Just curious about AX

Non-neopets general discussion.

AX...

I have heard of it and I'm totally going..
3%
I have head of it and want to go...
5%
I've heard of it and don't care...
11%
I've never heard about it
82%

Total votes: 38

colbatdragon

Just curious about AX

Post by colbatdragon »

For those of you who don't know, AX is an anime convention held in Anaheim. CA.

(yeah, Disneyland's in that city. So is the Duck Pond and Angel's stadium, but anywho...)

Supposedly it's the most famous/largest anime con outside of Japan and I was just curious to see how many people have heard of it...:D

[edit]--It's this weekend, so that's why I'm curious :3
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

When I see AX, I always think of Armani Exchange :shock: ... I had no idea it was also an anime convention.
Twisted
Location: On the run from the thought police. With a big jar of Fizzy Fish.

Post by Twisted »

Well I wouldn't mind going but it's in America and I can't get hold of enough money to get a plane ticket short notice and tickets D:
I wouldn't mind going to an anime convention but they're pretty hard to get by in England. Or too far away to me-since I'm a minor and all.
It's meant to be pretty big this year-CLAMP's there :D
(if you guys don't know who CLAMP are, they're one of Japan's most elusive and popular manga creators, and created such series as Cardcaptor Sakura, Chobits, Tsubasa Resevoir Chronicle and so forth)
Returned for the moment...I guess.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

As an anime fan who lives in LA, of course I know of it. There are even ads on buses. Don't have much interest in going though, I prefer smaller cons. A lot of people I know are going though.

I may be at Angel's stadium over that weekend though, being that I am a rabid Angels fan ^-^
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nope, sorry, the only AX I've ever heard of was a small car made by Citroen in the 1980's. A friend of mine used to have one, and it was crap!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

I've heard of Anime Expo.... I wonder what license ADV's announcing; they're supposed to be announcing something big. And I hope Geneon has all the same postcards at AWA later this year; they're giving away some really niiice postcards this year at their booth....

Not sure if I want to go though; I do agree that it's unfair of them to have banned Man-Faye because he was wearing skimpy clothing, when women are allowed to wear the very same, and even skimpier, outfits.... Not that I could anytime soon, of course. :) It's all the way on the other side of the country.
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.
Kari

Post by Kari »

It'd be nice to go, but it's all the way on the other side of the country and I'm already going to Otakon :D

Besides, none of my cosplay is done.
derp
covet

Post by covet »

Paku Romi is going. Hopefully with a big stick with which to beat some talent into Vic Mignogna.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Sammi

Post by Sammi »

Paku Romi?! If only I lived in America... *cries* I think I'm being dragged to Amecon over here this summer, should be fun! *first convention, slightly scared*
Xiub

Post by Xiub »

Isnt Ax like a dehoderent for guys as well :D
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

That's Axe ;)

It's called Lynx over here, probably because Axe is a pretty stupid name for a deodorant (not that Lynx is actually much better, thinking about it).
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Just curious about AX

Post by Jessi »

colbatdragon wrote:For those of you who don't know, AX is an anime convention held in Anaheim. CA.

(yeah, Disneyland's in that city. So is the Duck Pond and Angel's stadium, but anywho...)

Supposedly it's the most famous/largest anime con outside of Japan and I was just curious to see how many people have heard of it...:D

[edit]--It's this weekend, so that's why I'm curious :3
Otakon is actually a LOT bigger than AX, one of the biggest cons in the world e_e Just wanted to clear that up.

I go to local cons. I hate big cons.
colbatdragon

Post by colbatdragon »

I recently found that out XD I'd never go to Otakon.

But I really do like big conventions, simple cause of the array of costumes/the large amount of merchandise to poke.

Axe is ebil. It smells awful.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

colbatdragon wrote:I recently found that out XD I'd never go to Otakon.
Actually e_e Otakon is the one big con I go to. I've gone near every year since I was in high school (..I'm out of college now. I'm OLD) except the past two due to other trips I've taken, and I love it. Its so big, that everyone is spread out and it has a great atmosphere. But anyway xD No urge to fly to California for AX, so that's that.
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

Oh wow. There's been some great licenses announced this weekend. I've been following the news at http://www.animeondvd.com and there's been interesting tidbits. Man, it's a surprise that Rightstuf picked up the second season of Super Gals. And I might have to start buying Newtypes again since they're going to try and have centerfolds of males. :mrgreen: Sweetness.
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.