RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

After failing four times, I have an appointement for my formation project tomorrow morning =D

Yay!
Lolliruss

Post by Lolliruss »

I have written two paragraphs of my personal statement! I've still got a way to go, but it's a start, and such a relief to have got somewhere...
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Woe: I just spent 1 1/2 hours helping my little sister with 12 math problems. Just what I wanted to do right when I got home from work.
Image Image Image
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

WOE: FIRE at my apartment building!! I feel bad for the people whose apartment was affected. I am stying at my parents' house for a few days because I'm severely hypersensitive to various things...like smoke. My head hurts. Today has just been one sensory overload stabbity after another, and what a thing to top it off!

ACHIEVEMENT: Thankfully it was confined to only their bedroom, so the only problem with my place is the residual smoke. Aside from me and them, the other tenants are staying there. My hypersensitivity was what alerted me to the problem ("Burning odor?!? From the BATHROOM?!? Come on kitties we're leaving NOW!!"). It was also convenient that I had my dad drop me off at the apartment earlier today en route to see my sister. Previously, my parents didn't know where exactly I lived. Since I couldn't back out over the scorched debris thrown out the neighbors' apartment behind my car, there was no way I was driving out in my car. Dad came to pick me up. The kitties are staying with the neighbor across the street from where I picked them up in the first place.

I'm OK, but I have a nasty headache, and I don't know how else I'll be affected. But...YIKES. Chances are I won't be online much for the next few days. :P
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Woe: It's 1 in the morning. English homework's not done yet. This be boring crap right here. ;^; I'm so going to fail English. And I speak English. The hell?

Achievement: I bought a new koi a few weeks ago. It's still alive, strong and healthy. And the snails we got are so uglyly cute. It's a messily patterned tancho koi, so me and my sister both decided on Ichigo for a name. Shut up...

But I don't get to see my fish and snails again until October 5th. What an awesome B-Day present. I get to see all my pets again.

Oh. And Pirate Day was fun. 'Cept nobody talked like a pirate. Everyone just made sure to wear crossbones.
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Thanks, guys, I really appreciate your support. My grandma died last night; it turned out my mum was right to go to Germany and see her as quickly as she did.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Fjorab: I just read that in your LJ - holy crud. I'm glad you smelled it when you did and got you and the kittens out of there! *hugs* And of course I'm glad you're okay.

Jazzy - I'm so, so sorry *hugs tightly* If you need anything, let me know. You're in my thoughts.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

I'm so sorry Jazzy, you and your family are in my thoughts *sends hugs* I'll be sending healing thoughts your way.

Woe: My dad;'s brother and his family are coming to visit early next month -_-. This is a woe because we don't really like them and the youngest son is a hooligan of massive proportions {undisciplined kid with ADHD and Dyspraxia}. He might've calmed down, I dunno since I haven't seen him since he was... 5 {he's 9 1/2 now}. I'll give him a chance but if he starts playing up I'm bailing out, no way am I looking after him for a full four hours if he's going to be an idiot.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

Jazzy, I'm terribly sorry to hear that. Best wishes for you and your family.

My woe is tiny by comparison: My water heater died a month and a half ago and I have not yet been able to replace it. My hair looks fantastic, but my banged-up spine is miserable.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

oh Jenna, I'm so sorry, I'll be thinking of you and your family and you know I'm always here for you.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

*huggles Jazzy* I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family'll be in my thoughts.

Yay for me: I got a 29/30 on my stereotypes speech and I usually bomb on orals, so this is an amazing achievement for me.
KauKrazy

Post by KauKrazy »

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma too, Jazzy. It's awful to lose someone you loved.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Aw, I'm sorry Jazzy. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. ):
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Jazzy: I'm sorry and upset to hear about your Grandma. *hugs*
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother, Jazzy. :-( I'm glad your mother got to see her, though.

:hugs: