Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by AngharadTy »

Say, how come Shinwas Rose hasn't been updated? I would quite like to see it get better art, too.
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

I'm bumping this just to point out the revamp of the colonial bow, and how I think that some of the items in the set are my favorite items on the site now, art-wise.

In particular, hah.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Yeah, I was blown away by the female set. The male set is lovely too, I just get more use out of the female clothes :P I especially love the colors that were used, they look very very nice together. Amazing job artist!

The Malticorn and Mallarchy plushies were also revamped recently and look much nicer now.
ImageImage
ImageImage
The Mallarchy looks really really adorable.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

The Mallarchy plushies are nice, but I don't like the Malticorns - their faces look too squashed :/ Nice art otherwise, though.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

Today I stumbled across a few revamps. I'm not sure if they're all recent, and there's probably more, so let me know.

I borrowed the old minion images from pausedlife.com.

Image Image
Black Cat -- I love this. I disliked it before and it was annoying because Yggy must collect black cats, and now he'll get one for sure.

Image Image
Mipa -- This one surprised me because I own one and, well, never expected it to get an update. It's still great, but it hardly needed an update compared to lots of other items.

Zombie Kitten -- I don't have the old one but it looked much the same, just a little flatter. I love the little bone tail.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Saw this in my Friends Feed:

http://subeta.net/forums/view/694431/1

Megan posted a bunch in her first post, and Fairy and Arbor did a bunch more later on the page. :)
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Arbor's art makes me happy. More revamps plzkthnx, Arbor. :P
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

That's a lot of minion updates. They are all very nice. My favorites being the hissper, canebrake, defeye and phiso. I like how some of them kept the original and just were shaded to make them seem more up to date. The only one I didn't like right away was the rainbie. It was the smaller eyes that caught me off guard. But the more I look at it the more I like it. Which is good cause I love it as Daray's minion.

A bunch of other items were revamped too. The sai, pie, quills, beach towels and rakes to name a few. My favorite being the quills. They are just so lovely now. I think I'll have to collect them all now. Check here to see a good chunk of them. Which also link to other revamp threads, one of the big ones being SBQ revamps. Which of those I like all of them. Some of those were really needed.
Just have to say wow, artist have been quiet busy with revamps. ^-^
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The Subeautique revamps are mostly improvements across the board. Except that I'm very, very sad about the Immortal Eternal Assassin straps. They're supposed to have a lovely diffuse glow at the end, but it was left off the revamped wearable. =( =( =(

I care so much that I actually posted on the forums and pinged the artist. I've never done that before. It always feels like a combination of namedropping and just plain old being a pest. But I hope it gets fixed. I use that item a lot!
Image Image
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh, Jesus. Some of my very favorite items on the site are so ugly now I can hardly stand looking at them. I loved the old Hissper; it was one of my very favorite minions on the site, and it's hideous now. Absolutely hideous.

So is the poor rocket plushie. I need to go yank it out of my list of favorite things, because it's certainly not one of those anymore.

I'm going to go back to pretending the site doesn't exist; it's better that way.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

This must have been artist revamp week!
Tons of weapons, make sure to browse whole thread

A lot of the weapons look much better now, same with the minions. None of them I was overly attached to before so the new looks are fine by me. I really love the new Florae, Cranebrake, Phemoria, and Phiso.
The new Snowman confuses me since it looks exactly like the Evil Snowman but was not revamped 0_o
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

That was a mistake, it'll get fixed.
Image Image
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

Wow, someone's busy! :P I kinda hope the wizard tokens are revamped.. They're used a lot and have the potential to be pretty but are a little blah right now.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh I saw your post Ty and I so agree. I miss the shiny bits. It doesn't make sense now with the item image and the description. I'm keeping my fingers cross they fix it.

Yes! I would love them to update the wizard tokens. With the recent gems and stuff, I can just imagine how shiny and pretty they would be. Oh yes.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Oh my god; the seed/plant revamps are absolutely gorgeous. @_@

I'm torn over a lot of the minion and weapon revamps: some of them I adore, and some of them I could have done without. Almost everything that's been reworked needed it, though, so I'm glad to see this massive revamp going on.