New pet - Bhakoru

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

New pet - Bhakoru

Post by Seerow »

New pet was released alongside the plot prizes. Too get one you need to click on the crystal on the prize page and there you can either create a new pet or morph one of your current pets.

ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

I really like it and made one straight away! I think Common might be my favorite actually though Dusk and Lilac hold a close second. I am really looking forward to the redraws on this guy.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Re: New pet - Bhakoru

Post by Huggles »

Dinosaur! I like it! It's a bit sweet and doe-eyed, but I think bloodred could fix that for me. I made my 84 into one because I had nothing better to do and I'm not sure when I can get another GA medal to use my pet slot totem. I think I prefer the crest on the orange and blue ones the most. Yeah, I forgot my Subeta colors. What of it?
Goldenchaos

Post by Goldenchaos »

Oh, I didnt know you could morph a pet into one of these. I hope this will stay an open option.
Image Image
ImageImage
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I'm not sure how true this is, but on the forum I read you can only obtain one of these if you received a bronze trophy or higher from the plot.

I love the new species. I'm debating whether I should turn a pet into one of these; I might wait to see what some of the redraws look like.

Edit: Oh whatever. :P
Congratulations!
You've successfully morphed Grendel into a Bhakoru!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

This pet has done something that I have never experienced before: the sun variety is my favorite. By a lot. I love the markings so very much.
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

!!!! I don't even play Subeta yet I kind of want one of these. Protoceratops is an under appreciated dinosaur if there ever was one. But can I afford to have another pet site steal my very soul?
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Yes, because on this one, you can buy cash shop stuff with site points. Unless you mean in time spent. Then no. No one can afford this. ;)
Image Image
Runic

Post by Runic »

That's kinda unfair that the species is only obtainable for people who did the plot.
I don't play the site, but to me, that sounds rather....eh. I guess that's what people get who don't do the plot steps, but still. =/
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Yeah, that kind of rubs me the wrong way, too. But it's possible these pets will be available through the Adoption Center (unlike, say, Hydrus-colored pets, which revert back to their common coloring when abandoned), so they won't be completely unobtainable to other players.

And I also really, really like Sun. I haven't liked a Sun-colored pet this much since the original Sun Demi. If Grendel wasn't supposed to be green I'd have already changed her color.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't really think it's... unfair. It's meant to be a plot prize. There are always ways to get pets - for example, you CAN get a bumbus without entering the blue building, but it's going to be more difficult than earning a way into the blue building yourself. My hope is maybe in the future they'll permanently open the puzzles so anyone can do them to earn their way in, but it's no different than say, an Ice Bori on Neopets - which was only obtainable through a plot and is impossible to get any other way now, even through transfers since they turn to blue. I think it's kind of neat that one of the prizes was a unique pet.

Also, Ty, I agree with you - the Sun is gorgeous and really one of the only Sun pets on site I like. I kind of want one of these and have no idea what to do with a dinosaur ;_; Must brainstorm!
Madge

Post by Madge »

The Ice Bori was actually worse - it was a prize for installing the neopets yahoo toolbar thing on your web browser :P
Runic

Post by Runic »

I'm not here to argue with you, but I did say that "I guess that's what people get who don't do the plot steps". I'm not saying "To hell with Subeta!" over a puzzle/plot. xD
It's an okay pet, and like I said, I don't play that site anymore for my own personal reasons, but congrats to those who did get the pet. I just wonder if this plot will be like the Altador mini-plot on Neo, and how it's remained available for users for, what, 4-5 years now?
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oh gosh this is so cute! My inner dinosaur junkie squeed. I never would have guess the plot would have given us a new pet. Bean did a great job on this! I can't believe it but I like it in all colours, even my least favorite colours. o.O That's saying something, heh. I so can't wait to see the redraws this gets. To bad it doesn't fit any of my characters (plus I have no room anyhow). So I shall stare and admire from afar.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I...honestly don't like it that much. The shading looks light enough that the entire pet strikes me as flat, and the colors seem bland to me. I wouldn't mind seeing what the redraws look like, though.
Officer 1BDI

Post by Officer 1BDI »

The artist posted the backstory of the Bhakoru on her dA account here, explaining why the pet's associated with the plot and why it's based off a particular dinosaur.

(She also did a significant amount of the gorgeous plot-related artwork, so be sure to check out the rest of her gallery.)