Hi Everyone!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Malishka

Hi Everyone!

Post by Malishka »

((Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.))

Hi everyone! I'm new here <3 Let me introduce myself. My name is Mel and I've been playing Neopets but about 3 years now. My favourite species is Draik, and my favourite colour is Royal and Darigan.

I loved playing Neopets though like everyone else, I really really really hate the redraws, ESPECIALLY the Darigan Draik. I've kind of lost some interest in Neopets because of that, but I keep myself on some tight knit communities which I love.

I used to spend my time zapping pets and repounding them (Reverse Gupping yay), but that has died since this whole pound being down for SIX MONTHS.

So anyway, nice to meet you all! <3
-- The Darigan Draik --
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

((No need to apologise!))

Welcome to Neocolours :) Enjoy your time here, but watch out - this place is addictive!

I can empathise with your loss of interest with Neo following a year when they've taken away huge fundamental chunks of the site a lot of us used to love to replace it with a system a lot of us don't care for - and then told us we asked for it! Still, I'm hoping they start to turn things around - Altador Cup and the plot were fun, there's the hope that emotion poses are returning, the site hasn't gone totally belly-up...

Anyway, *cough*, moving on... have fun!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Yuka

Post by Yuka »

Welcome! I sympathize completely about the neopets thing. :\ Hopefully things will be getting better soon.
Saphira

Post by Saphira »

Welcome! I think we're all feeling that way about neopets right now, thats why so many of us have started being more into Subetapets.

is there actually a possibility they'll bring the emotion poses back? A SHINING BEACON OF HOPE!
Malishka

Post by Malishka »

I never really got into Subeta. I tried but just never felt the same sort of passion :(
-- The Darigan Draik --
dandelions
Lily Was Here

Post by dandelions »

Welcome! I feel your pain about the zapping thing - I have three labs, and I kept two of those to do that. Though of course you can still zap and dump, you just can't have people adopt the pets.

However, I've never understood why Neopets losing all the emotion poses is always cited as a reason to go to Subeta, which never had them...
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

dandelions wrote:However, I've never understood why Neopets losing all the emotion poses is always cited as a reason to go to Subeta, which never had them...
I use it as an excuse because before, emotions gave Neopets the advantage. Now that they're on more even ground, Subeta's painfully superior art more than beats out the Neopets redraws.

And welcome, Malishka! :)
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

dandelions wrote:However, I've never understood why Neopets losing all the emotion poses is always cited as a reason to go to Subeta, which never had them...
I think that right now, the fact that Subeta pets can be in any pose they will allow is what I like about it, whereas only Mutant, Baby and Maraquan tend to have that now.

No pets on Subeta have "emotion poses" but some colours or species on there can show different emotions, I suppose that's nowhere near as good as good old Neopets when every pets had these by default. But until Neopets sorts out emotions I think Subeta wins it for me, at least if I want a snobby pet I can get a Glacier pet or if I wanted something angry looking I could try a Charlie.

In fact even when Neopets does give us these promised emotions, I'm not sure how satisfied I will be, I'm almost certain we wont be getting anything that isn't the "cookie cutter" standard we have right now, just a change of expression.

I really miss the days of innovative and exciting Neopets with all their battle poses that were good, or not so good (in the case of those Split pets that were rotated etc.).

Now when pet days come around I don't get excited at the thought of a Maraquan Xweetok, for example, as I pretty much know what to expect. Yet on Subeta there is still the excitement of seeing how the Angelic Torrent or the Angelic Escalade may turn out.

Basically I don't think the emotion poses were the only reason that people left, it was one of them though. I think the main reason I don't play as much is because the pets aren't up to the quality I was used to from Neopets, sure we can dress them, I'd rather have the old Neopets back and add clothing to their design, now that we've seen what allowing clothing involved doing to the artwork.

I am one of the few that feel Neopets didn't do this because they were listening to the users, they just needed another way to get money from those who were interested, kind of excluding those that didn't want to dress up their pets. (yes I am a hypocrite for dressing my Faerie Elephante in Royal Girl Elephante clothing) I don't hate Neopets in it's current state, I often enjoy trying on things at the NC Mall even, but it's nothing compared to before. On a typical day I will log-on, check the news, buy some stocks and then log-out again. Sad really since I could often spend all day on Neopets somehow.

EDIT: Oh geez, I turned this into a big Neopets Customisation thingy. Welcome to the site Malishka. :)