RL Achievements and ToW

Non-neopets general discussion.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: RL Achievements and ToW

Post by Seerow »

We've had a bit of snow for the past few days. Nothing really noteworthy, but I have to scrap off my windshield in the morning. Luckily after the huge blizzard we had two years ago, the city is much better about getting salt and such down pretty quickly in most places. Hopefully it'll stick around for Christmas, but knowing Indiana, I won't be surprised it it's suddenly 50 degrees out :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Faun

Post by Faun »

heh. on our last day of school before christmas, It snowed. you should have seen the look on our science teachers face, he's from Australia, and he;s never seen snow before. he was so exited. and ive changed my mind about the snow, its fun until it turns to ice. I cant even remember how many times ive fallen over today!
Neopets || Subeta
formerly known as fluffy-emo-wolf
Tumblr ||Twitter
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

I wonder if we should change this thread title to Achievements and Tales of Snow xD Or split it off maybe? I just woke up so I don't trust myself to do it just yet.

It looks kind of gloomy here, it might rain. I should probably close my car's sun roof just in case.
Alecko
Human Avatar: 267595

Post by Alecko »

It snowed a little in town on Saturday but as I was driving into work today, the countryside was getting whiter and whiter. Bloody cold. ._. There was also a nice patch of ice right outside the entrance -which was there when everything froze over at the beginning of the year- and which I did remember was there before...but didn't stop me from having to waste five minutes digging my car out from the slush at the side of the road.

It's meant to clear up in the next few days, though, which is good. If it snows Christmas Day I may actually cry.

Non related snow woe: I've had problems with the keys randomly sticking on this laptop since I bought it. They tend to return to normal after a short time (no doubt because I'm bashing so hard at them to type), but it's annoying. Now it's the turn of the e and n keys and I'm realising just how much I use these letters because I keep looking at things I've typed and it seems every other word has things missing.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Tales of Snow:

Please meet Timmie. Timmie was created in half an hour that was probably better spent on doing the dishes or cleaning my desk. Oh, well.
Timmie lives in my window (on the outside) And is probably going to move to the freezer if it stops freezing!
Spoiler: open/close
EofS

Post by EofS »

Marah, that is possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love his little orange skin nose. The snow here is useless to do anything with - very powdery and very frozen.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Timmie is really cute Marah! I should make a snow man some time.

I live in Canada so we be shocked if we didn't get snow. Just this year we got snow late. Last year we got snow as soon as November hit. This year it didn't come till December. And boy did it come. We got a good couple feet in two days, so it sure made up for it's lost time. I'll show you a couple pics of our back yard for your viewing pleasure.
Spoiler: open/close
Our back porch. We shoveled it off after this pic, afraid if more came it could break the porch.
Trees in our back yard. I just love the way snow looks clung to tree branches.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Madge

Post by Madge »

On my bank's password policy, I got rid of my "OMG SUPER SECURE PASSWORD NOBODY WILL EVER CRACK" and instead made it a password I will actually remember. It's still too long for bankwest so whatever!

In other news I had my first derby training session today! I need knee pads!

And hot weather sucks. It's kind of cool tonight which is awesome though.

Working at the user account help desk at UWA is pretty funny. Students will often whinge about the password policy (7 characters minimum, 1 each of upper/lower/number, you can't change it to be the same as one of your previous 5 passwords, you must change it every 6 months). The reason it is the way it is is thanks to the IEEE who write the standards for password security. If the university doesn't meet those standards, we lose a shitton of government funding, and sucks to be the students.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

MAJOR Achievements for Jessi!

I got all of my test results back today - from my two MRIs (one of the neck, one of the brain) and my three other neurologist tests.

Everything came back 100% normal! No tumors, no cancer, no signs of MS, nothing abnormal what-so-ever. Turns out I really did just have Bell's Palsy - which is about 95% gone now!
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Yay Jessi, glad to hear it! Just in time for Christmas :-)

Marah, that's the cutest snowman I've ever seen!
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Marah

Post by Marah »

Thanks everybody, Timmie has been relocated to the freezer waiting for the temperature to drop again!

Jessi, that is so great, congratulations!
EofS

Post by EofS »

Timmie!
Marah

Post by Marah »

Oh, I need that! What is it called?
EofS

Post by EofS »

It was released in the news today. Url is Tiny Snowman, so possibly that?

When it turns up I'm sure jellyneo will update here.
Arviragus

Post by Arviragus »

Who wants snow? I have lots to spare; we've had over 3 feet of the white stuff so far this December and, coupling that with the -40 degree weather we had last week (random trivia: -40 is -40, whether Fahrenheit or Celsius. This is the only temperature that this holds true at) this has been the harshest December I can remember. Fantastic snowboarding conditions aside, I'm getting really tired of having to dig out my car every morning before work. I put my kitten out on my balcony in the snow to see what he would do and just the stuff that got blown up there came to over his head height. Needless to say, he was less than amused.
Subeta