Beggin' for Werewolf

Non-neopets general discussion.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Beggin' for Werewolf

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I know a few of you have now been singled out by me while I reconstruct my instant messenger friends list. (Feel free to drop me a line if you want to be on my list; I use Trillian so I have most of the major IMs).

Anyway, at least two of the people I've recently bugged for screenname clarification got me into Werewolf talk.

It's been a long time since we've played Werewolf, so I'm shamelessly begging for someone to set up and run one.

I would run one, but there's no way I'd have the skill or time to properly run one. Playing, though, I'm itching for. :)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Re: Beggin' for Werewolf

Post by Joey »

I batted this idea around awhile ago...

Firefly Werewolf

:D
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Joey wrote:I batted this idea around awhile ago...

Firefly Werewolf

:D
The issue with Firefly 'wolf would be the slight dearth of playable characters. Once you've got the crew and the handful of memorable villains out of the way, I'm not sure who remains to be used as a role.

Ah, who am I kidding? The theme could be polka-dotted weasels for all I care; I just want a new 'wolf game, sooner than later.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Honestly, I am really interested in running a sequel to my Werewolf game from last September (! that long ago already!), but I figured people wouldn't want to play two Pokemon based WWs in a row. I've been holding off on it for that reason; I thought it'd be good to get another game or two in first before I host another Pokemon one.

That being said, if people were interested in playing it, I'd love to get it set up and perhaps run it in July. My problem is, if I don't run a game in July, I'm going to have to wait until October and the wedding is over.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I've never been involved in a WW before, but last year Joey and Pennylane9 were talking about how fun they were in Maplestory. I've been waiting for one ever since and thought I must have just missed them again, but it seems I haven't. I'd be interested in signing up for one, pokemon theme or no :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Hmmm... now my exams are over, I've been thinking about hosting my Werewolf, originally planned for both another forum and here, here second. The only thing is that I am looking for around 30 players minimum, which erm, I am unsure that I will be able to find. I suppose I could cut it down slightly, but I don't really know how much demand still exists. Perhaps I will write it for the other forum first (which is currently, rather sadly, struggling with only 15 signups out for 28 for a game) and remain optimistic.

In summary, I might host one. :P
Subeta: Thomas
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Joey, you should see how many people would play a FF WW. As always in WW, you don't need just named characters; there's a lot of variety you can add by including things like "Alliance Captain" and "blue-handed men" and maybe a few "Reavers." They don't all need names. ^_~ (And like Tom said, there might not be a need for three dozen slots, etc.)
Image Image
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Tom wrote:Hmmm... now my exams are over, I've been thinking about hosting my Werewolf, originally planned for both another forum and here, here second. The only thing is that I am looking for around 30 players minimum, which erm, I am unsure that I will be able to find. I suppose I could cut it down slightly, but I don't really know how much demand still exists. Perhaps I will write it for the other forum first (which is currently, rather sadly, struggling with only 15 signups out for 28 for a game) and remain optimistic.

From what I understand, if you build it and make enough noise around other keen 'wolf forums, they will come, NCers or not. Didn't we once have Kugetsu here even?
Seerow wrote:I've never been involved in a WW before, but last year Joey and Pennylane9 were talking about how fun they were in Maplestory.
Werewolf is the awesomeness. As a newbie, be sure to watch yourself for the first few nights-- I don't want you missing most of your first game the way I did. When the time comes, I don't mind showing you the ropes a bit, whatever team you end up being on.

*looks round at thread with a happy smile* Yay, Werewolf. Life is so much more fun when you're being killed in interesting ways every other night.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Gibblywibbly

Post by Gibblywibbly »

I concur with the "More Werewolf Right Now" sentiment.

I'd do it, but I'm scatterbrained, forget things, and have no ideas.
Miltank is the coolest pokemon.
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

I've been batting the idea of a Firefly Werewolf around with a few people, and as Ty said - once you start adding Reavers and Alliance, you really don't need to worry about the lack of named characters. Unfortunately I'm disappearing to Sweden for a couple of weeks in te next couple of days, else I'd offer to help put one together with someone. I'm not in a position to run one, I'm afraid.
Many thanks to EofS for the avatar and signature images.
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

AngharadTy wrote:Joey, you should see how many people would play a FF WW. As always in WW, you don't need just named characters; there's a lot of variety you can add by including things like "Alliance Captain" and "blue-handed men" and maybe a few "Reavers." They don't all need names. ^_~ (And like Tom said, there might not be a need for three dozen slots, etc.)
To be honest, I'm really just throwing the idea out there in hopes that it will spark inspiration in someone who actually wants to do some work. I'm still a newbie to werewolf so I highly doubt I could run one.

I wouldn't mind doing another pokemon themed one, of course :D
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

Rainbow Daydreamer wrote:
Tom wrote:Hmmm... now my exams are over, I've been thinking about hosting my Werewolf, originally planned for both another forum and here, here second. The only thing is that I am looking for around 30 players minimum, which erm, I am unsure that I will be able to find. I suppose I could cut it down slightly, but I don't really know how much demand still exists. Perhaps I will write it for the other forum first (which is currently, rather sadly, struggling with only 15 signups out for 28 for a game) and remain optimistic.

From what I understand, if you build it and make enough noise around other keen 'wolf forums, they will come, NCers or not. Didn't we once have Kugetsu here even?
True, true, alas, my concern would be that, well, the majority will have played the game already on the other forum. There are a few... surprises I'd wish to employ, and it wouldn't really be the same playing it for a second time. Still, I am feeling inspired at the moment, so am writing up some more ideas. ;P
Subeta: Thomas
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

I'm interested in PolkaDot WeaselWolf (wait... that wasn't a serious suggestion?). Seriously, a Firefly, Pokemon, HP (Harry Potter, not Hewlett Packard.. hmm, there again...) even Neopet... any NC WW is good :D
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Me and Caz (Mac) have been planning/working on a Super Smash Bros WW for sometime, now my exams are over I'd really love to do it, I'm just so nervous I would let everyone down with a shit one.
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

Someone make a heroes werewolf >=(