Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

Post by Seerow »

I loved the Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH reference in the news post. I wish there had been a Frisby item though as one of the rewards. Still adorable prizes and a lot of them to boot. Nice little unexpected step.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

We're at Centropolis now.

I found all the answers to the quiz, hit submit, checked to make sure they were all correct, and Saggy told me I'm dumb. Uhhhh what. I submitted the same answers again and he said I passed. What. The. Fuck.
Image Image
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

I FOUND THE PIZZA PLANET TRUCK!

Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I was hoping for a blue building update, instead it doesn't seem to work anymore.

I find this map very confusing, how do you even get to the shops from the map?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I think the art for the new maps is beautiful, but I can't find a damn thing on any of them.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I was kinda hoping for a special prize for getting all the stamps for the book. Like a little toy cruise ship or a map of where all we went.

Centropolis is pretty but good lord finding anything is impossible. It's so so busy. Doesn't help that I'm not sure what is all even included in there. Anyone know where the Pawn Shop and Vending machine got to? I've never known a town to have such poor signage :(

Poor little Terracoons digging through the trash!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The artists plan to revisit the maps after the plot is over to make them easier to find things. Right now it was just a matter of getting them done for the plot. The Centropolis map had nearly every artist working at it, some for 12+ hours straight, so they all need a rest xD It is my favorite map so far though, I just adore it.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Seerow wrote:Centropolis is pretty but good lord finding anything is impossible. It's so so busy. Doesn't help that I'm not sure what is all even included in there. Anyone know where the Pawn Shop and Vending machine got to? I've never known a town to have such poor signage :(
The Pawn Shop and vending machine are in the Lower West Side. You can get there by clicking the subway stairs at the lower left of the map, right next to the terracoons digging through the trash. But agreed, I feel like I'll never get used to any of these maps.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I haven't had too much trouble finding things on the map, since hovering over different places pops up with the name. But I also wouldn't be surprised if this isn't working in some browsers, the way the site's been acting lately.

I have to ask though, is that an Escalade on an Escalade in front of the survivor memorial?
Rah

Post by Rah »

Joey - yes xD
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Wait? an escalade is a car? Now I get it! funny. :)
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

I spoke too soon, there are indeed prizes for getting all the stamps :D If you go back to the Ship then talk with the captain he'll give ya an achievement and tons of prizes. Like seriously! So many pretty new beanbags, stickers, and plushies. There's even a model ship (that is also a minion. Odd.)

Couple annoyances aside I think this was a great mini (not for the artists!) summer event. The new maps are gorgeous and I look forward to them being more navigational. Fleshing out Subeta's world is definitely a big bonus.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I don't think I missed out on anything because of Subeta's glitch that made me not get that last quiz right on my first attempt. Hope I'm not wrong there. Some good items, definitely. I'll be using a few in pet treasures.
Image Image