This month's galactic pets (now plus 5 more)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

This month's galactic pets (now plus 5 more)

Post by Wingsrising »

The assortment so far:

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hmm. I'm disappointed by the Archan: it had a lot of potential but this one almost looks drugged, or as though he was knocked out after a fight or something. The Montre appears to be winking. I don't know that there's anything wrong with it artwise but it lacks the dignity I usually associate with Montres, particularly with the pudgy belly.

I have no strong opinions on the other two as they're not species I care about very much.
Last edited by Wingsrising on 06 Jul 2007 06:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anubimon

Post by Anubimon »

I was hoping the Montre would be awesome since it's one of my favorites, but I'm disappointed in it. The pose, the winking, I just don't like it. Which is sad, because I think the Galactic colors really compliment it.
I think the Wyllop looks really good. I'm not a fan of Wyllops at all, but the Galactic is great.
Terracoon is all right. Archan I don't care for.
The balls of evil are never safe from the steel-toed boot of JUSTICE!!!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

Thinking about it again, I think the Wyllop is the nicest of the four. I don't really care about Wyllops much but the pose is very elegant.
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I really like the Wyllop and the Terracoon's Galactic versions! Even without the Galacticness, the redraws are particularly nice. I've been looking for an excuse to pound Fayelia (Sun Montre) for something else, and I just might do it for either of those..

I'm really disappointed in the Montre, though. The rear feet look like rabbit feet for some reason? And the "kawaiiii desu desu ^_____~" face is just ... EH. I might like it a little better if it wasn't winking, because with all the dark colors, it looks like it's actually MISSING it's eye. :x
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

FMD, where are you? I don't know why, but I almost want to say she drew the Wyllop. It's a cutie. :)

I also smell revamp for Terracoon. It's face is a bit different, and the layering of the fur. I like it quite a bit.

Montre... not what I expected at all. Oh well. Archan is amusingly drunk, either on spirits or wisdom, or both.

*waits patiently for the next set before the Galactic period ends for the month*
Avarice

Post by Avarice »

That Archan looks drugged. Very, very drugged.

The rest aren't really all that interesting to me. I can't really tell the different bits of the Montre apart, but that's probably my eyes going funny and not the fault of the art. The stomach seems.. bulbous? I think is the word.

The other two seem a bit plain, but I guess I like them. Not species I'm fond of.
*cough, hack, wheeze*
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The Archan is high. Awesome!

The Montre seems too out of character. Aren't Montres supposed to be all emo?

The Wyllop has the facial expression and mannerisms of a happy bunny-rat-thing, which is a good thing because it IS a bunn-rat-thing.

The Terracoon is delightfully cute, and...looks older? It looks slightly older, and I like how much better the art is.
Circe

Post by Circe »

The Terracoon is the cutest out of the lot! I love how playful and childlike it looks.

I'm disappointed with the Montre too, there was so much potential to make it something totally beautiful and wistful but instead all I can see is a big round belly, I always thought they were sleek creatures. That belly would have suited the Wyllop better IMO. The Archan looks like it is drunk and doing some funky dance (not well either) sort of like the "walk like an egyptian" dance.

Anyway, is anyone getting any other galactic pets this month? I was kinda hoping for the tigerean to be released. I want to change Iris from a Galactic Kumos into a galatic kitty, I'm stuck between the Celinox and Kerubi. I don't like the feli's expression otherwise it would have been my pick. Any opinions?
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Well, I wasn't looking forward to anything in particular for this month's galactics, but I'm a bit dissapointed.

The Wyllop is adorable. No complaints. <3

But the other three... eeehh. The montre doesn't look much like the non-redraws, anatomy wise. I don't like that beer belly at all, it makes it look pregnant. Or like a rodent. But mostly like it's pregnant. And it's way too happy considering it's the angstiest looking specie on the site.

The Archan... well. It's been said, it looks drugged/drunk.

And the Terracoon... it's much stubby/chubbier than the normal ones. And the more detailed fur makes me think "zigzagoon." But I suppose the species itself's to blame for that.
Edit: AHA! They changed it's tail! No wonder it reminds me of zigzagoon. I sense a revamp in the new future. :P

I like the detailed background the Archan has, though. I wish that style were used more often for galactic pets.
Last edited by Slugawoo on 06 Jul 2007 07:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

FMD did draw the Wyllop. ^_^

And I really want one! Sooooo cute. I just can't think of a name/personality. Also lacking the mystical plushie dealy.

The Montre is a huge disappointment to me. They're one of my favorite species; I love all their colors. But not this. This is just... weird. Not Montre-ish.

edit: I forgot to add that yeah, the Archan is very "dude, my hands are HUGE."
Image Image
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I love the wyllop, but I don't think I have room in my lineup. I also smell FMD art. I think it is the paws...

The terracoon is surprisingly good, too. Not very majestic, perhaps, but an adorable, pudgy little expression. And the ickle tooth! Very cute.

The other two... Well, I think both of them got into something. They are both quite loosened from their typical stature. Neither appeal to me at all.

I want more. I was hoping for an aeanoid. I have a seed and I need to decide if I want to use it. Or sell it at an inflated price, I'm actually not all that picky.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

How does a plant work in space? I mean, sure, no animal really works in space, but I always thought Aeanoids had... roots.
Image Image
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

AngharadTy wrote:How does a plant work in space? I mean, sure, no animal really works in space, but I always thought Aeanoids had... roots.
It could have an attachable meteor. :3 But I wouldn't complain to a huge tentacled space monster either.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

It uses its root system to capture minute particles of minerals and...dark matter. Duh. Anyway, I don't like any of them. The wylop I like as a species, but only in its original form because it's shiny. The terracoon is an improvement over the current one, I especially like its face, but still not something I'd want.
covet

Post by covet »

The Archan and the Montre look like they've just rolled off each other. The Montre just asked "Was it good for you, too?" while the Archan is about to light up a post coital cigarette.

Not a fan of anything but the Wyllop, here.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris