Off to Cambodia! EDIT: Back, with photos ^^

Non-neopets general discussion.
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Off to Cambodia! EDIT: Back, with photos ^^

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm going on holiday to Cambodia for two weeks tomorrow! So I won't be around, I doubt there will be any internet access there. See you guys soon!
I'll take lots of pictures ^^ should be some very nice wildlife there!
Last edited by hebdenhippy on 02 Jul 2008 08:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Off to Cambodia!

Post by Seerow »

Ohhhh have fun in Cambodia! That always sounded like a fun place to visit :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I'd feel bad for weeks if I didn't link to This, but I do hope you have a great trip!
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

^ best song ever
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm back! And had a very nice time. Cambodia is such an interesting place, and we also went to Singapore, which was gorgeous! I took a gazillion photos, but I'll just post a few of my favourites,

We visited the famous "floating village" and the houses really do float, it was amazing, they had floating shops, schools, restaurants, even a small zoo (just fish and crocodiles). This is one of the photos I took, there were a lot of children living there, but I thought this kid was especially cute ^^ As well as Cambodians, there were also a lot of Korean and Vietnamese people living in the village, I took this photo, which shows a Vietnamese woman (you can tell by the hat, loads of people in Vietnam wear them).

Where we were staying was quite near the Angkor Wat temple, which was amazing, it was in amazing condition considering how old the temple is. This shows the walkway leading up to the main gate. These lion things were everywhere, I think they're something to do with Hinduism, because the temple was built in a time where everyone was Hindu, but since it has been mainly converted to Buddhism.

Most of the people in Cambodia are extremely poor, these were the kind of houses some people lived in :(

For the last couple of days we visited Singapore, which is the most gorgeous city I've ever been to (I know it's actually a country, but the whole thing is just one city). It was so modern and clean! We visited Singapore Zoo, which was easily the best zoo I had ever been too. They had free roaming orangutans! This and this are just two of the many orangutan pictures I took ^^ They also had white tigers :D

And finally this is me with a cat at the hotel, I named him Eric ^^
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Off to Cambodia! EDIT: Back, with photos ^^

Post by Jessi »

Welcome back, Rachel! :D It's good to see you - I'm glad you had such a wonderful trip, it sounds amazing!
Monkeyguy

Re: Off to Cambodia! EDIT: Back, with photos ^^

Post by Monkeyguy »

Wow, those pictures are all very beautiful. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip :)
Image Image Image