Atebus Revolution Masquerade

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Atebus Revolution Masquerade

Post by AngharadTy »

Kamil wrote:
Marah wrote:Wait what, there were achievements for the invitations?
Yeah, for what seemed, to me anyway, about five minutes. x.x

I went to bed, having used a few, and saved a few, in case they became important later, and when I came home from work the next afternoon, there was a ping from #collectors, with a post that there was now an achievement for dancing with each NPC, but also an edited in warning that now that the dance floor was dark, the achievements weren't working.

The new invites aren't giving them, and I've tested a couple of the old ones, and they don't give them either. They just bitch at you for waiting too long. >.>
I've been watching the achievements list, waiting for just such a thing. It never showed up on the "newest" section or the masquerade section.
Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

That's strange, I danced with all the npcs the first go around before it went dark and didn't get any achievements, and there isn't one one the achievements page either. Was the whole achievement taken down maybe?
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

AngharadTy wrote: I've been watching the achievements list, waiting for just such a thing. It never showed up on the "newest" section or the masquerade section.
I went back and looked at the thread I was pinged to and it looks like the achievement was taken down at some point.

I dunno, at least now I feel better about missing out on those achievements because of the pesky work thing. x.x
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm another one that thinks the drunken Anthony is adorable. I bet one of these times he'll end up throwing up on someone. **nods**

Here is some more gossip from the gossipers (as I started calling them XD).
Georgiana: “Did you see that fabulously unique mask Marcel had on tonight? It's a pity he didn't dance very much after the evening got started. I would have loved to have danced with him to discuss where he got it. Unfortunately he was retiring to an antechamber to rest his feet as I was going to ask. Such a shame.”
Abigail: “I think I feel worst for poor Jules. He comes here with the intention of repairing his relationship with his father, only to find out that his father adopted another son, and after getting upset about that and storming off, now he has to deal with his father being murdered before he ever got to cool off and make amends. That has to be a terrible situation. I wonder if he and Isaac can ever have a brotherly relationship at all, now.”
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
covet

Post by covet »

Oooh my first dance with Anthony.

Anthony: “I don't know why people keep inshishting that Adriette offed Vernon. Not only doesh she not have the strength, but it alsho makes no shense. Why kill him before she won him over and-- *hic!*-- married him for the money?”
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Two new bag-like items have found their way in to the Steamworks Menagerie.
Oh seriously, they keep adding things, which is nice but I will never be able to dance enough!

Generally speaking, how long does the masquerade usually go on for?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I hope the sets in the bags have themed names. It's always such a pain when they're all different, both for previewing and actually finding in the wardrobe, hehe.

Although I think one set is "sky captain"--but there's no such thing in the wardrobes "all clothing" option. I know we're all grabby and want new items, but if getting them a day later means they work right when they're released, I'm fiiiiiine with that.

edit: Haha. Yeah, I called the pain of completely unrelated item names for the other bag. Yayyyy. (Not that they're not cute items--they totally are, although I haven't seen the wearables--but trying to wear it as a set is annoying, tracking down all those things one at a time.)
Image Image
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

http://www.subeta.net/explore/masquerad ... ser=158026 I may as well add my link (which I had forgotten to do earlier, bwahah). Although I have enjoyed sending out requests to dance! Especially now with the new bag items, yesssh. I'm sure the clothes look amazing.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Whee, new plot steps! I'm excited this is actually a plot!
Spoiler: open/close
Head to the North Antechamber and click on the curtains on the back wall. Make sure you have the key (you get to keep the key, you'll need it to unlock the room each time you leave and come back) you picked from Vernon's body in your inventory and click on the keyhole. That opens up a passage to Vernon's study, which has many places to click. So far I haven't found anything and there is a time limit as to how often you can look, but I don't know how long the wait is.

I haven't found anything in the other rooms. Vernon's body is now covered by a sheet in the south chamber and Marcel's office doesn't seem to have anything clickable at the moment.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I'm not sure if it's going to be different for everyone or not, but maybe we could start a list of the places we've checked? For example, I clicked the portrait (I'm assuming of his wife?) and found nothing. Now I'm just waiting.

Kudos to the artist who''s been doing the office/chamber/room images! They're gorgeous. I've actually been sort of disappointed with the menagerie's new items this year (not because they're not well-drawn, they are, they just haven't appealed to me personally so far) but the character and setting art pieces have been consistently amazing.

Edit: I just tried the papers on the floor and nothing there either, for me. I wasn't really paying attention to the time but I'm sure the wait was less than ten minutes.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

The theory at the moment is that it's different for each user, as some people have gotten Vernon's papers from the trash can mess but others (including me) haven't.
If you notice in the url, each area is labeled (1-13) so I've just been going in numerical order. One 9 now and still nothing for me :(
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Thanks for that 1-13 hint, Seerow; I think I'll just go down the line as well because I keep losing track of what I have and haven't clicked on. xD Though I know for certain I've tried the blueprints and the trashbin without getting that timer warning and found nada from each.

In other news, I LOVE the new clothing sets.

ETA: Woo! Found a
journal page in the stack of books on his desk!
Here's what it says:
It is for her own good, hopefully she will soon see that. She is young, so she will have many other opportunities. In a way, I would not mind allowing this to play out, but it seems cruel to do that to her.
Zekumi

Post by Zekumi »

^
That's exactly where and what I found as well. :3

Seeing as mine was a 2, I'm thinking it's safe to assume there's also a 1? The only thing is that I'm fairly certain I've already clicked everything clickable in that room and in the rest of the rooms a least once. Not sure where else to go/what to try next. P:
Red Mask Corgi

Post by Red Mask Corgi »

I found Journal Page 1 after clicking on the blue prints, which I think is 7? It says:
It has been several weeks since the mishap, and I am confident now that it was a freak occurrence. In fact, I am so confident, I have decided to make my announcement at the annual Masquerade. I simply cannot wait to share this discovery with everyone!
And after clicking on 3, I found some sort of toy. I was expecting more pages so I was a little surprised. But I'm finding this very exciting :3 I wonder if the locations of whatever is hidden changes each time you visit the page? Or does it just depend on the user?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I got a ballroom property manager note.
Mr. Yun, I am writing to you again to express my concern over the faulty lighting in the grand ballroom. I apologize for bringing this to your attention again, however despite going to Miss Victoria as you had suggested, the problem has not been fixed to my personal satisfaction. I am uncertain of her focus in her job as of late, and I get the impression she simply does not care. It might not be my place to say so, but perhaps you should have a talk with her about her performance.