Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

Post by Joey »

Yay, Jessi saved me from the sticker shock of the stupid harp! She is the best ever :D

I tried a few battles, but even my strongest pet is still tier 1 so I didn't get very far. Knocked out the crab a bunch, since I can beat him even with my weak pets, and tried for the Jellyfish and knocked him down to about half HP before he killed me. Ah well, I got a funny hat out of the deal.

I also really wish the wardrobe would start working again.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Goldenchaos, you have to have all stats added up equaling 5400, which means that each stat is somewhere in the neighborhood of 1350. But I believe it's only the total that matters. Yes, being unable to use weapons bought with real money is a fuck of a thing for Subeta to do to users. No, nothin' to do but train, looks like.

What's the prize for beating the big guy? I haven't tried yet, but who knows if it'll go well. Can you freeze it? Heh.
Image Image
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I think you can freeze all of these opponents so far, Ty. Last guy dropped an Eelbit Image

Opponents are okay for me so far, but if there's more, I'm probably out of luck. Might have to beg to borrow some tier 10 weapons if it comes to that :c
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Once again, the difference between the easiest and second-easiest challengers is the difference between a one-hit victory and getting my ass kicked. There aren't even any freezers until Tier 4.

Edit: Hmm... After a slight weapons reshuffle, I find I'm nearer to victory than I thought. Anyone have a Phoenix Quill they wouldn't mind lending?
Edit again: Cape of Scales + Red Reign Staff of Lore eked me out four wins, but I'm still stuck on #5. I would like to state for the record that semi-breakables are officially fun vampires. Perhaps if the cape makes it past its first turn of use intact sometime in the next ten years...
Last edited by Foghawk on 04 Aug 2012 12:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm not sure I'll be able to squeeze out 5 wins against the new shark opponent. I've gotten 3 but I had 140 hps left and it was a long struggle. *Crosses fingers* The weapon he drops is apparently pretty good.

Edit:
You have defeated Bonesaw 5 times!

You won a(n) Extremely Hard token to use in the battle shop!

Bonesaw drops:
Pretty Big Tooth

Tome of Water

Ishka earned 1805 EXP Points!
You earned 9842 sP for beating Bonesaw!
Yay! I ended up buying a WellDweller Cuirass which blocks all water icons and heals and without it I never would have gotten those last two wins. It's tier 9, but if any of you guys need to borrow it let me know.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Why do the big ones always drop bone items? Sigh. Not sure I can do much with "only" a Tier 9 pet. Dunno when I'll even have time to try. These opponents had better stick around for a while.

edit: yep, I'm screwed. back to work.
Image Image
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Rats! Beating Moradon 10 times was no problem for my battle pet, but I can't beat Bonesaw even once. Of course he drops a creepy tooth item that would be perfect for my creepy dentist pet. Oh well. I'd rather not be able to beat him even once than only be able beat him four times or something.

I think most of my battle woes come from a lack of good scrolls. I have a Cobalt Eternal, but you can only use that once per battle, and after that I just rely on my Stalactite Star. I actually used my Ruby Heaven for the first time against Moradon because it blocks water and dark, but it's pretty niche. I guess I need to spend some time restocking at spells galore. The main reason I don't have more scrolls is because I'm too lazy to make them. 25 item recipe? Pffffff no time for that. Back to tumblr.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I'm fine with the battling, I think I'm doing better against more difficult opponents than I have in the past - plus all the challengers look really really cool. (Except for the crab, he's just cute XD) but I've been wanting the Siren Harp and Dagger for a pet's TC for some time now. But OF COURSE now that some are available for purchase, I don't have the sP on hand. Maybe if Saggi's nice to me I can afford at least the harp by the end of the weekend. Maybe. Assuming there's still any in stock by then. I hope I hope I hope.

The Harp and the Poisoned Blowdart are the only things in my tier, but I have no idea if the latter's any good. Can't find stats on it anywhere =\

Now that that's all out of my system...still though, I'm liking everything so far. Delphi especially. Art museum within walking distance of a beach, an aquarium, and a fair? I want to live there XD The shells you can sometimes win from the game are gorgeous. The new items that can be found in the Arctic Frost or dug up from the site in Scared Lands are pretty spiffy too. And so far I like where everything's being moved...it makes more sense now to say, have the Healer in the Sacred Lands close to the battling.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Rakumel, where is the healer located now? I've been all over the map but can't find it!

Edit:
Thanks Foghawk! Signs people, signs!
Last edited by Seerow on 04 Aug 2012 02:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Finally scraped by the jellyfish for the jam... by three hit points. That was aggravating.

The healer is the little white-and-gold dome just behind the souk, Seerow. Er, speaking of which, where is this new weapon shop exactly?

Edit: Ah, thanks. Not that it's much use to me, heh...
Last edited by Foghawk on 04 Aug 2012 02:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

You can get to it by going to the ship -> Gift Shop (door under the stairs) -> Link on top of page.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I was relieved to see I already have the harp, although I'm not sure how and when I got it!

I beat the crab and the jellyfish the requisite 5 times. Is there a prize for beating them more than 5 times?
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

The Healer's move stumped me for a bit, too. I eventually found her, but now the one I'm stuck on is the token exchange thing that used to be next to the wizard. How do I turn my tokens in? I know you can do them one by one, but is there still a way to mass add them? This is probably just me being clueless. I always feel like the Other Currencies link in the sidebar should give me that option, but it just links you to the wizard to do more quests. There's even a second building next to the wizard's house. Is that supposed to be the exchange?
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I just managed to eke out a fifth win against Bonesaw :D I attribute it to luck and Pylonics. None of my equipment was greater than tier 7, no godly stuff for sure.

I was a little disappointed that there were no battle achievements this time, but it's probably for the best. I can't stand it when I miss them.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

So the revamps of Darkside and Shadowglen have been released this week.

Shadowglen didn't really have anything new added to it except the thimble game. The only store there has been closed down and now Quentin gives out the stock from there. Interesting idea and I'm glad she asks for the holiday items now, however I can't see the prices on those staying low for too long. It will be interesting to see what happens in the near future with those her quests.

Darkside is a bit more exciting since the Crypts were brought back! With lovely new art too. I can't wait to explore deeper into the caves to see all the pretty new rooms. The Fragmentizer is there now, wasn't that on the beach before? Otherwise not much going on their either at the moment.

So excited more of Subeta is being fleshed. I never imagined Darkside as being giant volcano hills really so it's great to see it fleshed out!