Steamwork Devonti and Torrent

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Steamwork Devonti and Torrent

Post by Silverevilchao »

ImageImage

The Steamworks pets continue...the Devonti looks way too close to a Sheeta, IMO.
Runic

Re: Steamwork Devonti and Torrent

Post by Runic »

Maybe it's just a matter of personal taste, but I feel like the shading on these two is incredibly flat and bareboned in texture.
Don't get me wrong, these are both great additions, but something just appears off to my eyes.

I love the cross-stitch texture on the Torrent's tail fins, but I think it would have benefited it better if there was another layer of darker shading, to give it more depth. The one tail fin that's farthest away, in theory, shouldn't that be much darker? The Torrent's body and the other two fins would cast a shadow, no?
I'm not an art expert by any means, but I really think there should have been one more layer of darker shadows.

The Devonti...I want to like it. I love rams, I love action poses like this. But I think a pose like this would have been better if it were a different colour. Steamwork is just one of those hit-or-miss colours, I find.

The back legs on this guy really bother me. It looks like it's gotta go to the bathroom but trying to hold it, like a little kid would or something. The front legs are better, thankfully. I love the steam in the background and the wires to represent its wool.

It's not terrible, in fact neither are at all! But they do feel a bit "meh", when compared to a few of the other new SW pets, like the Tigrean, Neela and Illumis, are rich and vibrant.