Achievements and Tales of Woe

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Achievements and Tales of Woe

Post by Jessi »

Officer, they can't see your posts or get your pings, so even if you DID accidentally ping them, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't get a ping notification. You might want to submit a ticket though, just to be sure! c:
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ok, I will. Thanks, Jessi.

Edit: Bleaugh. The mod's advice was to block them back to avoid accidentally contacting them, so I went ahead and did that just to make life easier. Not my ideal choice.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

Yay!
Spoiler: open/close
Been looking forward to hitting this milestone. :)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Very nice work! I'm pretty close to the 600-level-pet one myself, which is exciting (if confusing. Why 600?).
Image Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

This happened the other day. The big safe image popping up startled the heck out of me, as I was expecting the usual didn't-crack-it message.

The prizes are always so anticlimactic.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I've had a very rough day, so it was nice to reach this little milestone on Subeta to cheer me up-

thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

That's such a pretty overlay, Jessi! And nice training achievement. :D
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

I finally got and used the Identity Star Shuriken I'd been wanting for years. Not used to the new name (Henry) yet - it's more confusing to not have the old long one than anything. But that name wouldn't leave me alone all this time (okay, originally Jenrya, but Henry wasn't taken and I'd prefer that). I just don't like how it looks in the default Subeta font, so I guess I have some CSS work to do.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I have been slowly buying magical keepsake boxes (grrr to 12 hour buy restriction) to empty my vault of all the TC items in it and actually get them in, you know, the TC's.
So minor, minor achievement: All the green, blue and red flowers are done, I'm down to one page in my vault and need only 6 more slots and all the orange flowers are in! (Untill next vesnali, that is.)

Still it feels nice working on finishing something.

http://subeta.net/petinfo.php?petid=856484
Almost 200 items...
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

http://subeta.net/petinfo.php?petid=732133

This was a long time coming because I had to wait for the angel Torrey revamp and my loyalty box. I'm very happy with his new look and that there was an easy minion match :P
Not all who wander are lost.
Marah

Post by Marah »

Achievement: Only the white and pink flowers to go in Nylvers treasure!

Woe: I organized my entire wardrobe. I took out 3000 useless and/or ugly items and put them in a gallery. That still leaves me with over 3000 items in my wardrobe, but it is still so much easier to find things. Every item is in a drawer. (I put some colours together and made new drawers: awesome, never having to decide if a teal item is more green than blue because I put blue and green together!)

So the idea was to put the 3000 items in the gallery back in the wardrobe for the achievements occasionally, right now for example I'm less than 40 items away from my UnicornVomit Mauvicorn Crown. Except I didn't realize that to get my items out of my gallery I need to select each and every one of them by hand, no select all, or select page, or simple click squares... nooooo, 3000 something drop down select thingies.
So, say I do this once. Can anybody help me come up with another solution? If I can't keep these items in a shop, the other option is the vault. Which means every time I move them I have to manually select a category for every item. And again after I have taken them out. I can't win this , can I?

I get that this is because of too much items in your inventory, too much strain on the servers, yadiyadi. I'm going to have to move these 3000 items at some point and I can't move them directly from my gallery to my wardrobe, so they are still going to end up in my inventory anyway!

I'm really miffed. I had the wardrobe part all figured out: as long as all the items in the wardrobe have a drawer I could just toss them out again by selecting the "no drawer" group. But I never thought that the other parts of subeta would be the ones to give me RSI...

*grumble grumble*
I want my wardrobe to have an attic, like a drawer whose items don't show while you are making avatars, but the items still exist in your wardrobe. (Come to think of it I would want to be able to toss most of the hairstyles in there as well, maybe then I would actually use the hair salon for a change)

Anyway, if any of you clever people know of a solution to my problem, please lemme know! I really liked having a clean wardrobe :(
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Not quite an achievement, but there's potential here. I went to look up a pet name on a whim, and being a fairly popular name, it was of course taken. I clicked on the pet anyway out of curiosity and saw... that the owner is frozen. So I click on the owner's name to see how long I'd have to wait for a name clearing to work in my favor, and discovered that the account could clear right now and I could snatch up the name if I was quick enough.

So now I just need to wait for Keith to clear accounts again. :P
Rah

Post by Rah »

Marah wrote:*grumble grumble*
I want my wardrobe to have an attic, like a drawer whose items don't show while you are making avatars, but the items still exist in your wardrobe. (Come to think of it I would want to be able to toss most of the hairstyles in there as well, maybe then I would actually use the hair salon for a change)

Anyway, if any of you clever people know of a solution to my problem, please lemme know! I really liked having a clean wardrobe :(
Marah, I think there is a 'no drawer' option? You can throw all of your weird stuff in a drawer and then turn that off whilst you're making avatars, but if you have other drawers with useful stuff in them they'll be turned off as well. Of course, what you could then do is just go through those drawers afterwards!
Marah

Post by Marah »

Everything (No really: everything!) is already in a drawer, so the no drawer option wouldn't work that way. But making one "junk" drawer might be the best solution I think. I don't think there is a way to tweek the existing system to my interpretation of perfection. :)

Allthough I might have to start an actual lobby for that "select everything BUT one layer" option we discussed in the avatar thread.

So, now to get 31 pages of clothing out of my shop... this is one way to keep myself busy now that I am (hopefully very temporarily) jobless.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Still not used to everyone's info being on the bottom of their posts 0_o

I finally hit 20k unique items in my gallery, which makes it 100 pages long! Lucky number 20k was the beloved Flufferbit, which is one of my favorite items on the site.
Whee!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.