(Old) Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
covet

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by covet »

Ty, it's showing as you having done it when I check your profile. So fingers crossed it will work for you soon.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It says I have it now, but the newly acquired tab still shows two of them. Love epidemic only shows one, so I'm gonna go with "meh." Weird glitch, though!
Image Image
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Ty, the same thing was happening for me with the "Spend 1,000,000sp at Skitters' Shop" achievement; it showed something like 1,030,000/1,000,000 spent but it shows up as grey too. I hope they fix that, it's bothersome D:

EDIT:
The Old Wizard's Quests
High Scores

Thank You!
Your Reward is:

101 Ways To Bribe The Old Wizard

AND

12,240sP
... Trying to tell me something, wizard?
<3
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Thank You!
Your Reward is:

Sheir

AND

14,742sP

O_O! (That was a REALLY worth it 8K quest :P) I'm so greedy, I refuse to stop spending sP on Keepsake Boxes, so I needed another good quest. Someone also bought my dream dragon, and put me over 30m. Yayness :)
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
bluelightning

Post by bluelightning »

Woe: It's like the site cant stay online for longer than 5 minutes. I never see anyone else being bothered by this. How can you do anything on a site that's hardy working? I'm glad I do play on other sites as they are always up. But for those that have to be only on ONE site then... what do you do when it goes down. Go do something else. Then come back on later to find it is still down/down again? Ugh I just feel I cant be bothered with it anymore
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Honestly, if you play Subeta since a while, you must be aware than it is subject to being unstable.

All good things come to those who wait. :)
sezrin

Post by sezrin »

bluelightning wrote:But for those that have to be only on ONE site then... what do you do when it goes down. Go do something else. Then come back on later to find it is still down/down again?

Pretty much. I normally take it as a sign that I should do the laundry...

Achievement: I've done all my laundry :mrgreen:
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

lol @ sezrin :D I would also call finishing laundry an achievement (but if I actually bother to fold it, it calls for celebration :P)

I a bit disappointed at the downtime, but mainly because I got off work early today (doctor's appointment). Now what to do?
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Made my way to 250 books, mostly by buying from user shops. So that should be a start on the reading drive. (Unfortunately it's getting harder and harder to find inexpensive books I don't already have.)
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

Where is the reading drive located on the site? I went to the reading contest--y'know, where the last one took place--and it says that the contest is over...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yes, that's what it is. It's not ready yet, but a lot of people are collecting books because Keith said it would start "soon."
Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

So I'm officially over a 1/3 of the way to the final shop till achievement and about 16 mill. away from 50. I've been restocking more, but it's a sloooow process. Once the reading drive starts I can sell my duplicates and hopefully make some good money there :P

And I have 3 more hearts to collect to get to 100! Yay!!!

{eta} I now have all the love epidemic achievements except for the survivor one! ^_^
Last edited by lavender on 19 Feb 2009 01:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Yup, that's the theory. There'll be a reading contest, there'll be achievements, there'll be great prizes (I gather at least some of the ones from last time will be re-used, plus new ones), the price of books will go through the roof, we'll all use our hoards and sell the duplicates.

At least, that's the theory.

ALMOST at 300 books... damn, this is a pain in the butt.

In case anyone is wondering, you can see my collection here:
http://www.subeta.net/ushop.php?page=1& ... opid=92999

I think everything is readable, I'm not sure if everything will count. Pretty much this is all stuff that was <100k in user shops at the time I bought it.

(If anyone else has big collections I can look at so I can see what cheap stuff I might be missing, I'd love to hear about it!)
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

HotRoxy has a complete book gallery!

I've just been vending and buying a few, but I don't have nearly as many as I had last time. I'll have to get cracking, I guess.
Wingsrising

Post by Wingsrising »

Cranberry wrote:HotRoxy has a complete book gallery!
Thank you for that link! That was incredibly useful (especially now that you get an "average price" every time you mouse over an item). I now have basically every book that costs less than about 150k in user shops, and it's only about 314 books!

I'm not so worried about my Key of Secrets deflating horribly now that I've seen exactly how hard it is to rack up large numbers of points, especially once the drive actually starts and everything inflates. :-)

Unless they do something where you can turn in books for points more than once...

Anyway, I suppose there's nothing to do now but acquire some duplicates to sell, and wait. I WANT that Poniard of the Literati, dammit!