Reading Contest

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Monkeyguy

Re: Reading Contest

Post by Monkeyguy »

So I don't know how you all are turning in books, but the fastest way I've found is to use a wheel click to open the page in a new window then closing the page after it's loaded. That way you aren't have to load the page, click back and load the page again.
Image Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh my god, Monkeyguy, THANK YOU. That tip has worked WONDERS and is making me turn in the rest of my books so quickly! I seriously love you right now.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I just use SnapLinks. Tada! ;D It works great.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

Holy crap Mayhem, thank you so much for that <3 And Squiby just became a lot more fun!
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It's useful for Valenth, where you earn money for feeding pets. I open them in tabs, not windows, so I can just tell it to close all tabs to the right, or whatever.
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Does anyone know whether the achievements are cumulative? For instance, if I turn in 300 books this year and 100 next year, will I get the 400 achievement, or will I have to turn in 400 at once?

Also, I'm being incredibly lazy about turning my books in...it seems like it would be so much more efficient to just add a "turn in all the books in your inventory" option. Or a quickstock sort of thing.
Rah

Post by Rah »

It's per reading drive, so yes, you'd have to turn in 400 at once.

I'm not getting the 400 this year. Hopefully I can get it next year, when there are a lot more books available!
klaatu99

Post by klaatu99 »

Rah wrote:It's per reading drive, so yes, you'd have to turn in 400 at once.

I'm not getting the 400 this year. Hopefully I can get it next year, when there are a lot more books available!
No, it's cumulative. I turned in 55 books last year, and after turning in 45 books this year, I got the 100 book achievement.
Feed Us Please!

KlaatuWolf on Subeta
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

Hmm, really? I'm going to be a lot more excited if it is cumulative. I could *maybe* manage 400 books for next year, but definitely no tiers beyond that unless this year's points are counted.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

You still need 400 different books overall. I turned in dozens last year but only had one left this year after buying stuff. I had to turn in 99 books to get the 100 achievement. It just records which books are left over, so you can't turn in duplicates.

What I wish (futilely, I suppose) is that we could tell it which books not to "spend" so I can have them still in the book drive and not worry about buying duplicates for next year (melody books, free gift books, trivia books, etc.). I'd rather spend The Slots and The Sad Clawsion before I go spending the books I bought from the Masquerade and such. Oh well. I should have planned better--save all the really rare books for next year, buy actual items this year. =\
Image Image
Rah

Post by Rah »

klaatu99 wrote:
No, it's cumulative. I turned in 55 books last year, and after turning in 45 books this year, I got the 100 book achievement.
Did you spend those books last year? If not, then they would count towards this year, because they've been brought over. It's still 100 different books put in :)

I turned in over 200 books last year, and 360 this year and I still only got the 250 achievement tier, with my total being at 360 :)
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Man, I wish I'd had that SnapLinks when I was turning in 300 books the other night...

However, I've had to disable it again because it stops the "suggest" feature of the Firefox 3 spellcheck from working. Anyone else have that problem? Maybe I have the wrong version installed.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

The latest version of FF3 is unsupported by SnapLinks, I think.
Varicolored on Subeta
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

FFFF..accidently turned in a book that was worth 750k..RRRR...luckly I had two..but..x_x
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Mayhem wrote:The latest version of FF3 is unsupported by SnapLinks, I think.
This is true, or at least was last time I checked, but there's an alternate version of SnapLinks available that I'm using now. Unfortunately, it conflicts with another Firefox add-on that I once had installed, though I can't recall which add-on it was.