Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by Seerow »

Been awhile since we've had an NPC revamp. This time, it goes to The Hustler.
ImageImage

I love that he actually looks like a Terracoon now and has a muzzle. However, I preferred the old outfit better. The red scarf just really suited the character better then a light blue shirt and fur coat. He stayed a Terracoon though and didn't turn human, so I can't complain too much :D
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Re: Revamped Items, Minions, Etc.

Post by AngharadTy »

I feel like he turned from a hustler into a pimp. Hahaha. But it's funny, so it works. Did the text get fixed? Does it still say "hussler" if you come back too soon?
Image Image
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

It seems the hussler has moved.. he must not want you to get anything else until tomorow!
I think it must be the box placement that makes me keep thinking he has boobs. That startles me every time I see the new image, so I haven't really had a chance to register whether I like the rest of the changes. It's definitely a much-needed update, though.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

bonecrivain wrote:
It seems the hussler has moved.. he must not want you to get anything else until tomorow!
I think it must be the box placement that makes me keep thinking he has boobs.
Ohh, don't worry, I did too. It honestly took me a few minutes to figure out if he was a guy or a very butch female when I first saw him.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Ehh..double posting. This and the last can be combined if needed.

The Chipgold, Koi, and Moof got revamps.

Old ---> New
ImageImage Nice little update. Still don't want one, but it's still nice in its own right.
ImageImage The new ones are lovely! All of them got revamped, this is just the Hajiro.
ImageImage Not so fond of this one. Sure the art is better, but now it just looks pissed off at the world and like it's going to eat you at any moment. That, and I think the animation was smoother on the old.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

The animation should be slower and/or smoother. And the eyes, wow. They're... creepy... It's far too detailed in some ways--with no nose or mouth, it's just... like making a cartoon into a real thing without changing the cartoon aspects. Like Homer Simpson as a real fat, bald, yellow man with too few fingers. Things that are just fine in cartoons don't look natural when made realistic.
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I like the cat thing! The only thing that bothers me a bit is the tail. It looks too much like an umbrella handle.
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

Yet more revamped minions:

ImageImage Ladyfire. The old one was quite ugly, but the new one scares me more. I don't know why, but it does.
ImageImage Cerberus. I adored the old one and am sorry to see it get revamped :( It would be nice if it wasn't for the weird eyes. I think they are supposed to be glowy, but instead they look more like slime is running down their snouts.
ImageImage Nips. This one didn't turn out too bad, yay.
ImageImage Ippo. My favorite of this bunch. Maybe it's a sign that the Hipposaur is going to be getting some attention soon? Maybe? I can dream right?

Edit:
ImageImage Sluggick was also revamped.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I never really paid attention to the moof before so I didn't really see how kittyish it was. Now I must have one for my Kyo following.
The koi are so nice! I have to collect them all now.
I like the new cerberus but the glowing on the eyes look on. I bet that's because of the shrink. I bet it looks a lot better bigger.
The rest are nice updates.

And I am with Ty in saying the hustler looks like a pimp now. But the art is so much better then the old one.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

And still more revamps!
Old ---> New
ImageImage Angelic Spider
ImageImage Lockjaw
ImageImage Gnasher
ZomgethMew

Post by ZomgethMew »

Ugh, I appreciate that they're going to all this effort, but I *hate* the new Moof :/ Oh well. I guess I'll take it off my wishlist now.
Neopets: wocky_luvpet5566 | Subeta: omg_carrie
Seerow

Post by Seerow »

So Keith went through and rounded off the corners on a lot of the boxes around the site and the most part it looks nice. Am I the only one though that thinks it looks a little strange in some places, such as your shop page where you insert prices or on shop search where the search bar is but the drop down box isn't?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

Yes, that's pretty much exactly my entire thought train, Seerow. "Oh, that looks nice. Except... here. And kinda here. Huhhh. Odd."
Image Image
Keith

Post by Keith »

Yeah, I just threw in one CSS thing to round the corners on all the input boxes, so now I have to go around and individually fix where it looks really weird (like I had to yesterday in the shop search)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen

Post by AngharadTy »

It is a nice effect, overall, especially once it's tightened up. A good example of how something small can make a difference in how attractive something is.
Image Image