Summer NC meetup, London - who's interested?

Non-neopets general discussion.
Miguel

Summer NC meetup, London - who's interested?

Post by Miguel »

Alright, I've been talking with Jazzy and saying "we ought to do this" for a few, er, months now, so, here we go:

I'm thinking it would be cool for Neocoloursy people in the UK (or very northern France, is anyone still there?) to meet up this summer. Arbitrarily for ease of travel (for me and a few others, I appreciate it won't work for everyone), and a plethora of fun things to do, I propose central London and museums therein.

So, who would be interested (that's all I'm looking for at this stage) in meeting up in London, one weekend probably sometime mid-July to mid-August? Any preferences for museums?

(Standard disclaimers apply, I'm not an axe murderer on the weekends, all that stuff - but seriously, if meeting strangers off the internet is likely to be an issue, quite a few of us have met up before, and if you PM me I'm sure we can put you in touch with someone local to meet up beforehand in 'safe' circumstances).
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Re: Summer NC meetup, London - who's interested?

Post by Marah »

Oh, I can't promise anything, but if there is actually a date set I could check for some last minute tickets. I don't live too far from airport Weeze and they have some nice deals now and then.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Take lots of pictures guys! I'll be thinking of you while I've sitting over here in the states :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

So jealous! Heh. I agree with Seerow: Lots of pictures!
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Do you think some of us could set up a US NC meeting? I'm not sure who could organize it, but maybe we could base where we'd meet up on the closest radius of where we all live, provided all of us aren't as scattered.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
EofS

Post by EofS »

In principle definitely for it, as long as I can get it protected off work and have enough notice to get a decent train fare. You might have to accept a somewhat tired Emma though.

MRAAH, if you make it over then I will move heaven and earth to make it there, since we always failed to meet on your side of the puddle. MRAAH!
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Let's all meet up in Orlando! We should have an NC Disney trip. Who's with me?!

*crickets chirp*

Also could do Texas and Georgia very very easily.

Dragoncon NC meetup? No?
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you when I was in Ft. Lauderdale, Ailiel :( But Florida flights are dirt cheap up here Michigan because 35 degrees is called "spring".
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think that's the biggest problem with a US NC meetup - we ARE all scattered. Lindsey and I are pretty by ourselves over here in Kansas (and we won't be here in 3 months anyway), I know Ty is way over in California as is Bon I believe. Seerow is in Indiana (and I've had the pleasure of meeting her twice!)... etc. There's not really a good 'meet up' place, especially with the cost of plane tickets being what they are right now - utterly ridiculous. I can't even find tickets to Chicago for under $300. I used to be able to get them for about $120 round trip.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Jessi I need to see you guys again, but you are moving even further away :(
The price of traveling is really expensive, and even driving isn't feasible anymore with the cost of gas (where I am anyway) reaching $4.19 a gallon! Ridiculous!
Hopefully someday I'll get the chance to meet more of you.

Does anyone live in Florida? I'll be stopping by there briefly in mid October at Port Canaveral.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm in Iowa. :-)

I wish I could go to Dragon*Con again. Maybe one of these years. Now that I'm teaching and can't just up and take a day off, getting away during the academic year is harder to do. (Also, Labor Day weekend is the perfect time to hit the Minnesota Renn Faire -- there's no big Faire in Iowa -- and IKEA.)
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Yes, I'm in Florida. Fort Lauderdale to be exact, but my mom has a prius now which I am welcome to borrow, and there are buses and things which make anywhere from Key West to Georgia very feasible. In fact I am pretty sure I am going to head to Dragoncon this year (Leonard Nimoy AND William Shatner, plus a great lineup of Buffy people, and Felicia Day and Tahmoh Penikett to boot? It's too tempting... if somehow they manage to book Nathan Fillion there is no way I'm NOT going).

Yes Usul, I was sorry I missed you! I had no idea you were coming. But maybe you guys would like to come back? I remember your family had a great trip and really enjoyed it.

I for one would be willing to travel. I have access to airplane ticket coupons courtesy of my dad and his constant traveling. Places I would like to go would include New Orleans, California somewhere, NYC (hardly need an excuse, also my brother lives in Brooklyn part of the year) or Austin Texas (where I have family). Any of these locales sound appealing to anyone else?

Also Seerow October is a great time to visit Florida. It isn't quite season yet so hotels are still inexpensive, and the weather is nice and cool. And there's tons of fun Halloween related things going on in Orlando and Tampa. Just, you know, in case anyone else was wondering.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

NYC would be doable to me and Jay since we live in Massachusetts. I've also never been there so it would be an adventure!

With a lot of planning time, Las Vegas would also be doable since we could bill it as a dual fun/family visit trip.
EofS

Post by EofS »

As for a date, I would probably want to avoid the last weekend in July as that's the Hull Food Festival and I would quite like to stay up here and eat incredible food again :0D *Drools at memory of last year's*
Kali_Lupine
Human Avatar: 189836

Post by Kali_Lupine »

:( I want to gooooooooooooooo. As Serrow said, lots of pics please! If anyone ever has the urge to come to Canada (or those of you that are there to come to Ont) then I can always try and get my Nana's cottage for a week or so! Failing that my parents have a 4 bedroom house that I could attempt to commandeer, lol

Edit: Ali and I might be able to swing NYC if I could try and get her to spend the money, lol, she is VERY tight with the purse strings.