Hydrus Endeavor and Bhakoru

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Hydrus Endeavor and Bhakoru

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage

While I enjoy the clean style of both pets, the Endeavor could really use some more dramatic shading to help a viewer tell what is going on...I thought its left leg was its right arm at first (and was going to have in my comment "I have no idea what its right arm is leaning on" until I looked at it again). The entire body looks awkward, and I think some better shading or more natural posing (which I'd imagine is hard with something as space-filling as the Endeavor!) would make it look better. It looks a bit jumbled as is. The Bhakoru looks cool, not really into that pet but it looks good, ahahaha.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Hydrus Endeavor and Bhakoru

Post by Seerow »

It's nice to see another Bhakoru on the site and this one is pretty good. I think the brown could have been broken up some more, maybe add some more coral or something. I do really like how the head was done, it looks great.

I agree with the above on the Endeavor. I look at it and keep thinking it's a Cadagore or something, I I just can't see Endeavor at all. The pose is really really hard to figure out and he just looks like a big brown blah unfortunately. I do really like the end of the tail though, I think that's a cure touch.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

I, too, was bewildered by the Endeavor (first reaction: 'Don't we already have a Hydrus Cadogre...?') I get that the Endeavor's posing options are... kind of limited, but this just plain does not work. (That, and I find the metal parts in the wings flopping about incredibly distracting. It's as silly-looking as boneless legs on an organic pet would be. The flexible tail at least gets a pass, because it's always been in the design, and anyway you could just assume it was jointed like the rest of the spine. But sheesh, this is not how metal works! It's Hydrus, the wing spines could have been wicked robot tentacles and I'd have been delighted.)

I was ambivalent about the Bhakoru until I realized that its frill is a horseshoe crab. That's awesome, 'nuff said.

(Incidentally, has Merana always had the Jamaican accent? I feel like this is a new thing. Very odd sort of a retcon, if it is one.)
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It is a retcon and it does make me cringe every time. And I love that accent normally. I think she started talking like that during the big Omen event some time ago? But she definitely did not have that speech style before.
Image Image