New Pet! The Sage! (Renamed the Mahar)

For posting new and revamped pet colours on Subeta.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I didn't like the elixirs at first, but then I realized that the color of the liquid seems to be the color of the embedded gems/eyes/eggs, and that's fantastic enough to make me love them.
Image Image
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Aw great, the elixirs are pretty. Now I want all of them instead of just one of whatever color I decide to make Scheherazade. Thanks whichever artist is responsible.

(No, I'm really thrilled. New stuff for my magic gallery!)
Elfwoman99

Re: New Pet! The Sage!

Post by Elfwoman99 »

This has been renamed Mahar?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mayhem
Human Avatar: 168272

Post by Mayhem »

I wonder what prompted the change. I liked Sage better.
Varicolored on Subeta
ImageImageImageImageImage
tallan

Post by tallan »

How... ugly. :/
checkers

Post by checkers »

Front Page Subeta wrote:Having spent a full month in their presence, Subetan anthropologists have now learned more of the language of their most recent discovery. Realizing that these creatures call themselves the Mahar species, the researchers have agreed to encourage all of Subeta to refer to mahars by their chosen name from now on. The name, a derivative of one meaning "great seer" leads us to believe that we haven't discovered everything there is about these magnificent creatures yet!
Anthropology? That doesn't make sense, isn't Anthropology Human Studies? Ethology/Zoology I think is the Animal Behaviour isn't it, and I thought that would be what is marked for Animal Watchers things, Anthropology certainly wouldn't help you understand the Sage.

Mahar, it sounds evil like, Muahah (Evil Cackle) or Mustafar (Anakin Skywalker becomes Vader)
Joey
Secret Ninja Mod
Human Avatar: 166931

Post by Joey »

Maybe the use of the word Anthropology is to indicate that the pets are more then just animals? It makes sense seeing as the post is about changing the name due to more understanding of their language.

I like the name change. Mahar sounds more fitting to the fantasy element of the site, whereas Seer sounded too real world to me.
Luxe

Post by Luxe »

Joey is right on this one. The term anthropology refers to a social science. Since it's become apparent that they have a language, intelligence, and are sentient, the term is fairly accurate. The biologists or zoologists may discover they have a language. The anthropologists would be the ones who would take the time to study and/or learn it.
Last edited by Luxe on 05 Oct 2007 07:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I also like the change. Sage always made me think of a dragon made of herbs and spices.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Huggles wrote:Sage always made me think of a dragon made of herbs and spices.
Me too, but I don't know if I like this either, it doesn't remind me of anything, but I don't like the sound of Mahar. I don't know what's quite wrong with it, I guess I just don't like those letters together, like things ending in har don't look right to me or something.
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I actually hate it. I admit Sage was a common word for a name, but... Mahar?

Everytime I see it now I think "MaHARRR." And it's just... annoying. It sounds like something a little kid would say over and over to piss you off. x.O;

I understand where they got the name from, but that doesn't make me hate it any less.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I prefer Sage to Mahar, too; the latter sounds... "harsher" than the former, and although the definition may fit, the pronounciation doesn't yet conjure the image of the wise, calm pet I had previously pictured. I'm not really sure how to better explain it (though it's pretty close to what Checkers was saying), other than Sage sounded like it fit better.

I'm sure it's just a matter of letting the name grow on me, though.
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Post by mellaka »

i didn't especially like the name sage so the change doesn't bother me. i'm sure i'll get used to it.

it doesn't affect my liking of the pet and plans to find a spot for one someday.
Last edited by mellaka on 05 Oct 2007 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

I hate that they renamed it Mahar. There's already 6 other pets that start with an M.

To me, Sage was more fitting for a dragon than something like Mahar. o_0
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I don't really like the name change, either.

They should release more colors to make up for it. ::coughbloodredcough::
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}