RL Achievements and ToW-split 2/16/09

Non-neopets general discussion.
Madge

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Madge »

Today was Prosh at my university. We all dressed up in hilarious costumes and sold satirical newspapers for charity. It was awesome. I wore a french maid outfit, and as such the only thing preventing people from seeing my arse were my black briefs. For some reason I had great success selling to middle-aged men. And there was a parade. And I only had 3 hours of sleep. It was so much fun though. It was the first one I ever attended and I'm glad I did, due to the aforementioned awesome.

In other news, my job sucks due to a change in management, but I am going to quit soon and will hopefully soon either be working as some form of adult-entertainer, or, more likely, in IT answering phone calls and giving tech support.

And I seem to actually understand the content that I'm studying at uni this semester. I know, I'm shocked, too.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Madge wrote:In other news, my job sucks due to a change in management, but I am going to quit soon and will hopefully soon either be working as some form of adult-entertainer, or, more likely, in IT answering phone calls and giving tech support.
Don't lose hope, there is a chance that person responsible for the suckiness will get drunk and crash their car, get arrested and subsequently be fired. Trust me it happens.

In other news my mom got a new job title and a raise that doubled her salary! Yay.
Image Image Image
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

...are those two connected? :P
EofS

Post by EofS »

Oh good, it wasn't just me who thought that.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Lol no, the first one was a personal experience lol.
Image Image Image
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I just cleaned out my hamsters cage (she's 2 in may/june) and it was the saddest thing ever. She wouldn't wake up when I first started, so I woke her up with some food and moved her to the cleanout cage. Her back left leg wasn't doing much so she just wobbled around a bit and fell over and just went to sleep again.
I've given her a whole bunch of warm bedding, so if she is on her way out - she'll be cosy.
:(
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

I woke up to an earthquake! I live in Indiana, so we don't get a lot of those here. I thought maybe there was just a train going by, but then I realized my entire bed was moving. Crazy!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Strawberry Limeade wrote:I woke up to an earthquake! I live in Indiana, so we don't get a lot of those here. I thought maybe there was just a train going by, but then I realized my entire bed was moving. Crazy!
Hehe me too! Being midwest my entire life, I've never been in one before so it was pretty exciting. Apparently it started in IL and was a 5.2/5.4, depending on the source you read.
See world, there is more then corn in Indiana, there are also earthquakes!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

I found my hamster dead this morning, in her bed - so she died in her sleep.
RIP Pixel
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Aww and such a cute name too. I hope that means she just died of old age then, and wasn't suffering.

I also felt the earthquake, apparently. I haven't seen nor heard anything about it till now, but I remember my bed shaking here in Ohio and thinking it was just a particularly loud and heavy train. The tracks are less than a mile from my house.

Also, I've discovered that they sell Koala's March in a grocery store here. AKA KOALA YUMMIES!!!! SQUEE!!!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Achievement: I will be gone for a whole week because I am going to Arizona to see my grandparents with my mom. We leave bright and EARLY tomorrow morning.

Woe: Today, we were wondering how things were going to work out for that because Mom's dear beautiful horse colicked really badly this morning, and she was not doing well at all. We were thinking that Galin might be getting better, but when the vet came to check up on her, her vital signs were actually going downhill...and the prognosis and chances for recovery were very grim. Everyone decided it was most dignified and humane to euthanize her. She had a good, full, spoiled life, ending with this past weekend's treat of the first green buffet of yard grass (a treat for our horses), and even during her suffering today she was gently patted by people who love her, and though dulled by the pain she was clearly appreciating the attention. RIP, Majaf Galin Sukkar (Beloved Sugar). We all loved that sweet little mare. Keep Mom and my now solitary horse in your thoughts (thankfully, of all our horses we've had, he's the one who deals best with solitude).
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Sorry to hear your bad news, Fjorab (and about your hamster Spivsy).. lots of people having a bad time with their pets at the moment, it seems :/
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

:) : I got my new computer and after a rough start (I got it from a government surplus sale and the IT guy had a bunch of restrictive stuff installed) it is up and running and I'm very happy!
Image Image Image
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

At 3:52pm this afternoon I officially finished my sophomore year of college. I hate Saturday finals.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

Wow. This is embarrassing. Now, most of you are a lot older than me (at least by five to twenty years, for most). Heck, some of you are even married. So, y'see, though I have a rather high intelligence level, that does not make me the most mature person out there. As such, whenever I do something involving a girl (like that one time, at band camp...) it's a big thing for me. And today was the first time I asked someone out.

She's a cute girl, but I've always known the difference between physical and mental attraction. I've known many cute girls, but I'm not going to ruin our friendships just because they're to my physical tastes. But as for this girl... when I found out how similar she was to me, I simply fell head-over-heels. We've been talking online for a while, and today... wow. Now, some of you have seen me online before, and realize how awkward I seem to act when I don't have time to think out what I want to say. I was sure she would think I was being coy or something. But she said yes. She said yes!

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have shared that with you all, but it just felt like it needed to come out.
EDIT: Thanks, Ty. I cannot express my joy in a better manner. ^.^
Last edited by nanabobo567 on 08 May 2008 03:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(