Blake Steele Excavation

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Blake Steele Excavation

Post by Joey »

Ok, anyone have any quick battle advice for anyone who's never done it before? http://subeta.net/pets/Theremin has got my highest stats for some achievement thing or another, but I have no idea what weapons or strategies to use.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Seerow wrote:People might have shared tips but the whole answer wasn't put up until awhile later.
Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but I'm betting the tip-sharing happened with some of the first 100. Not that any of the achievements really matter to me - I'm always at work when they release the new steps, so I don't have a chance of getting them.

When I loaded the battle page, I had a sinking feeling that one of them would be Extremely Hard, but I'm glad to see that they're all super easy. Now to try to figure out the order...
Keith

Post by Keith »

bonecrivain wrote:
Seerow wrote:People might have shared tips but the whole answer wasn't put up until awhile later.
Maybe I'm just a skeptic, but I'm betting the tip-sharing happened with some of the first 100. Not that any of the achievements really matter to me - I'm always at work when they release the new steps, so I don't have a chance of getting them.

When I loaded the battle page, I had a sinking feeling that one of them would be Extremely Hard, but I'm glad to see that they're all super easy. Now to try to figure out the order...
We keep a really good eye on the people who are solving them for the achievements, and while I'm sure that a bundle of them are working together in a chat room, everyone has that opportunity. The first day was hard ot know because of the lag, but yesterday the achievement was literally going one by one, so people weren't getting it in groups.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Nix on my last post! I was able to plow my way through with some really awesome weapons I had laying around and some help from the awesome Jessi who made me invincible with grapefruit :D
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Very pretty artwork! I love the stone gryphon, of course, and the corresponding book. I'm also unreasonably amused that the chimera drops goat chops.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I was also amused that the chimera dropped goat chops. I had a hearty giggle on that one. :3 I also hope it would drop a goats head but the ram ended up doing that so I'm pleased.
I'm happy to see they are mixing it up, giving the avid battlers some loving. I was also glad that they made it easy so not so avid battlers had a crack at it. I was able to do it with my measly 38hp battle pet thanks to some semi good weapons. The One Ring and Clockwork Bomb were what got me through the battles. I was lucky that I found the first 3 of my order pretty fast. It was just the last 3 that gave me a bit of trouble. Then I collected all the special drops. They are all wonderful too! My favorite is the Baby Maera. It's so freaking cute and the description is just full of awwwness. :3
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

I was online when it was released, but the lag kept me from being able to get in the first 150. I tried really hard to battle through the lag for the first half hour or so - and was able to figure out the order of my first 3 - but then had to take my dog to class.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Despite making great strides to be here on time, I couldn't finish the puzzle #4 fast enough -_- it took most people a single minute to figure out. I'm a loser.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

Cyro...if you are a loser, I am one too. It took me a couple tries to get it right and I feel like an idiot. At least i got it done. I really like all the dropped items from step 3 as well. the goat hops will go right into Fu Fu Cuddly Poops treasure as soon as I obtain a few more spots for him...Meat!! and the wings for the HA look really nice. The Maera is adorable and I love books! Overall, the items will be put to good use by my pets and HA. Wonder what the new prize the water will do?
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

It took me a few minutes just to figure out what I was even supposed to be doing in the puzzle, but once I got it I finished pretty quickly. Didn't get to be one of the first, but I'm really not expecting it from any of these. It probably would have helped if I had found the directions before the puzzle...
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I got caught up.

The battling wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I had to buy a Malevolent Grimfruit, but nothing else. I just used it in combo with the Fireside Bow I had in my wardrobe.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Gumdrops, that Grimfruit/Fireside Bow combo was awesome. I was able to plow my way through the opponents thanks to that! :D I was even able to get all the drops, which I didn't think I'd be able to do because I don't bother to train my pets.

But, I'm all caught up and that makes me feel better. :)
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

So, I just came back after a two week absence. I am completely lost. :P

I didn't know where to start so I jumped straight into the puzzle rooms. I solved the statue puzzle easily enough but now I'm on that sliding block puzzle and I don't even know what I'm supposed to be creating with these blocks. Is there a guide somewhere that anyone can recommend?

Edit: Nevermind. Found a decent guide on the forums and finished that blasted puzzle. Now to go smash some statues. :)
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Blake Steele somehow managed to fill the right side of the room with an avalanche of sand after bombing a door on the left side of the room. Perhaps he's still a magician after all. Well, good news is that Sandstones and Vials are back in circulation, bad news is that I wanted to do a puzzle today and I may be gone tomorrow! I kinda selfishly hope the sand lasts for the weekend, though that's probably inconvenient for everyone except me. ;p
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Hahaha, while battling the winged goat, I got this:

"You slash your Antihero Sword at your opponent knowing you'll fight them again 5000 more times and have to save them on the last level..."

That just cracked me up. xD