Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Marah »

Drop and give me 500! No wait, communication error, looks like I'm giving YOU 500! CSC, that is! You won the Summer Cash Shop Giveaway.
Together with the video watching csc that puts me at 606. Enough for a costume trunk, or one custom wearable. Both are very tempting actually. The sonic device is still buyable, but apparently the cracked teacup isn't an active trunk anymore. (Why? It wasn't that old?)

ponder, ponder!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Grats Marah!
I'd hold onto it for a little bit longer though, Keith mentioned in a post that a CS Sale was happening in June sometime. This conversation was about whether or not CWs should be discounted or not. I can't see the forum so I don't know the general consensus about that.
Now, the first conversation I want to have with you is about the cash shop sales. We usually have one in late June (it's usually 25% off things, not the full 50% off like Black Friday) and since that's coming up I wanted to talk about it with you creators. Mostly, if you think we should reduce the prices of Custom Wearables in the cash shop by the same percentage as we do the other items in the cash shop. I know that on the page we've made it clear that we "control" the custom items once they go into the cash shop, but we don't want to be waving that control around by changing prices and things like that. So, we're asking you what you think. If there are any solutions you'd be happy with, etc
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Oooh, that is always a good thing to know, thanks Seerow.
As an only consumer (and not a creator) of CW's I hope they do reduce the price during the sale. I might even be tempted to buy cs with actual money for that. I'm just a bit fuzzy on how that goes. I saw that it is possible to buy it with "Ideal" which is my countries online payment method. which means no credit card, no paypal, just me, my bank-account and subeta. (They make it so tempting) I just have no clue how long it takes to process and how long before I would have my actual CS.
Anyone got experiences with similar systems?
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yeah, I hope there's a sale on custom wearables, too, but of course I'm a buyer, not a seller. :-) That said, to date I've not bought any custom wearables (there are a few I like, but the $6 price tag is a little daunting) and I'm sure I'd buy some in a sale, so there's that.

I love cash shop sales. I spend a lot of money (for me) during them, though.

I wish they still put GAs on sale during cash shop sales.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

So on my second day of trying out the Major Drills giveaway (I didn't bother when I was in Japan), I actually won o_O

Gonna hang onto the CSC until this sale, and see if CWs drop any. If not, there's still a couple I'd buy for full price, it just would suck to buy them now and find out later that they drop.
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Post by Griffin »

I missed Jackson in the clearing, the name I've been after for years and tried to message the owner about... I am so incredibly disappointed. I'll just have to live with Johann having a name I don't like unless I can come up with some other idea.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Thanks for reminding me about the name clearing! I completely forgot. I was able to get Lacerta and Snickerdoodles off inactive accounts. Lacerta's name is finally spelled correctly! Yee!
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Aww Griffin, I'm so sorry ;_; Jackson was a pretty popular name to go after I think, a girl in my cult was going after it too and missed it as well.

I have the name Theo, which is the only thing I was going after this clearing. I didn't think it'd be popular, but I heard there were quite a few people after it O_o so i'm pretty pleased I got it.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Joey wrote:So on my second day of trying out the Major Drills giveaway (I didn't bother when I was in Japan), I actually won o_O

Gonna hang onto the CSC until this sale, and see if CWs drop any. If not, there's still a couple I'd buy for full price, it just would suck to buy them now and find out later that they drop.
If you're looking for any custom wearables from the cash shop, make sure to check out the trades first. Lots of people give nice discounts on stuff from there - you might be able to get something for 100 - 200 CSC cheaper, easily.
Subeta: Thomas
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm not sure how much this counts as an achievement, but today I morphed Kankuro from a hydrus paralix into a dark matter celinox. It's a much better fit. The paralix was always temporary until I could decide on a final form for him. A desert-dweller being a water themed pet doesn't match well, and I'm happy to own another dm celinox. They've always been one of my favorites.

Also, Snickerdoodles will become a galactic illumis next week. Because I also miss having one and I'm on a moth-high.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

I won at the CSC giveaway for a third(!) time last night, but I've been holding onto all of it for no particular reason. Today, however, I started checking pet names on a whim. I was disappointed to see that the user who owned Mathematics was still pretty active, but after a bit more searching I found that Algebra was free. So out of the blue I renamed my main pet from Bisley. I'm pretty happy with the change!
Subeta: Thomas
Marah

Post by Marah »

3 times! Congrats Tom, that is very lucky :)
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I finally changed the name of a pet that desperately needed it.

Tayamee is now Adrift

My spectrum Kerubi, Vaylynne (The worst name ever) will get changed pretty soon. I don't think anyone in particular is stalking that name, but I'm taking it on the day it's released.

"Cylaria" got a very drastic makeover, and unfortunately, Souberyan did too. :? (He was nostalgic, and then I changed him back to scribble. It just didn't fit him.)

Just have to do some major personality changes.

Edit: I finally bought this after 3 years of wanting it:

He doesn't have a name yet, but I gave him to Wispy.

Spending 45 mil in 3 hours is not fun.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

Well, I guess this is more of a pet brag than any big accomplishment, but I'm happy with him nonetheless. After fighting the urge for weeks, I went ahead and splurged on a pet slot. So now I present to you yet another video game reference Kyos the Graveyard Donadak, named after an unused boss from the game Shadow of the Colossus.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I've been on a hell of a CSS kick lately, but I ran out of horrible design errors on the site itself to fix. So I gave up and started writing code for imaginary money.

I've sort of shunned standard procedure on these things (Zeus on a cross, have you seen the specifications other coders in that forum let people get away with? How vague can you get?? How do they put up with it???), and I'm not Subeta popular, which seems to be a big deal, so I'm honestly a little worried my thread'll just wither and die. But if I'm in luck, hopefully I'll get enough interest to while away the occasional dull afternoon.