Noktoa

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Aqua

Noktoa

Post by Aqua »

Yay, an owl pet. :D

Here are the rest of the colours: http://www.subetalodge.org/pets_full/species/Noktoa
Griffin
Human Avatar: 156329

Re: Noktoa

Post by Griffin »

a new pet? o rly?

It is great. Lots of potential, I could see myself getting one. My only nitpicks are that I feel the Common is washed out and I don't care for the ruff spots. Something about the color balance bugs me, but that's what overlays are for.
I think Dusk is the nicest fill:
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

Funny, I like the common colours a lot. I think they are soft and a bit natural. :D
My only lesser points in general are the moon on the forehead and the nailpolish like spots on the end of the wingfeathers. The moonspot seems so ... cliché to me. Other than that lovely pet, can't wait for some redraws!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I don't know... I really want to like it, but it it seems awfully flat somehow.

I think Twilight is my favorite.

lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

It's lovely. Common is my favorite. I noticed that arid doesn't use the red/pink accent color on the wings - which I think makes it better.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Sunwolf
Human Avatar: 36334

Post by Sunwolf »

It seems to have very thin lineart, something that I thought that Subeta was against. Oh well, I LOVE this pet!

By the way, when did the Subeta rating pet colors system get broken? I miss it.
My computer is connected to the internet and the internet contains everything in the whole wide world ever. I don't know about you but I sometimes find everything in the whole wide world ever a bit distracting.
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I agree with Wings. I want to like this species (because OWLS), but something about the shading is very flat. I think all the spots add to/cause that? I really dislike the ones on the wings. They look more like growths than patterns, I'm guessing because they're outlined. I don't mind the ones on the ruff as much, but I don't think they add anything. The forehead moon is a bit cliche, as Marah mentioned, but I kind of like it anyway. The antlers and face are pretty cute.

I'm hopeful that I'll connect to the redraws a little more. Glacier could be really pretty.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

OoooooOOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOOh (no pun intended)

A realistic-looking, non-cutesy owl pet? YES PLEASE.

Funny how this happens right after I rewrite all of my pets, ahahahaha.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I kinda like this guy but I don't see myself owning one. The concept is great and I love the face, antlers, and feet. I can't seem to pinpoint what exactly I don't like about the wings, but I think the outlined spots as Ierosbats mentioned might be the root of it. Great concept and color matching on them all so excited to see how this translates into redraws.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Post by Tom »

The art is fantastic on these, definitely. But they really feel flat to me, too. I just wish they were more dynamic; but of course I'm looking forward to the redraws, considering Alyssa's work on the Lain didn't disappoint.
Subeta: Thomas
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Goodness, I LOVE these. This is exactly the kind of creature I wanted to make Starwind. And now we have one! I can't wait until the elixir prices drop and I can morph her. The colors are rather muted on them, but I think they look nice. Shading could stand to be a bit darker, but overall these are really lovely.