Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Summer Event: Councilor's Cruise

Post by AngharadTy »

Did you have a good visit in Shadowglen? No, uh, Unliving trouble, I hope? Everyone seems pretty healthy, and I sincerely hope it stays that way.
I am very offended the he could say this to my face. Tsk.
Image Image
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Well, a new post because a new location: Riverside.

I love the trash floating around. Which is a weird thing to say. But it's a great idea to help people get recycle beast points.

I don't get the point of the nature walk, although it was kinda cute. The mechanic could be smoother (kinda hard to tell if you've marked something off already), but... cute? I like cute well enough, I suppose.

The bug catching game is... ehhh... I like the idea a lot, but there are some problems--some bugs you can't catch because they'll both get to the edge of your screen at the same time because of their different speeds, which I guess isn't a problem if you intend to make it so that the game will eventually cause you to lose. Which is possible. Also, I had three bugs just ignore my net, so... yay? That's nice?
Gregory wrote:WOAH, HOLD IT THERE! ARE YOU A SAFE DISTANCE AWAY? DO YOU HAVE AN APPROPRIATE BLAST SHIELD? DOES IT LOOK LIKE THIS TOUR IS A SAFE DISTANCE AWAY!? LET'S DO THIS PROPERLY SO WE DON'T END UP NEEDING TO SHOVEL THE WHOLE MINE OUT LIKE THAT MORON, STEELE!

Sorry, you've got to go! This is a dangerous area and I just don't have time to fool around.
You... you do realize we're on a ship. Right now. I can see you on the ship. The actual ship. That you are standing on. What the hell is happening here.
Image Image
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I also don't get the nature walk. It was nicely drawn, but why would I want to do that again?
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Just FYI: the menu appears to be glitched right now. I ordered everything but the dessert when Riverside opened up and I just got Darkside food. :/ I also had to go into Chrome to do the nature walk because the game was acting horribly buggy in Firefox. And like Ty, I missed a few bugs that I almost certainly should have caught in the other game.

...The new art is nice, though.

(I actually really like this plot overall, but this part is being unusually glitchy for me.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Subeta itself is also laggy as hell, although I will say it's doing pretty well for Subeta after a plot point release. But it's pretty shit compared to anything else on the internet, so that's where I'm going now. Less lag for the rest of you! ;)
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

That nature hike drove me up the wall. It's not working properly in opera, either.

And thanks for the warning about the food. I was just going to buy the new dishes, but I'll wait.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Actually, grelca just fixed the menu, so everything should be working correctly now. :) The reason I got Darkside food was because I ordered it in that 15 minute window where she was still updating the menu. :p
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

While I really like the free trash floating about (free points!), I would really, really, really like a "turn in all recyclable items" option. The way it's set up now I have to turn in items one item at a time and select the number of that item I want to turn it. It's tedious and annoying.

It's trash, just take all of it!
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

The quiz asks a questions pertaining to the nature walk.

Have Pete's quests been changed in any way? I did all of mine after 12 am, so I can't check it out.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Slugawoo wrote:While I really like the free trash floating about (free points!), I would really, really, really like a "turn in all recyclable items" option. The way it's set up now I have to turn in items one item at a time and select the number of that item I want to turn it. It's tedious and annoying.

It's trash, just take all of it!
A-freaking-men to this. Or at the very least, after turning in one type of item, have a link back to the page where you turn more items in, instead of only the main recycling page. The way it is right now is just needlessly complicated.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I really really really want to like the nature walk. The scenes were gorgeous, the idea was fun, and it could have been so awesome. Instead it is buggy as hell (chart not working in the slightest, "You already found this!" when you just clicked on something, not marking off what you've found) and there isn't any incentive to go back at all. Why not have a special minion or something follow you home after you complete it? Random stones, sticks, leaves, pine cones, etc found on the trails randomly while making your way though. The artist (Arbor?) did such a great job on the locations that it's a shame to see them used once by most users then never ventured onto again.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Alice did the art on the nature walk location itself, Seerow, and Illusion did the cards!

Ugh, it not working in Firefox was really frustrating, and I gave up and used Chrome myself. Grelca was TRYING so hard to debug it, but unfortunately she couldn't get her own copy of Firefox to duplicate the issue, so... that made it harder to fix. Really flustering though, I hate having to switch browsers for something!
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Yeah, the entire site being borked in Firefox has kind of put a damper on the event for me. I had to switch to Chrome, which doesn't have all my shiny conveniences set up yet. Like does anyone know how to get a Firefox style customizable search bar on the browser itself so I can do some questing again?

I'm actually looking forward to Veta Lake's upgrade, since I'm hoping for some more instruments to be added to the Music Shop.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Joey, this is what I use: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bggkegcanm

Once you've added the extension, just go to Tools-Extensions and then the Drag and Drop Search options. Clear all of the boxes, and in the first one put Subeta and the url: http://subeta.net/ushop.php?act=dosearc ... &itemname= and then save preferences.

Once it's set up, all you have to do is highlight whatever you want to search for and drag it up to the top left corner of your screen. Makes questing super, super fast.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Not sure if it's still having problems, as I did the step right after it was released, but adding the following to your CustomCSS allows you to do the trail without issues. It's not perfect, but it worked fine for me.

Code: Select all

#hike {overflow: visible;}
Subeta: Thomas