EPICon 2013

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Re: EPICon 2013

Post by Griffin »

Can't be prosecuted for using pencil and paper :P

A lot of the symbols in the memory game remind me of kana, or other objects. I can remember them like, "this one's a hi, there's an u, there's a mo... a tulip and a dolphin..."
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I think I just won a game of memory in 15 guesses, no achievement :(
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I guess I find this... weirdly relaxing?

Anyway, woo, Memory. I like Memory.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I've been doing ok with most games, although the minesweeper and both bugs games all suck, so I missed out on a bunch of points then. Was too busy having fun at a <i>real</i> convention to worry about points. But finally got the winning the race achievement after a few days of not really trying.

I was wondering actually, anyone know if the new achievements going to stick around after the event is over? Cause it would really suck if we had to get all of them before some unknown date.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

The game achievements are all staying. :) I believe that the die quest one only lasts through EPICon itself, though (there will be warning when it's about to end).
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Good to know, thanks! I did the die quest pretty quickly, so that's not a problem for me.

I am starting to tire of this event, but at least it's more fun than the stupid minigame I had to play in Oracle of Ages in order to get the one stupid thingy...
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Joey wrote:I am starting to tire of this event, but at least it's more fun than the stupid minigame I had to play in Oracle of Ages in order to get the one stupid thingy...
What, the Goron dancing one or the seed shooter one? Or the one where you use your sword...? :P
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod

Post by Joey »

Silverevilchao wrote:
Joey wrote:I am starting to tire of this event, but at least it's more fun than the stupid minigame I had to play in Oracle of Ages in order to get the one stupid thingy...
What, the Goron dancing one or the seed shooter one? Or the one where you use your sword...? :P
The sword one! I'm terrible at it so even by the end I was only hitting 350 points every third game or so, and then I kept getting all the stupid common rings that I already had. It was the worst. Goron dancing was fine for me, I play too many rhythm games to begin with. Target shooting wasn't too bad either. But that stupid stupid sword game. I actually got good at aiming the balls at the shop keeper, I wish they could really hit him in the face for not giving me that one damn ring.

Yes I am still angry about this minigame.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I'm really enjoying Subeta Tri-peaks. I love that game and used to play it all the time on my comp. I do wish they had the traditional three pyramid layout though, the single pyramid layout is messing with me! I'll have to try some of the other variations once the event is over with.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Seerow wrote:I do wish they had the traditional three pyramid layout though, the single pyramid layout is messing with me!.
Me too.

I absolutely loved the Tri-Peaks game that came in the Windows Entertainment packs. I was so annoyed when I found out that Windows 7 doesn't support those older games.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Joey wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote:
The sword one! I'm terrible at it so even by the end I was only hitting 350 points every third game or so, and then I kept getting all the stupid common rings that I already had. It was the worst. Goron dancing was fine for me, I play too many rhythm games to begin with. Target shooting wasn't too bad either. But that stupid stupid sword game. I actually got good at aiming the balls at the shop keeper, I wish they could really hit him in the face for not giving me that one damn ring.

Yes I am still angry about this minigame.
Hahahahaha omg

For me it was always the Goron one, the game requires such stupid precise timing that no matter how good I got at it I always seemed to lose! >:[ I like the Subrosian Dance one in Seasons better...
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Today, I got the last achievement for Net Gain. Now I will not have to play that game ever again (which I think is the *real* reward)! lol
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

And the dance of "remember that shitty game we made you play once? well, we didn't fix it at all! enjoy!" continues.

This bullet hell game does, at least, let you fire bullets, and doesn't have questionable z-axis problems (in Ziara Raceway, I just don't believe every single pirate ship can perfectly track me diagonally as I progress down the raceway). However:

a) Still no sound, so it's a bit surreal, definitely not immersive at all.
b) The boss still shows up and makes you feel broken because you can't fire. I know what they were going for, but it does not work. Needs boss battle music at least. Amusingly, you can fill the screen with bullets and deal damage to it before you're supposed to deal damage to it.
c) Crappy payout for time invested, although--
d) It *is* rather easy--would be a lot more exciting if their bullets did more than travel straight left.
e) Some ships show up out of range at the bottom of the screen. S'cool, not like I need points or anything.

Caliph Tombs is so great (although what is it with Subeta and making tiny games--what are these, games for ants, etc.) that I was hoping we'd be spared more awkward games like this.

I'm so looking forward to this event ending. Almost every game feels like an unpleasant chore. Sure, you could make the argument that I'm doing it to myself, but prize shops always have such good items, I would hate to miss out. I just will be so glad to never play so many of these games ever again.
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

AngharadTy wrote:And the dance of "remember that shitty game we made you play once? well, we didn't fix it at all! enjoy!" continues.

I'm so looking forward to this event ending. Almost every game feels like an unpleasant chore. Sure, you could make the argument that I'm doing it to myself, but prize shops always have such good items, I would hate to miss out. I just will be so glad to never play so many of these games ever again.
^ This. So, so much this. And in addition the tiny tiny games, who in the hell though using a WHITE font would be just the thing for the instructions. Because not being able to read those instructions at all? Totally intended to be part of the challenge, I'm sure. And having books be achievement prizes for things I will never ever be able to achieve?

O Subeta, why do you hate me so?

So the events Cran and Purge don't run? They suck. And I'm sure once they release the prize shop I'll be even more annoyed, because I've not maxxed out my points even a single day, so I'm sure there will be many things I want I can't have. x.x

Hell, there will probably be an achievement for voting 'x' number of times in the cosplay event, and I gave up on that within a day or two. I continually got the same five or six people to vote for - well, either that or there are dozens of people cosplaying the same five or six characters, all wearing the exact. same. things.

Either way, bored now.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I only played this new game once, to get the plushie.

I'm not gonna get that many points either. I've been playing 3 games plus the featured game most days.