The first Desktop Thread of 2008!

Non-neopets general discussion.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

The first Desktop Thread of 2008!

Post by Jessi »

I wrote '2009' the first time. Nothing like jumping into the future!

We haven't had one of these since I think August of last year, so I figured we were about due for a new Desktop Thread anyway.

When I got my new computer a few weeks ago, I instantly set off to find a new Tactics desktop for me to use (actually, I was searching for the -old- one I used to use, since I can't find it anywhere and it's on my computer that died). I found this one, and even though it's quite busy, I love it!

Having Windows Vista on my laptop is frustrating, because the laptop is crap, but I quite enjoy having it here and am getting used to the way it looks xD I still like hardly any icons on my desktop though, haha. Just my art programs, a couple folders, and uh, Ragnarok Online of course (...and Sims, I guess).
Strawberry Limeade

Re: The first Desktop Thread of 2008!

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

A random mishmash of Italy stuff I threw together one night. My desktop has been Italy themed since I got back from my trip...a year and a half ago. If you're curious, it's a combo of the following:

Background - metro map, a wall covered with scratched writing, and the ceiling of St. Ignatius
Left side - door handle from San Giovanni, S.P.Q.R. is on everything in Rome
Right side - the Colloseum

I can't stand having a lot of icons on my desktop.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

A (slightly grainy) picture of the Tower Bridge I took in London, England, during my recent trip there. I'm no photographer, but for some reason I just love how this looks; I think various photos from England will be my desktop backgrounds until I next go on a great adventure.
Subeta
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

Firefly is awesome.

Jazzy is awesomer.
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

This is my normal desktop, my Ubuntu one:

And when I go into Windows, I've got this image as my desktop:
I think if that were my usual desktop, I wouldn't like to have her staring at me all the time, but I only see her when I go to use Painter so I don't mind her too much at the moment :)
Kari

Post by Kari »

My Windows has much desu:

My Mac has no desu, but the pic is still cool. Posting this made me realize that the Mac's only ever had an Ar tonelico themed desktop of some sort.:
derp
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Mine is a random tile from a clothing site I love, but I usually find myself using Threadless designs or Skins images.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

My desktops have been on a bit of a Final Fantasy kick for awhile. On my main computer, we have the wonderful Zidane, complete with ending of game spoilers!
And on my laptop, Tifa from Advent Children, because it's very hard to find good widescreen wallpapers and I was thrilled to find this one finally. Watch out, it's large!

I've been looking to get a cool Dissidia Zidane for my main, but they don't exist as far as I know so I'll have to make it and I'm lazy.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

ooh Joey, that Tifa one is awesome!
I love these threads, and Chitchat needs so life breathed into it too. I couldn't figure out how to do the fancy image-as-a-link thing without html, how do you do it?
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Let's see if this works.

Code: Select all

[url=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/joh-wee/Desktop-Laptop001.jpg][IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/joh-wee/Desktop-Laptop001-Small.jpg[/IMG][/url]
Is how I do it :D
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

What can I say? I love that stoat. My friend found it on Cute Overload or something, and I actually tracked down the original image so I could read the story behind it!

I like seeing which applications people have open, because I am nosy.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I bet you all are getting tried of looking at mine, I very rarely ever change it.
But there is something new! I got an iMac on Monday, so here's my pretty desktop, Mac version :)
Still getting the hang of my mac (it took me a few minutes to figure out how to take screenies heh).

Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Aw, the stoat's adorable ^^

Mine is currently an image by an amazing cat photographer,

It's so cute ^^ and makes me smile every day when I turn the computer on :D
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

One of my favorite local views with my favorite mountain as the focal point in this shot. There are also a few nifty trees, one of which is partially shown on the right. It's very zoomed-in. It's also washed-out due to the lighting that day. Photos can never do the scene any justice. :-) You can kind-of tell which programs I use and want to keep handy. Actual screen resolution 1440x900. *pats big wide flat screen*

With the dusting of snow we've had, I was disappointed that this mountain didn't have enough significant snow to photograph yesterday or today. But some of our taller mountains sure did! I shall try to go take pictures tomorrow.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

*sweatdrop*
I've really gotta start organizing my stuff more.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(