Which weekend quests are worth doing?

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Which weekend quests are worth doing?

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm curious: which weekend quests do people generally find worth doing? I've really only done the Wizard quests and the Saggitarius quests (only when they're the weekend quest, as I'm not really a big quester), but I don't know if there are some other good weekend quests I'm missing out on.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Which weekend quests are worth doing?

Post by Jessi »

I only do the wizard quests, haha - I don't even bother with Saggi at this point xD
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

The one this weekend, Cursed Quests, isn't terrible. Doesn't matter if you do Mori or Nori, as far as I can tell. It's not a huge money-maker, but I still got about 250k out of it today. If I could make that again tomorrow I'd be fairly satisfied. I spent up to 10k for one item, 25k for two items, and 40k for three items. I think the biggest reward I got from a three-item quest was about 70k?

I do the Library Quests only when they're special (and when Shinwa asks for them). You can profit from the regular ones, but only if you're lucky because book prices are a bit out of control. I'm too lazy to waste time on something that inconsistent. When they're the special quest, though, I think the chance of getting retired books as a reward increases. I have a few old books tucked away in my vault for the next Reading Drive that I won the last time the Library was the WQ.

Quentin gives out unique items when she's the WQ, but you always lose money doing her quests. Pass.

Pete, the drunk pirate guy, and Maleria aren't worth your time. Maleria is the worst. Her item pool is so small that everything inflates like crazy. Totally ruins Shinwa quests for a few days.

While we're talking about questing, does anyone here do Major Drills quests regularly? I was under the impression that all he gives out is his own garbage (the plugs, THE PLUGS) but I read in the Battle Chat today that he sometimes gives out cash shop items? Like stuff from costume trunks. Whaaa?
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

When I bother to do any quests (I tend to skip even weekend quests because I'm so lazy about it), I think Sag, Wiz, and Cursed Quests are worth it. I personally enjoy doing Pete's quests as well. Even on regular days, he's likely to give me something good. When I've gotten Subeautique items, they've come from him. Honestly, I think the Wiz is the one (of the above) that I'm least likely to do. I hate quests that depend on time, plus, I have about a bazillion tokens as it is and I don't often vend. I hate having a shop full of stuff and it seems like things just don't sell like they used to.

I agree that Maleria isn't worth it because those items inflate all to hell. Drunk Carl sucks as does Quentin. I only do Library quests if Shinwa asks me to.

Majority of the time, you get junk from Major Drills but every so often I have gotten like, old donation items and the like from him. I hoard those items though (the ear plugs at least) because the Recycle Beast will ask for them.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Gumdrops, during weekend quests the time limit doesn't matter - you could take 29 minutes, 59 seconds to turn in your item and still get a 50 point token!
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

Major Drills gives out rare items and sometimes Cash Shop (but I haven't gotten any yet). I know someone got a Calavera Bride trunk item.

I generally do all the weekend quests that have an SP reward. Wizard and Sagittarius are a given. Cursed Quests are something I do if I get the chance because the items they ask for are cheap vending fodder most of the time and they pay more than I spend and more SP is good :P
Pete gives out a good reward if you restock from the main shops and spend less than 15k for normal and rare items. Maleria asks for overpriced items but when she's the weekend quest I drop up to 50k for rarer items and still get a profit. Quentin's Quest IS profitable if you're patient and don't spend too much for each quest.

I don't do Library Quests or Drunk Carl quests because rarer books cost a lot and Rathskeller foods can get expensive and I'm too impatient to hoard food I get from the Galley :/
ImageImage
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Jessi wrote:Gumdrops, during weekend quests the time limit doesn't matter - you could take 29 minutes, 59 seconds to turn in your item and still get a 50 point token!
Oh I know, but the time limit thing still irks me none-the-less. I just find Wiz quests wayyyyyy too long and tedious, so I haven't been bothering lately unless Shinwa asks me to do one.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Drag & Drop Search (that's for Chrome; there is also a Firefox extension) is a lifesaver. Basically, any time you highlight text with your mouse, you can then grab and drag it and a box will appear on your screen. Drop the text in there and it does the shop search (or whatever else you customize) for you. I use it for Subeta and NeuroGalaxy (and also SubetaLodge for looking things up quickly). I now cannot stand doing quests without it.

If anyone wants the links to customize it, this is what I have:

Subeta: http://subeta.net/ushop.php?act=dosearc ... &itemname=
SubetaLodge keyword search: http://www.subetalodge.org/list_all/mode/name/search/
SubetaLodge exact name search: http://www.subetalodge.org/view/item/
Last edited by Cranberry on 11 May 2013 05:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Wizard and Saggi, definitely. Pete probably. I usually don't bother with him at all unless I'm bored or he's WSQ. Cursed is good for sp (made like 400k today) - plus, Mori gives out items that Meleria could ask for (dark matter things, mostly). Only bother with other quests if I'm bored (but maybe I'll start doing major drills more often....).

Maleria CAN be worth doing! You just gotta learn your limits and be willing to take risks. She is not really good for making pure sp (always do wizard/saggi first), BUT BUT BUT you can gain it back with the items she gives back (subeautique possible). My limits: Common - 5k, *maybe* 10k (if at all, sometimes I just skip those). Normal - 20k. Rare - 30k, 40k if I feel like it. Super Rare - I personally will go up to 80k (which I know sounds CRAZY, but hey, I LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE). Limits as far as WSQ are concerned: Common - 10k (only do for sp reward). Normal - 25k-30k. Rare - 40k-45k. Super Rare - same as regular, around 80k (but slightly less risky?). Yes, the items do inflate and the really do need to broaden the pool of items she'll ask for. I actually hoard items she tends to ask for and either use them myself when they're inflated or sell them at a price a bit outside of my price limit for a profit.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Thanks Cranberry. I knew about that extension for Chrome, but didn't realize Firefox had it. I had been using Chrome as a 'pet site' browser, but the memory usage started to piss me off, so I just moved everything to Firefox (which was always my primary browser).
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Ah, yes, extensions. I use the "Add to Search Bar" (I don't know if it's available for other browsers). You can add the Subeta Shop search to the search bar, then make it the active search tool in the search bar. Then just highlight the thing you want to search for, and select "Search Subeta Shop Search for ____" and it will open a shop search for whatever it is in a new tab. It's fast as heck and I wouldn't do quests without it. Can't compare it to Drag & Drop search as I've never used that one. Also works for account search and SubetaLodge, although not the Neopets Shop Wiz.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Drag & Drop is super fast. I got a screenie here... see, I highlight a word ("super" here) and as soon as I start to drag it, the blue boxes appear. I just drag and drop it in the Subeta one and it opens a new tab with the shop search results. Same idea as add to search bar, but may be quicker.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

0_0

OMG, Cranberry, thank you SO much! I can stand doing quests now - and I so need the money, so this is a very good thing.

So far as quests go; I've been ignoring Chase since I lost to him at level 72 (why 75, whyyyyyy), but I started him again yesterday, as he is great for gaining cash through his mid-level quests; I do shinwa and battle every day, and I think library is a great way to gain expensive things if you're very lucky. But you can lose a fair amount as well, so I usually don't do him outside of when Shinwa sends me there. Last week he gave me one of the new flower beanbags and I was offered two of my most wanted custom wears for it - so that worked out well. But as I say, he asks for super-expensive books more often than not, so be careful what you hand him.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

I did some Cursed Quests this weekend and did decently off them --not as lucrative as Saggi but not bad.

I started doing Item Quests most days (sometimes I forget) since someone here reminded me they exist and they can be quite lucrative as long as your goal is to make money and not work up to max level.