Neocolours Recipe Exchange?

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Neocolours Recipe Exchange?

Post by Jessi »

This is a topic I've wanted to make for quite a while, and never have xD Well, today I am! Hooray!

Would anyone be interested in having an NC recipe exchange? Anyone who wants to (or even doesn't want to XD) could submit a recipe - or two or six, or whatever - and we could all share the recipes? I'm always looking for new and exciting things to cook so this'd be good :D

I would be willing to put the recipes up organized on my webspace so people could view them in the future if they wished, and organize them into categories - like appetizers, main courses, salads, desserts, vegetarian, rat food (...), etc?

The most difficult about this, I think, will be the differences between UK foods and US foods, and measurements and what not. Luckily I'm used to talking to E and Daisy about foods (we talk about this a -lot-, actually xD) and I'm sure I could work out conversions to post as well.

So... yay? Nay? Stupid idea? Jessi is totally awesome? (Well, I am, but that's besides the point here). What does everyone think?
Kari

Re: Neocolours Recipe Exchange?

Post by Kari »

I'd like that. Living alone for the first time ever, I have trouble thinking of things to cook, especially healthy stuff. I usually end up with chicken breasts, chicken wings, frozen food, and ramen :?
derp
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Great idea! I love to cook, and am always looking for new ideas to test on *coughs* feed to my roommate.
Subeta
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I don't cook much (...or at all) but I'd be happy to look through the recipes my mom gave me and see if there's anything interesting. Neat idea.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I love this idea! I would request that people only post recipes they've actually tried (not just ones they like the sound of), but otherwise, I think it's great.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I like the idea :) I could always use some new recipes. I'll even share my peanut butter cookies and fattening but delicious meatloaf.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I think this is a lovely idea Jessi, not many people know but cooking is totally my secret passion.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I like the idea, and I have one or two recipes I could share. Measurements shouldn't be too hard; I found these conversion charts right away with a Google search, and I'm sure there are better ones out there. I sometimes use this calculator, too.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Actually google has a built in converter that can be used by using a simple formula. For example: "1 cup in ml" nets you "1 US cup = 236.588238 ml" or "1 Euro in USD" gets you "1 Euro = 1.4635 U.S. dollars". I love it and use it all the time.

Also, I am in support of a recipe exchange.
Image Image Image
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I think this sounds like a good idea. I think it might be fun to use some of your recipes and stuff. The thing is, I enjoy cooking but I'm not really good at coming up with my own recipes even though I've been properly doing Food Technology at school for the past four years or so. So is it a bit selfish of me to want to enjoy your recipes but not to submit any?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Google's converter is great and I use it for cups/oz, but it won't do cups to grams, because that differs based on what you're measuring (a cup of coconut weighs less than a cup of chocolate chips).
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

I'm in! I'll be moving out...well, sort of soonish, and I definitely want to be able to live on something other than toast and frozen pizza! Plus, I have recipies to share, so win-win.
danceu4ia

Post by danceu4ia »

do they have to be one's personal creations, or some great finds they love? ^^ I like to cook, but not create, if you know what I mean.
ImageImageImage
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

This is such a good idea. I love cooking and trying new recipes but I'm always a bit hesitant about trying ones that I just find in books or on the internet so I think this would work really well. And I definitely agree with the idea to only submit recipes that we've tried out.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Yes, this sounds like a really good idea -- I always need more stuff to cook -- and yes, we should only submit recipes that we've made and really liked.

We have to decide if we're allowed to post favorite recipes from cookbooks, or only old family favorites. Personally, I'm fine with posting recipes from cookbooks (dunno about other counties, but in US it's apparently not clear that recipes are protected by copyright). I get to see more good recipes that way (and maybe hear about some good cookbooks).