2012 NC Secret Santa - Sign-ups

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: 2012 NC Secret Santa - Sign-ups

Post by Marah »

I also want to thank my SS, I absolutely loved my presents and have a hard time choosing what new items to wear on my avatar. (Allready try to start a new one 3 times, so many choices!)

Luminaire on subeta also left my confused, tree presents came relatively late and then last years presents came again? But we got to keep them, so yay! Any one else got double gifts?

PS I also loved Officers pet Coulson. COULSON! I did not resist and bought some tree goodies because COULSON! Do you get a lot of mail about him Officer?
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

I was your SS, Marah, glad you liked your stuff! :D

I would like to thank mine, my Holiday Gallery is very happy now!
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Marah wrote: Any one else got double gifts?
I did. Subtracting those from the glitch, I only wound up with about 4 or 5 actual presents, despite what the tree looked like (another glitch that never got fixed). Sucks. Should have signed up for SS this year, but I didn't think I was going to have enough sP for it =\ Seems the tree glitch happened to a lot of people though, which made me mad. Still, good that people got to keep their duplicate presents.

Between those two glitches and the Essence of Melody one, this year was probably the least fun Lumineve I've ever had. If it weren't for the stuff I gave and the holiday challengers, I wouldn't have enjoyed it at all.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I was yours sunwolf, I guess we bought for each other :D

And I'm sorry to hear that Rakumel. With the tree glitch, did you mean that your tree had maximum amount of presents under it from day one. I had the same thing, it was weird! And what was the essence of melody glitch? (another glitch, jeebus, what did they do, put a scrambler to the code?)
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Thank you so much Griffin! Your gifts were so fantastic. :D All the books! The books! Books are so expensive, but I managed to get another AP for my battle pet and attach another scroll which is super. 8D And thank you for the amazing mix of wears! I've been having such HA block recently, but new items are perfect for inspiration. :D Some of those things have been on my wishlist for way too long!

I purchased for Joey this year! You have such a mix of stuff on your wishlists, heh, so I tried to send a dabble of everything!

And also a little thank you to everyone here who put something under my tree. :P I'm eternally awful at gifting in time and fail year on year despite my promises - so it's always nice to see people put up with my awfulness haha.
Subeta: Thomas
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Marah wrote:With the tree glitch, did you mean that your tree had maximum amount of presents under it from day one. I had the same thing, it was weird! And what was the essence of melody glitch? (another glitch, jeebus, what did they do, put a scrambler to the code?)
Yes, that's the tree glitch I was talking about. I didn't notice until a day after, but I assume it just showed me having a full set of presents from the get-go. That happened to some others too; if you had a tree up last year, apparently, you were prone to this particular glitch. A couple of friends of mine who joined the site this year didn't have that issue; theirs functioned normally. I never saw if this got fixed, but I hope it did. I mean, that's incredibly disappointing, to see that tree all full of presents, but only actually getting a few. That shouldn't happen to anyone.

So again, good thing that people who got duplicate presents were allowed to keep them. I think staff made the right call on that one.

The Essence of Melody Glitch I was talking about, the thread for it is right here. But basically, the way you were supposed to get the Essence was by visiting Melody from Dec. 1-25 consecutively. But some people who had missed a day were getting one (and the achievement) on the 26th. This wasn't how it was supposed to work, so an announcement was made in the news, people that had incorrectly received one were told to file a ticket in order to get the Essence deleted and their achievement removed.

I was one of those people. Got my ticket filed, got everything right again, which hey, sucks that I have to give up that Essence, but I'd rather do the right thing than get frozen for abusing a glitch. And I was okay with all this, until I got to reading the second page of that thread. A couple of users did some digging and apparently this same glitch happened last year too. On top of that, those users were allowed to keep their prizes - I assume because last year, they caught the error a lot more quickly than this time around.

But still, the fact remains that they've known about this glitch for at least a year, and apparently didn't fix it. That upset me more than having to give up something. And I don't think I'm ever totally going to be satisfied until I see staff confirmation that these glitches have in fact been fixed for good, so the users (and the staff members who answer tickets, and the programmers) don't have to go through all this again next year.

I'm sorry, I really should have found a better place to vent. I don't want to dump on everyone's parade here; it wasn't all bad. Someone did send me three VERY lovely gifts this morning; I don't know if it was one of y'all or not, but if it was, thank you! And while it's not really gift-related, I did manage to get some love from the zapper and now have a pretty experiment 2759 pet.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Thank you so much, Fullmetal Dragon! Once again, I loved everything. :mrgreen:
Marah wrote:PS I also loved Officers pet Coulson. COULSON! I did not resist and bought some tree goodies because COULSON! Do you get a lot of mail about him Officer?
Heh, I didn't realize he was that popular. The only mail I've gotten for him is from the user Charles, who lets me know when he has a new Avengers pet on his account so I can add them to Coulson's friend list. No one's ever asked for him or anything.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Thanks to all who left something under my Luminaire tree this year :) I totally forgot to give out gifts this time due to illness, I'll have to make up for that when I get a spare few mins ^^;
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I FORGOT TO SAY, I BOUGHT FOR GRIFFIN XD I think this is the second or third time I've bought for you, haha! But i love your wishlist, so it's okay [heart]