GY Illumis, Pherret and GY Chai Revamp

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Iggy

GY Illumis, Pherret and GY Chai Revamp

Post by Iggy »

ImageImage

Interesting enough, these two additions make it that the GY color is now complete. Of course, several GY pets might be revamped.

The Illumis is my favorite. With the pins and the decay on the wings, it's brillant.
The Pherret is just...there. It looks like a rug, or a shawl which...isn't really good. It's not the liveliest of the GY pets.

Finally, a revamp
ImageImage

The execution was updated, but the concept stays the same. The leg in the bear trap looks even worse off. It's alright, I guess the revamp was somewhat needed
EllaRedFox

Re: GY Illumis, Pherret and GY Chai Revamp

Post by EllaRedFox »

Iggy wrote:It's not the liveliest of the GY pets.
Thought they were supposed to be dead? ;)
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I love the way someone on staff (I HONESTLY CAN'T REMEMBER WHO XD Maybe Gemma? I don't know!) described the Pherret, actually - like it died, and a Zombie just happened to walk past it and say "Wow, that's awesome!" and toss it around their neck as a stole XD it amuses me.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

EllaRedFox wrote:
Iggy wrote:It's not the liveliest of the GY pets.
Thought they were supposed to be dead? ;)
Undead.

It just looks dead. Like, just a corpse.
It's dead and, unlike most other GY pets, it never came back. Too passive, too stiff. I'm not sure what I dislike about it, but I don't like it.

And hell yes to the shawl comment. I wouldn't wear it, though!

But yes, it does look more like a fashion accessory than an actual pet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I'm pretty sure that was the point -- it was supposed to look like a fur stole.

I couldn't see it moving very well, but it looks undead enough to me... undead and horrified that it's stiff/flat and being used as a fashion accessory!
Bif

Post by Bif »

Cranberry wrote:I'm pretty sure that was the point -- it was supposed to look like a fur stole.

I couldn't see it moving very well, but it looks undead enough to me... undead and horrified that it's stiff/flat and being used as a fashion accessory!
This was exactly my thought, I think it's supposed to be one of these:
Spoiler: open/close
I LOVE the Illumis, I love that it looks like it pulled itself off of an entomology display and is pissed off about being pinned down. I also love how it looks like it just tore that wing pin out like it was no big deal.
Spoiler: open/close
ETA: The Chai's foot pad is a broken heart! That's so cool.
RNA
Human Avatar: 261756

Post by RNA »

The Pherret and Illumis look good. Oh, I thought they were Voodoo pins. Love the curly mane though.

The Graveyard Chai lost something. I liked how on the old one, the antennae were bent and branched. I'm not a fan of how Chai ears seem to be quite thin and attached to the back of the head. Something about the shading is off, like I'm looking at a smooshed towel where the belly and leg junction is supposed to be.
ImageImage