New Token Shop Items

For discussion of the Subeta pet site, including new colours and other features.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Re: New Token Shop Items

Post by Alecko »

Wingsrising wrote: One of those things that makes me think twice about whether I really should be giving the site my money, you know?
Yes. I decided a few months ago that Subeta wasn't getting anymore money from me and this little stunt has just confirmed to me that was the right choice. I wasn't even online to be screwed over and it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I needed a Nightmare Potion so I bought one and used it on Mally, though it doesn't feel half as satisfying as it normally would.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

What ticks me off more than the "bait and switch" is the people in the comments mocking others for "baaawwwing." I think that people have the right to be disappointed and peeved about missing potions that haven't stocked in what, six months?
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

like Jessi I got "lucky" because i wasn't on to grab the glasses....so i was able to get a Ornate Flower Pitcher, which i am willing to gift to an NCer who needs it. I feel bad for everyone that missed it :c

Of course the bad part was I was "lucky" because I jumped on because my dog woke me up with his scratching (allergy s) and I took him out for a pee and got locked out @__@
Rakumel

Post by Rakumel »

I should know better than to read the comments in the news. All that does is just remind me that there's an alarming number of Subeta players that can't tell the difference between whining and a legitimate complaint. Then again, maybe I'm just "butthurt" because I grabbed a pair of glasses and screwed myself out of a potion. Yep. That's totally it. There are no bigger issues here at all that affect Subeta as a whole, nosiree. It's all about me and my problems. I'm just a whiny little brat who wants everything handed to me, and I should shut up and be totally grateful that I got anything at all, and OMG it's just a website and if I don't like it I can just leave.

OH WAIT. I still managed to snag one of the last BR potions! So do my feelings on the matter actually count now, or am I still just butthurt?

Okay, sarcasm aside...I admit I chuckled a tiny bit. What can I say? I totally fell for it. But as any good comedian knows, timing is essential. Perfect timing can significantly enhance your joke's hilarity. Bad timing can hinder it or kill it completely. Had this happened on, say, April Fool's Day, I would have found this exact same situation much funnier. Really. Hahaha, good one, okay, you got me. But right now? Right after an excellent plot which, as someone else mentioned already, was getting many people interested in Subeta again? People who might have money, which I thought Subeta's staff and servers needed?

Absolute worst possible timing. Instead being a kinda-funny troll, now it's just a dick move.

Now that that's out of my system (sorry!), and to get back on topic...when are they going to stock some of the items again? Having new ones put in every now and then is fine and dandy, but another chance at getting some of the older items would be nice too.
shaelyn76
Human Avatar: 185309

Post by shaelyn76 »

I totally missed the glasses...which didn't hurt my feelings at all since I have no real use or want for them, but by the time I got on the only potion left was BR, which i don't really need and/or want either. But as so many of you have pointed out, the TS restocks so extremely rarely anymore that I felt I should grab the BR potion while I could and call it a win. Then I went back to the news and saw the timing of the releases of the glasses and the potions.....I didn't even read the comments because I could guess what it would be. After reading what you all have said here, I was right in my assumption that people were ticked(deservedly so) and anybody who dared to speak of their disappointment or being irked at the way it went down is treated like a whiny baby who has had their binky taken away. It was that kind of attitude that led me to take my last hiatus from the site. The whole "you should just be grateful that Subeta even exists!" and "Whatever breadcrumbs of goodwill that Keith/other staff choose to throw the way of the regular old players should be grounds for celebration, bootlicking and prostrating ourselves before the Subeta Elite" I agree with Rakumel 100%.

As for the TS in general...I grabbed a BR potion if anybody here needs one just let me know. And I also agree that it would be really nice if the older items would, ya know, stock ever again.
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

There is a new SCully-esque wig in the token shop.

I grabbed one, but I don't think I'll ever use. If anyone's interested in it I'm willing to trade it for 500 tokens; just post a comment on my Subeta profile. Claimed.
Kali_Lupine

Post by Kali_Lupine »

The new wig has re-stocked right now, there were around 300 left when I last saw it. Good Luck!
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

yay for X-Files item! I looooove it and thanks to Steph I was able to nab one in the restock. Much love Steph, much love. :)
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Kali_Lupine

Post by Kali_Lupine »

luffs ya too Shae babes!
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

CELEBRATORY TOKEN SHOP RESTOCK! Several items up, mostly old items brought back.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Yay, I caught the wig I've been wanting for a long time :D
Kali_Lupine

Post by Kali_Lupine »

haha, i bought the deluxe tea set for talexia's TC, forgetting I had bought it with sp a while back. Luckily it was one of the items a friend of mine needed and missed, so it all worked out.
shaelyn76

Post by shaelyn76 »

It was really hard to choose between all the lovely, lovely wigs in that last stock...but I snagged the Copper Bound Locks one that I had been drooling over for a while and I have no regrets. Steph, it's funny you mention the Tea Set because I almost grabbed that one, but am super glad I didn't when I saw it in my wardrobe later last night...that's one of the problems with having a super loaded wardrobe though...I can't seem to remember what I already have and what I still need LOL!
Subeta Neopets
Click my dragons?Image
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I got the Copper Bound Locks and was VERY happy because I've wanted that one since I missed it when it first came out.

If I hadn't already bought the tea set for SP (for Nightflare's tea-drinks-and-snacks themed TC)... I would have bought the wig anyway, but I would have been more torn about it!
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I was really, really late but there were still 30 or something copper bound locks left when I got there (and not much else strangely). That was a wishlist item so that made me very happy! But more token shop restocks please, I still have lots I want to buy.