image Image
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Oh yeah I forgot you could breed! xD
Well, I'll just wait and see. I'll figure it all out in the end. Thank you. ^.^
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Pokemon Silver was my favourite game ever, I played it insanely for so long. I'll definitely be getting SoulSilver as soon as it finally comes out down here. I saw it for sale in Japan everywhere recently and was so jealous.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm looking forward to SoulSilver too :D

Silver was when I really got into pokemon (though it was my brother's copy haha). The american release date is on my birthday and I'm hoping that Gametraders will get american copies like they did for D/P.

I will also get a ROM so if anyone wants hax0red pokemon I'll be able to provide them :).
Faun

Post by Faun »

Im probably getting heartgold because I just like the name. :)
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter