Yes
32%
No
68%

Total votes: 28

Garrett

Warm Fuzzies?

Post by Garrett »

I was just thinking, we should do another round of warm fuzzies.

We haven't done them since about January-February and we have new members, so I think it would be a great way to encourage them that they are part of a community of nice people, and that people do like having you here. It is also just a great confidence booster when you receive them and you just feel so good inside.

I am going to put a poll up to see what the general consensus is among us. Also, I would like to run these again, if there are no takers.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I voted no, simply because I like the idea of them being a Christmas/Valentines Day thing. I mean, it doesn't really make sense to do them both since they're so close together, but I thought having them at Valentines Day was nice.

That isn't to say they should be strictly an annual thing, I just don't really like the idea of doing them randomly. The more we do them, the less meaningful they'll become. Too much of a good thing and all that.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Yeah, I voted no just because it seems a bit early. I'm never against warm fuzzies, but we might want to wait a while longer. I'm also of the mind that if we do them too much, they'll lose their spark. It's also quite a big task to take on, and I can't see many people wanting to have such a workload so to speak in the summer. x)

But yeah, ditto what Topher said. Plus people will run out of things to say if we do them too often. =P
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hmmm...is there a date between now and Christmas? I like Valentine's Day, but a second one a year isn't exactly overkill...Christmas and Valentine's Day, though, are just too close together. There are these forum anniversaries:
17th August- phpBB forum
mid-November- movable type system
4th January (even worse than Christmas)- this forum
but none are brilliant, apart from possibly mid-November. Thanksgiving then, too. (Thanksgiving is approximately the anniversary of getting mods and my birthday :P)
Deku

Post by Deku »

Didn't we do some on Thanksgiving last year? That wouldn't be bad.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

Which Thanksgiving? It isn't the same for everyone.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Deku

Post by Deku »

Um, it isn't? Er...whichever one the fuzzies were on last time. Enri did them, IIRC? I don't remember the date and I can't be bothered to find it right now (isn't it on the old forum?) but it was around August/September/October or something.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The Thanksgiving I mentioned in my post, presumably.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I like the November-Thanksgiving, too. November is a lovely month, wherein I have my birthday and get to eat turkey and potatoes.
Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yeah...shame we've never sailed off and gained independence from anyone, because I really like turkey. Why does Canada have Thanksgiving? Can we appropriate their justification for it?
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Yup, I don't think now is a good time either. We could send the fuzzies on Thanksgiving, although it might be tricky deciding which one, or we could send them on halloween? Thats a while away, and less close to December (warm fuzzy time again).
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Halloween would be a good time I think, it's a nice time of year to get the warm fuzzies :]
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Yes, I would like Halloween, too. And from Halloween to Valentines Day is almost half a year, so it's not too near each other.

Should we make this regular? Each year on Halloween and Valentines Day?
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Anza

Post by Anza »

Jazzy wrote:Why does Canada have Thanksgiving? Can we appropriate their justification for it?
AFAIK, Canadian Thanksgiving is giving thanks for good harvests. Which makes much more sense name-wise than the Pilgrims. 0.o Except for when the harvests are bad... yeah. And actually, I remember doing something in October/November in Scotland for Thanksgiving with my Girls Brigade, although all it really was more a bring-in-food-to-donate-to-homeless-people thing. I guess the idea is that if you have good harvests you can give some away to people who are starving. I think I brought in pasta...

Back on topic, I agree with everyone else here.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Anza wrote:
Jazzy wrote:Why does Canada have Thanksgiving? Can we appropriate their justification for it?
AFAIK, Canadian Thanksgiving is giving thanks for good harvests. Which makes much more sense name-wise than the Pilgrims.
I thought that was the Pilgrims' reason. The first Thanksgiving was way before independence, anyway.

I think that would be a good time for them. Right now seems too soon, and as has been said, it's better if there's a reason for them rather than just doing it whenever someone brings up the idea.