NC Holiday Card Exchange 2013!

Non-neopets general discussion.
EofS

Re: NC Holiday Card Exchange 2013!

Post by EofS »

Hi Guys.

I'm probably going to be late with cards this year. We got a bit flooded on Thursday night - stopped just at the bottom of our front door so the house was fine, but the garage had a good bath in muddy seawater and we had a lot of stuff stored in there. So right now our house is upside down and outside in. (The contents of downstairs is upstairs from when we were fearing the floodwaters, the contents of the garage is in our living room and dining room.)

Needless to say, Christmas is a little bit postponed right now and we might not make last posting dates...

Sorry.
Madge

Post by Madge »

That's OK!!! My cards are probably on a plane right now or something, SO YOU WILL RECEIVE A CARD AND A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CHEER AS A RESULT!?!??!
EofS

Post by EofS »

If they can bring a certain amount of Australian warmth and dryness that would be awesome. Have you ever tried drying out a garage (and its contents) when you've got 8 hours daylight and it's only just above freezing? Challenging is the word.

Also, you can rest assured that your card will be delivered by a very determined postman. On Friday morning he managed to shove some post through the letter box even though it was stuffed up with towels. (Our letter box is right at the bottom of the door, so would have been an easy entrance point had the water got an inch or two higher.) I was very impressed!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Sadly mine will probably arrive late for most of you :( I ordered some really nifty ones from Woot back on like the 1st but they just now shipped and I don't expect they will get here until middle of next week then I need to get them mailed out. But this way Christmas cheer lasts even longer right!?!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Katy... :)

Post by Katy... :) »

Seerow wrote:But this way Christmas cheer lasts even longer right!?!
Totally! :wink:
krbs86
I will always be a blue evil fuzzle.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I'm going to write cards this week, in good tradition they will probably be send from a tiny island where I do not live. Every year the week after Sinterklaas there is a party and we have been going with quite a large group for a few years now. (Travel half the country for a costume party. We will be toadstools this year....)
Also, you can rest assured that your card will be delivered by a very determined postman. On Friday morning he managed to shove some post through the letter box even though it was stuffed up with towels
I'm really wishing you all the best with drying out your stuff EofS, it sounds very inconvenient. And yet I snorted (quite loudly) when I read this. Three cheers for the postman?
Madge

Post by Madge »

The postman knew you needed your mail, obviously! Hahhaha :-)

And no, never tried to clear out a house after a flood. Floods don't really happen here (mostly because rain doesn't really happen here, either). Freezing temperatures don't, either, for that matter. (I think one year during winter it hit 0 or even like -1 C but that was a freak occurrence)
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I got my first card yesterday, from Katy! I think it would have been here a day or two sooner but it looks like the mailman delivered it to the wrong apartment at first. Oops!

Getting my cards sent out tomorrow so hopefully at least some of you get them before the holidays :)

EofS, I hope your house is a little less flooded now.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I accidentally posted this in last year's thread (which confused me to no end because all these people were posting about things and I was like, "I DIDN'T EVEN SEE THE NEW POSTS"):

I just got Katy's card today!!!! I was quite surprised to get it so soon!!!!! THANKYOU KATY, your note was lovely and also I remember you from back in the day! :-)

I'm actually a bit surprised that I got Katy's card in my far off land only a day after Seerow got hers! Did you send mine particularly early Katy or is Australia Post actually kind of fast or the US postal system kind of slow?

Yay! My cards are starting to arrive. :)

I got ridiculously excited about this so I sent them out rather early. I had also never sent anything internationally so I was slightly paranoid things wouldn't get there before the holidays. I didn't send yours earlier then the US ones Madge, so my assumption would lean that our postal system is rather slow. When I lived in Indianapolis, Indiana my stuff to get home to Denver, Colorado would take at least three days.

I did drop the cards off directly at the post office, as there is one real close to my work, so there is a chance that helped things. Maybe it got the international ones in the appropriate pile quickly. I also dropped them off in the middle of a bad snow storm, maybe they had less post that day. ;)
krbs86
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

I got katy's card! thank you. I posted mine last week, a little warning, I thought they would be folded in three parts but they didn't so I had barely any place to write.... I had to get creative.

I got my cards from Madge and Seerow today, and I love, love, LOVE them. :)
krbs86
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

We also got our card from Madge, so we've received from Madge and Katy so far :D yay! All of our stuff got 100% mailed today so keep your eyes out =)
Kari

Post by Kari »

I mailed everything out yesterday! So far I've gotten cards from Katy, Madge, and Seerow.
derp
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Mine all got sent out today! Hopefully they won't be too late. I've received Seerow's, Katy's, and Madge's already.