Love Epidemic 2012

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Love Epidemic 2012

Post by AngharadTy »

So Subeta has a new set of infections you can get, and a plot you can start in with. Only a couple stages are out so far, but there is plot info in this forum thread: http://web1.subeta.net/forums/view/838431

There is disease info in this forum thread: http://web1.subeta.net/forums/view/837700

Any other relevant links will probably pop up on top of the news along with the icons currently there.

What do you all think? Personally, I've been miffed at a lot of the dialogue that "I" am forced to say, like talking about being a new zombie (pfft) and being insulting about using the z-word (I freaking love the z-word, deal with it, I get to say it if I am one). But I really like the new stuff in the underground today! As long as limb replacement won't somehow break my zombie self.
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Love Epidemic 2012

Post by Wingsrising »

So far for me this plot is consisting of clicking on the back room of the bake shop over and over again while never getting the last item I need to progress. So not very exciting so far.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I unwittingly avoided a zombie infection this year by keeping my Morostide skin over my boobitis infection, so my HA's looking unusually alive for the site right now. =P I get the impression that there are some unforeseen glitches going on in the background, because I wasn't expecting the plot to progress as slowly as it is, and based on some of Skitters' text I don't think that's what the staff was planning either.

I'm having fun with what's been released so far, at least. I got very lucky in the Bake Stop and found all the items I needed within half an hour, the new Underground areas are awesome, and talking to the NPCs was fun (even though I agree with Ty about some of the dialogue; I've been a zombie since 2009 damn it I know the roots by now).
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I think some of the stuff in the Underground looks very promising. I'll have to play around with the limb replacement area when I am no longer a zombie. The new crafting area also looks like it might be a little neat. Hopefully the place will stay open all year (and actually be linked someplace on site!) Maybe even a whole new Shadowglen map? I can dream.

I'm the rose this year and I rather like it, though I am very sad it is only 7 steps as opposed to 8 like all the others. The stomach doesn't really have anything on it and I would have liked to see the flower open up or be given more of a face. Just seems kinda unfinished to me.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I did finally get all the items in the Bake Shop. Horray!

Does anyone know if there are new flowers this year? The news hinted as much, but I can't find any lists anywhere.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

I was just wondering that myself. Subetalodge didn't have any on their new item list, and that is the extent of my knowledge.
Image Image
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Same here. I've been checking SubetaHQ, but nothing. There's nothing in the item directory building, either, which makes me wonder if maybe there really aren't any.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

The news post made me think there would be new flowers, too, but there are none so far. I guess they meant "old and last year's new."

Does anyone need help with the kissing achievement? My lips are free to help :-*
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'm still grumbling a bit about curing my zapper skin for nothing. I guess I just can't get how subeta, obviously wanting to communicate well, can do it so badly at some points. The same with anouncements about the site. They can be found in random threads on the forums, transcripts from meet ups, facebook, twitter and god-knows where else. The one place where you can't find the advanced information about what is coming, when things will be retiring etc, is in the news. Call me crazy, but that's where I would expect it to be?

That said. I like the new plot, haven't be able to get my hands on any of the new alchemy stuff yet (am not much of a restocker) so I hope we will get some of it as rewards for plot steps too or something. It certainly looks like fun.

I can't imagine Fantine as a zombie and I quite liked her art, so I'm not sure if I'm liking those changes very much. But I hope the puzzles keep coming and I will be happily kissing along.

I still need +/- 300 kisses. I think this is my link:
http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=506145

Anyone else needs kisses?
Marah

Post by Marah »

No replies at all? That's just sad...

Anyway, I got all my kisses, thanks for all the NC help! It was a smooching storm!
And since they won't do it themselves allow me to pimp out the two NC-ers that I know still need kisses:

http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=295848 (Invadergel)
http://subeta.net/kiss.php?user=36334 (Sekhmet)

If anyone still needs them please post your link, because I can always use more kissing victims to give 1000 kisses to!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Close Marah tab, open two new tabs. I'm pretty bad at remembering to refresh, though, hehe.

This plot is making me like Skitters less, and that is something I never wanted to happen.
Image Image
Marah

Post by Marah »

Oh, I have the same thing with refreshing. Mostly when I'm busy in another browser. But I'm trying!

And why do you like Skitters less? Is it because he is trying to solve the problems with his girlfriend through a third person? ;) Bad communication in a relationship.
Zombies aren't my thing, but I'm fine with the plot. Allthough I don't try to think too much about the fantine and Skitters couple. With that tongue hanging out of the side of his face I can't imagine how they would ever get... cosy. It reminds me of that picture somewhere on the internet about the couple trying to french kiss each other through the piercing holes under their mouths.
I have no problems with piercings big or small, bit sticking other parts of your body through it just makes me go ick. (And now my mind went there...)

Anyway: plot! I like that we get an item which each achievement. It always feels like a little present for getting that achievement. They should do that more with normal achievements. More pretty things!
I also hope the underground gets a place on the shadowglen map when we are done.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

It's the dialogue that bothers me the most. Skitters was awesome when he lurked around his zombie shop and yelled all the time. When he types "lol" and "lmao" ... not so much. His dialogue is getting increasingly frustrating, and I hate nearly everything that I am apparently "choosing" to say. "Help a sister out"? Awkward gangster impressions? Weird inconsistencies in all the interactions? This entire plot reads like very bad, very self-satisfied fan fiction. I think the ideas are interesting, and I like the characters (although I liked them more before they started talking...). The new zombie shopkeepers have good art, and I actually really liked the dialogue for the hungry one. His side of the dialogue, that is, because it was snarky and funny. My side was simply obnoxious.

It's frustrating because this is the plot that last year's was building up to, so they've had a full year to plan all this out. I like that there's more diversity in the plot steps - searching for things, checking out shopkeepers, playing that horrible bug smashing game - but once again, the ideas seem better than the delivery. The chatspeak was awful and completely unnecessary.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

What Bon said. It was amusing at first that Skitters writes beautifully, but it started bugging me because... well, when you use terrible syntax in speech, why should your handwritten notes flow so much better? Plus, wasn't his love poetry last year written with the same voice he speaks in? And then you get to the chatspeak--I am out, yo.

edit: I found the poem he wrote last year; it wasn't all-caps Skitters-speak, it was regular poetry. Well, a bit emo. I guess I just would much prefer it if Skitters yelled at me all the time. It's not like I don't understand him. (Uhh... except for "sku-aye." It took me years to figure out he was saying "sky." I still think that one is terrible.)
Image Image
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

A staff member said that Skitters talks like that because he is missing part of his jaw, and that he types chatspeak because he only has three finger-claws. But apparently he can write fine with them? I really liked Skitters better before I knew that - his whole personality seems to change drastically.

Anyway, I have found this plot less fun than last year's. Click click click. Go here, go there, click click click. Come back in two days. Yawn.

At first I was happy with all the new gross bakery stuff being released, then my Holiday Gallery wept. It's overwhelming. And all the Underground things make me think that I will have to stay a Zombie for a year in order to collect them. Bah.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.