Blake Steele Excavation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Blake Steele Excavation

Post by AngharadTy »

Subeta has some stuff going on! No one seems to want to make a topic, though. Including me. I'm so laaaaazy. The things I do for you people.

Excavation time!

You can dig every few minutes--it's quite often--and get some cute items. There's some stone ruins being slowly uncovered.

Thoughts? Yay? Boo? So far I'm really interested! The art is good, I wanted some of the new things for pet treasures, and I'm really curious to find out what'll happen next. The only thing I don't like is Blake Steele's revamp.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Re: Blake Steele Excavation

Post by bonecrivain »

Blake Steele's revamp AND his awful plushie. I'm enjoying the plot(?) so far, though, and am looking forward to seeing what's behind the door, and what other items pop up in the sand. I've been getting a lot of "whoops, nothing here!" messages for most of today, but hopefully I'll find some compressed sand stones soon so I can make the three rock creatures.

There's a thread about it in the forums, keeping track of what's been found so far.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I was going to make a thread about this but I was lazy too. :p Thank you Ty!

I'm quiet excited about this too. I'm enjoying the digging and getting random items. The items are so pretty and I can use a couple for TCs and some for just holding onto. The sacred sand is my favorite item so far. It's so pretty. I'm so hoarding it! I also quiet like the little minions you can make. I was super lucky and got each item needed to make the cute frog minion. :3
I'm really curious to see what this unfolds too. I just hope it unfolds before I'm gone to the cottage next week. Doubt it will but one can be hopeful.
I also don't mind Blake Steele revamp. I actual like it. ^-^; I think it's his square, manly chin.
I'm also greatly enjoying the random banners for the event, they are so funny! XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I'm hoping there's a plot step somewhere that lets me "accidentally" clonk Blake in the face with my shovel. That seems likely, right? His is a mug that needs to be rearranged. He's like an amalgamation of all those dudes in highschool who called people "bro" regardless of their sex, and who could shotgun beers faster than they could spell their own names. He's running an excavation, so naturally he's wearing a clean white shirt.

...other than him, this seems interesting. I like the door (so far); it reminds me of Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, which is one of my all-time favorite games. I'm not really sure about the name (Sahera/Saheric? Jeez, that's creative. Maybe the next plot will be in the newly discovered Shmantarctica or Gramazon) but I guess that's a pretty minor gripe. I've already put away a few digging prizes for pet treasures, so that's a good sign. Although, exactly how many princesses live behind this door? I've dug up like 90 circlets and almost nothing else. I want that cute frog.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Ierosbats wrote:Maybe the next plot will be in the newly discovered Shmantarctica or Gramazon
*insert picture of owl that says "I lol'd"*

I'm liking the pretty new items we're digging up, except for the anklet - but that's only because I've dug up about several dozen of them now (it seems like) and I'm sick of seeing them. Anyway, the Compressed Sandstone is especially lovely! I hope to find enough of them to make each of the minions, put a couple in treasures, and have a small pile left over just to look at and admire. Even though its description comes off as kind of obnoxious:
Sometimes sand gets super compressed and all hard and stuff and then it makes A ROCK! No, my physics isn't flawed at all!
But...it's a sandstone. That...that's exactly how they're made. And I don't think you need physics to explain a rock, unless it's being thrown or something. No, it's... just basic geology. Which I thought everyone learned in elementary school. Is there some joke here that's going right over my head? Or should I repeat to myself, "It's just a show game, I should really just relax"?
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

yep...that plushie is rather obnoxious. However, I am excited about something new and interesting happening around Subeta. I'm not sure how much time I will be able to devote to this, but it intrigues me enough that I can pretty comfortably say I will spend more time than I should on it. Thank you for linking to the Subeta forum that gave a quick overview...I never would have ventured over to the boards on my own and the thread was actually rather helpful to me since I am coming in a couple days late on this. Oh...and yay!!! for new pretty items.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So the door has been cleared, and we can't dig anymore. Anyone have any spare vials? I only found 1 for all the digging I did and the price has shot up again...
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

So now that the chamber is open, there's a puzzle to do. It looks like there will be nine rooms to collect artifacts from to complete the mural. Right now, you can only get into Room 1.
Spoiler: open/close
You have to move the arms of the large statue to match the three smaller ones at its base. I originally thought that since the little statues are at three heights (kneeling, standing, leg up) they would correspond to the three possible arm levels, but this isn't the case. You just need all six arm positions to be represented somewhere on the statue, it doesn't matter if they match up across from each other. As in, the two arms in the prayer position, those don't have to be next to each other on any level, you just need each of those arms somewhere on the statue. I'm doing a terrible job of explaining this. I like the idea behind the puzzle, even if it's a little clumsy. The statue itself is beautiful, though. Well done, Artist.
They've also released some achievements. One of them went to the first 100 people to solve the arm puzzle. I think this is a great prize in theory, but as with every plot or event ever on Subeta, the site went down immediately (preceded by slowing to a crawl) so a lot of people are frustrated that they knew how to solve it, but couldn't actually do it. I have a feeling the first 100 people solved it before the site went down, but ehh, I can see why people are grumpy. The site going down right as you get excited to do something is frustrating, achievement or not. They keep bringing it back up pretty fast, though, so clearly they're doing the best they can.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Anyone know where the Draped Figure Plushie came from? I'm assuming from this plot step but it would have been nice if Subeta had let me know I got an item.

This step was fun and I'm excited to see what is in the other rooms! The art on all of this has been wonderful and I can't wait to see more. I hope the little key artifacts you get turn into items at some point, I love the one that you get for completing this puzzle.

Good plot so far Subeta =D And it's not just clicking floating items!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Keith

Post by Keith »

@Serrow - Prize for completing the puzzle!

@Ierosbats I know :( I was so excited because we'd started the event / had 1,000 people online for the past few days with almost no lag, but today crushed it, but I've got it back up and running and made some adjustments to the new servers that should keep it running smoothly :D! (i'm VERY HAPPY with the server changes over the past few days, I hope that it can continue being awsm)
Last edited by Keith on 25 Jul 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teera

Post by Teera »

Seerow, the plushie was one of the prizes from this first puzzle (you should have an Archaeology Kit, and an achievement as well!) I think the way the puzzle is set up makes it so there isn't any way to give you notifications, unfortunately.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I don't have the achievement though. I have the one for completing the step, but the "Arms Race" achievement is still greyed out.

Edit: Never mind. I get it now. Both were from the same achievement weren't they. Haha silly me. Usually achievements tell what prizes they give out but this one didn't.
Last edited by Seerow on 25 Jul 2011 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Teera is right, it's just a prize for completing the puzzle but there is no output saying that!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The Junior Archaeology Kit is amazing. I have never wanted more to make a geologist pet so I can use it for some pet treasures. So adorable.

The plushie, though, uhh. I dunno. It creeps me out. And not in the good way like with the Dr Who reference. It's like a creepy baby. Must hide from my sight forever. It can snuggle the Blake Steele plushie somewhere.
Image Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

That was kinda fun.

Took more more tries than I would've liked to get the correct positions, but whatever.

I've never really participated fully in a Subeta plot before. Hope it stays this fun.