Steamwork Pets

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Re: Steamwork Pets

Post by Jessi »

FMD is the new Lasirus artist, guys :D So you should see more lasiruses in the future instead of having to wait a year in between... I hope xD;

I love the leather wings on this guy, sooo much texture, and the shading on the ruff is wonderful!
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

Well, having seen quite a few of these now, I feel I can suss out my thoughts and voice an opinion. Honestly, on a basic level these pets don't appeal to me. Steampunk is a style that is very hit-or-miss with me, and these steampunkish (made up word ftw?) are more on the miss side. I'm glad that for the most part these are supposed to be built, but I think they throw me off as I like my pets, even virtual ones, to be flesh and blood. Its why I don't like say, snow pets on neopets.

Having said that though, my gosh is there some amazing quality of art in these things. Even if I can't appreciate them for myself, the textures and shading and general details on these pets are amazing.

So no, Mew, you're not the only one. I'll go sit in the banishment corner with you. At least from afar I can appreciate the quality, if not the sentiment of the pets.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Kanis: This is quiet cute. I like the horn for the ear. The pocket watch is a nice touch. And I just love how the legs look like they can easily bounce around.

Jollin: Boy that tail must of taken forever. o.O Such detail, I love it! And I just love the begging pose. It remind me of my mom's dog that does the same exact pose. XD

Lasirus: Yay for Lindsey taking them over! I know she'll do a good job with them. ^-^ This one just proves it. I'm loving the leather wings and it's eyes. The eyes look like they could have night vision ability.

Dang these steamwork pets are turning out nice. I'm even liking the pets I usual don't like in these colours, damn it. XD
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Haken

Post by Haken »

Looks like the steamwork charlie is now available too :D

Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Charlies in general creep me out, so I'm not surprised that I'm not overly fond of this one. The front paws look really small and I don't like the muzzle.
For what it's worth though, the sort of glass looking back feet and wings are nicely done.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I'm not a fan of charlies. There are only a couple I really like. The others I'm just meh on. The steamwork one is nice. I like some of the details (the chimney on it's head, the spikes and the eye shutters). But other then that I'm kinda meh on it.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Enriana
Human Avatar: 155464

Post by Enriana »

I love Charlies - Angelic is amazing, and my Spectrum one is one of my favourite pets - but this Charlie I'm not a fan of. I think it's the angle and the proportions of everything - as someone else said, it's all very hit-or-miss. I love that Steampunk exists as a colour, and I think the artists are doing an amazing job with such intricate work.

Like Glade, there's always the worry of pets getting too busy - which can happen, trying to fit detail into such a small space - but the artists are doing well with it. Can't wait to see more, most definitely.

And I can totally seeing myself owning the Jollin. Definitely going on my pet wishlist.
Vertalus

Post by Vertalus »

Darkonite is out now.

I'm biased since is my favorite subeta pet. Kudos to who drew it!
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Looks like the swampie got overlooked by us. :P It was announced on the 13th.

AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I think it got overlooked because we're in that stage of "Do I post to the big thread or make a new post? How long do I wait? Maybe I just won't do anything!"

For the record, people can post new threads about pets anytime after this point. I give permission.

I like the swampie's neck. And the darkonite is pretty cool! I'm glad to see a new darkonite, because I love the species.
Image Image
Sarivonne

Post by Sarivonne »

I want to like that swampie because it looks so lovely and detailed but I cant get over how much white space is left over. It feels small.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I can't help but see the darkonite's face as one big collage of flat parts laid on top of one another. Like, if I were to look at it from a side view, it'd only be about 2-3 inches thick.

I like the swampie and its drills.
Haken

Post by Haken »

I too like how they made the swampies neck, but I agree that there is too much white space. It's still very nice though, I like how it seems sorta like in those movies where the under water sea creature is looking at you curiously X3

The Darkonite is nice. The details are nice but I am still debating whether I like the face or not. Something about it looks rather strange to me. Particularly with the mouth. But then again I'm sure that's how they would look if these were real steampets XP
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Swampie has a lot of nice detailing, especially on the neck and tail, the caged effect is quite neat. I'm not a fan of the fins though, the shading makes them look lumpyish.

I don't really like Darkonites as a species so this does nothing to change my opinion. The back end is neat and I rather like the braided rope tails, however I'm not a fan of the front end.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

i really want to like the Darkonite, but the front legs are throwing me off, especially the right one, and the muzzle looks off. But the hind end and the tails are awesome! 8/10

The Swampie I love - however, I see the fins as lumps of flesh that have been encased in metal. 9/10
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.