Masquerade 2014

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Masquerade 2014

Post by lavender »

{EDIT}
Dance list to copy/paste into notepad widgets for anyone interested:
[dance=Shae]
[dance=Joey]
[dance=Griffin]
[dance=Wingsrising]
[dance=Marah]
[dance=Rakumel]
[dance=Burrito]
[dance=METROID]
[dance=Seerow]
[dance=TCStarwind]
[dance=Silverevilchao]
[dance=lavenderkennedy]

(Feel free to let me know to add you for dance spamming! :))
Link to previous dance thread

------------------

The Masquerade is officially under way! (As you can probably tell by the lag and whatnot, but it's not as bad a previous years imo)

2009+2010 Menagerie items are all retired (minus the Yunium Key).
Note: Steamworks Menagerie, Libertine Lounge, and Migrating Masks will remain open for two weeks after the Masquerade comes to an end, and then close for the season. At closing, the 2011 items from the Steamworks Menagerie will be retired. The Libertine Lounge has agreed to bring back their entire stock for next year.
Gah, I was banking on them doing all the retirements after it ended... Hope there wasn't any plushies or beanbags from '09/'10 that I missed.

I'm really questioning the decision to close the shops in a month, though? They never close holidays shops, so... huh? I looked through the news comments and the site feedback thread, but so far staff hasn't explained that decision.

The dance forums are now anonymous. Cute idea, but I see how that's a pain for anyone running contests.

I think my favorite new items are the pieshakes! YUMMMMMM!
Last edited by lavender on 28 Mar 2014 02:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Re: Masquerade 2014

Post by Wingsrising »

Yes, I had skipped the Steamworks Menagerie books when I was doing a major reading spree to Duskfeather figuring I'd just wait until the Masquerade and buy them all in one fell swoop. I'm quite cranky that they decided to retire all the older items without any warning whatsoever. I also don't get the reasoning behind closing the shop. Really, the whole thing has left a bit of a sour taste for what it normally one of my favorite events.

I always like to see the new items and this year is no exception (the new silken fabric dresses are magnificent) but I'm a little disappointed with the new Libertine Lounge selections. I'm hoping we get some more new snacks and beverages as the Masquerade progresses.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Dresses, pretty dresses! I see everybody is wearing them (me too!) They are so pretty! Love that there is a green one. Also big fan of the art nouveau stuff. But I wish there was a brown haired wig with long flowing locks.
A really nice collection of items again.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

http://subeta.net/forums/view/845857/1#18926471

Sorry fot the double post, but here is a handy link!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

So here's a question (I don't know if I should ask it here, or ping the NC group on the thread Marah posted, or what):

Of the people listed, who is/isn't still active on Subeta? Unlike (say) kissing, a dance is wasted if the dancee isn't still active on the site. I want to make sure I get everyone, but I don't want to spend a lot of dances on people who aren't still active.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Good point Wings, I wouldn't've have realized. Since you asked, I'm very inactive on the site - so everyone can please dance with those that'll appreciate and reciprocate appropriately! (I always love logging in sporadically and seeing myself included in events by you lovely NCers, but if dances need a response, I'm not going to be around to give one)
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I'll be active for the duration of the event at least. XD Masquerade is my favorite event on the site, and this year I need....well...pretty much everything. While my time online will be kind of erratic, I'll do my best to accept and return dances.

Also, for anyone that didn't see it on the Subeta forums, they reversed the decision to close the Menagerie, Lounge, and Migrating Masks. So those'll stay open all year after all, hurray!
Faun

Post by Faun »

I'm gonna be pretty active on the site during the event and I need pretty much all of the stuff so i'm up for dancing with anyone who needs it.
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I'm active as well, and trying my best to return all the dances I get.
Runic

Post by Runic »

I'm active 100%, so swing-dance over to me if you'd like!
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I'll be active and checking periodically...the Masquerade is one of my favorite events! :)
Runic

Post by Runic »

This is the first time in long time that I'm barely able to keep up! xD
Thank you everyone! -trying to return dancing as much as possible-
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I'm active on Subeta and will return dances as much as possible. I just open a page on my phone's browser when I'm at work and refresh the hell out of it requesting dances until I get the error message and then I move on to the next person listed in my notepad. I need all of the new items and am still picking up a few of the older plushies and books from the Managerie...so I'll definitely dance away for tokens :)
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Boo it ended before I could finish returning dances. I was doing so well on returning every dance I got too. Anyway, thank you so much for all the dances everyone, especially these past few days! I'm going to be able to buy a lot more wearables that I expected :D